PDA

View Full Version : Save the CZ858!

Mil Specs
02-27-2015, 01:14 PM
As CZ owners, almost a year of the amnesty has gone by and little has changed . The 2016 deadline is looming and approaching rapidly. This was posted on another site and is worth our consideration and support IMO.

I would encourage all owners of the CZ858 to e-mail CZ and voice their feelings about the current situation in Canada with the CZ 858 rifle. I would advise that you keep the e-mail polite, short and to the point. Most of the posts on ______ have contained a lot of speculation, please stick to the facts as they affect you. I will be meeting with CZ in three weeks and as always this issue will be top of my agenda.

Petr Kallus is the Senior sales manager that we have dealt with for the past few years, he can be reached at (kallus@czub.cz)

Radmila Tomkova is assistant to Petr, (tomkova@CZUB.CZ) as Petr is often out of his office, I would suggest that all e-mails are copied to Radmila.

Please copy me John@wolverinesupplies.com on your e-mails, the higher the volume of e-mails the stronger the position I will have with CZ. Right now Petr seems to be away and you will get an auto reply stating that The Canadian government has made no attempt to say CZ rifles were considered for prohibition so I would include these links as well in your emails .

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/notice-avis-2014-03-eng.htm

and http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/2014/2014-08-13/html/sor-dors182-eng.php

So far replies are somewhere around a hundred or so emails (out of 10 000 owners ???) maybe we don't care, maybe it is old news, maybe we should lose our firearms to the RCMP... what ever the case keep it civil and be polite but state your case and let CZ know this may effect future purchases of their products . If this violates TOS I apologize but it is something that is concerning to many of the members here.

If you never got the chance to own a cz858 but were planning to, write them and let them know that this mistake/oversite is costing them future customers as well .

Foxer
02-27-2015, 02:46 PM
ummmm - c-42 is indeed in progress and winding it's way thru the system. It should be law within a few months. What exactly is the problem?

Doug_M
02-27-2015, 03:20 PM
Minister Blaney publicly stated in the House of Commons during the 2nd reading of C-42 that as soon as it is passed into law they will reverse the classifications.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steveo9mm
02-27-2015, 03:25 PM
https://rastafari369.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/bored_muppet.gif

Foxer
02-27-2015, 03:35 PM
https://rastafari369.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/bored_muppet.gif

LOL steveo :) - yeah, that's the parliamentary process for ya :) It's many things, but 'quick' isn't one of them

Steveo9mm
02-27-2015, 03:46 PM
any ideas as to when they may vote on C-42?

Foxer
02-27-2015, 04:09 PM
well - there's several votes it must go thru. You can follow it's progress here:
http://www.parl.gc.ca/legisinfo/BillDetails.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&billId=6714626

It's currently at second reading, which will finish probably the next day it's up for discussion. Then it's got to go to committee, which i doubt will take long. Then it comes back for third debate and the final vote.

Then it does it all again in the senate. Tho that's usually much quicker.

I would guess it'll clear all that somewhere around may, perhaps into june depending.

Gunexpert007
02-28-2015, 08:12 AM
Hopefully the CPC can get C-42 through before the next election......but then again , if the CPC falls , the Lib. and NDP can easily reverse C-42 if they so choose.....

Foxer
02-28-2015, 10:28 AM
Hopefully the CPC can get C-42 through before the next election......but then again , if the CPC falls , the Lib. and NDP can easily reverse C-42 if they so choose.....
Well.. not 'easily'. They would have to make a change in the law, so they'd have to go thru the same process as putting the law in place. And during that whole time gun owners will be pissed as hell (including those who currently argue that there's no value in the law amusingly enough :)) They COULD make a quick change to the regs to re-prohibit the CZ's and swiss rifles, but then they will have to personally wear the stealing of personal property from thousands and thousands of gun owners and hope that we calm down before the next election. If they had a minority gov't - that could prove very dangerous. If they have a majority they might get away with it, gun owners have tragically short memories about most things.

Bottom line tho - it's probably better if we keep the CPC in power instead and avoid the risk.

JRW (QOR)
03-15-2015, 06:43 AM
I got a report from my MP yesterday. He called Blaney's office for an update three days ago. It will be law before they break for the summer. It's considered by both Blaney and Harper to be a high priority item.

JRW (QOR)
03-15-2015, 06:45 AM

If the Liberals get in, they would ban far more than the SA and Cz. Bye Bye all handguns. And they wouldnt need to reverse C42, just do one massive Order in Council.

Steveo9mm
03-15-2015, 07:08 AM
If the Liberals get in, they would ban far more than the SA and Cz. Bye Bye all handguns. And they wouldnt need to reverse C42, just do one massive Order in Council.

then lets not vote liberal shall we