PDA

View Full Version : Bedtime Stories with Officer Friendly

3MTA3
03-01-2015, 05:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A65c0C9aXGM
Interesting stuff

Please note the references to fraudulent instructors, collector status and structured ranges!

DeathSpok
03-01-2015, 11:18 AM
That's interesting, the part about the enhanced screening process for PAL(R) holders under two years who are trying acquire five or more restricted firearms or two or more of the same model.

And then the part about "confirm your purpose". The problem with verifying "target shooters" is that we may not all belong to a club at the time the CFO comes to enquire. For example I'm not currently a member of a range or club, for a number of reasons including time constraint, but mainly because it's hard to find one within a reasonable distance of Toronto that doesn't cost an arm and a leg (not to mention those which are operating, but are currently closed to new applicants). The reason I want to buy a restricted now is mainly because by the time I finally manage to join a club, everything's going to be 15-20% more expensive with the CAD tanking vs. USD. Retail prices in CAD are already rising with newly imported firearms, except in those cases where the items had been back-ordered and were already paid for.

3MTA3
03-01-2015, 12:05 PM
Bear in mind you use to be able to say what club you intend to join..

All of this stuff, I think is part of a deterrence program. Limit the number of firearms instructors to limit new owner increase, make the ATT process cumbersome, promote the idea that shooting on private land violates the law (unapproved range). Make the courses expensive and have long time frame to get a license etc etc

DeathSpok
03-01-2015, 12:11 PM
All of this stuff, I think is part of a deterrence program. Limit the number ...

Not to mention making the approval process difficult for new ranges to open up. In that case, you're dealing with both CFO overreach and with municipal by-laws (I'm thinking of Toronto here ....)

3MTA3
03-01-2015, 12:24 PM
add to that -"won't answer phone", no website with guidelines to processes or explanations of requirements...

DeathSpok
03-01-2015, 12:49 PM
add to that -"won't answer phone", no website with guidelines to processes or explanations of requirements...

That's why we have useful forums such as this one :)

Edward Teach
03-01-2015, 01:24 PM
Comments are disabled for this video.

Cowards.

3MTA3
03-01-2015, 01:34 PM
Lets have a CFO film festival!- This is old nut note reference to public safety...
While I would like to believe Foxer's assertion's that limiting the CFO's power will get them off our back, I bet in practice they will just find other means .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEmHph0GqoU

Swampdonkey
03-01-2015, 03:10 PM
Cowards.

They don't fight for sport or ritual, but victory. It's time we did the same.

Whereas history is writ by the victors, we may silence any record of underhanded methods after we win.

762shooter
03-01-2015, 07:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A65c0C9aXGM
Interesting stuff

Please note the references to fraudulent instructors, collector status and structured ranges!

That man just oozes arrogance.

blacksmithden
03-01-2015, 08:48 PM
I watched 2 minutes of that....now I'm going to go have a shower to try and wash the dirty feeling away. I agree with 762shooter.....the arrogance is overflowing out of that jerk's ego.

Tactical72
03-01-2015, 09:23 PM
What a fear mongering sh*thead! Now we know who started the idea that people would be driving around with handguns in the glovebox under C-42.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forbes/Hutton
03-01-2015, 09:43 PM
I'm told he retired in January.

3MTA3
03-01-2015, 09:45 PM
I'm told he retired in January.
Yeah I think so- but all I can say is better the devil you know.

blacksmithden
03-01-2015, 09:56 PM
Yeah I think so- but all I can say is better the devil you know.

Sometimes....but not always. With his outright, flagrant disrespect and outright harassment of restricted firearms owners with his policies, he's a hard act to top in the ego and arrogance department.

For all the guys and gals in Ontario...here's wishing you luck the next one isn't such a block head.

88 louie
03-01-2015, 10:22 PM
I watched 2 minutes of that....now I'm going to go have a shower to try and wash the dirty feeling away. I agree with 762shooter.....the arrogance is overflowing out of that jerk's ego.

You missed a confession, lol at 3:15.
"The police like to avoid work,, wherever they can."
&. In the second video Wyatt say's they will only be destroying the registration certificate info, not the ledger information(name of buyer/make/model/Sr.#) Nice to see that Mr.Friedman called him out on that.

speedloader
03-01-2015, 10:47 PM
I know some of you guys said hes was a P---- but I never heard him speak before
Unreal, that guy needs a couple little ss's on his collar to go with his attitude
disarm agenda much??? good riddance I'd say ,

Edward Teach
03-01-2015, 11:15 PM
...and yet there he was speaking at what looks to be an OFAH event. Now there is one organization that I have absolutely no confidence in.

3MTA3
03-02-2015, 05:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp5RdnkF-4k...

TheCenturion
03-02-2015, 08:05 AM
Ok, 1: He has really pretty eyes.

2: He should be immediately and publically dismissed, for cause, for misrepresenting the automatic ATT provisions of c-42 as 'allowing one to travel with their restricted in their glove box.' He's either dangerously misinformed on information that it's his job to know, or he's knowingly lying to further a personal/political agenda.

3: Nice to know that one can, actually, build their own, private range and have it certified. I'd wondered about that.

DeathSpok
03-02-2015, 08:28 AM
Ok, 1: He has really pretty eyes.

2: He should be immediately and publically dismissed, for cause, for misrepresenting the automatic ATT provisions of c-42 as 'allowing one to travel with their restricted in their glove box.' He's either dangerously misinformed on information that it's his job to know, or he's knowingly lying to further a personal/political agenda.

3: Nice to know that one can, actually, build their own, private range and have it certified. I'd wondered about that.

1. no comment

2. He's a cop - most of them don't believe civilians should have firearms

3. I've read that even though you could, it rarely ever happens due to the cost of setting one up, finding a place that will actually let you set one up (because of municipal by-laws), and actually being able to get it CFO certified (they can tell you any time that it's not built to regulations and force you to remediate, and really who are you going to appeal that to?). Not to mention liability issues, so you'd need insurance, which I can't imagine being cheap.

FYI - "Shooting Clubs and Shooting Ranges Regulations" - http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-98-212/index.html

awndray
03-02-2015, 08:57 AM

http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/showthread.php?11753-DIY-Gun-Range

awndray
03-02-2015, 09:02 AM
He's a cop - most of them don't believe civilians should have firearms

Can we please tone down the rhetoric and focus on the issues at hand? I realize that it's easy to pigeon-hole people, it's only human, and it is probably correct 90% of the time, but I know both cops who are supporters of legal gun ownership, and cops who are against it. So while the stereotypes may sound great in a sound bite, they're probably not as useful in practical terms because they make us lose sight of what needs to be done.

:p

DeathSpok
03-02-2015, 09:18 AM
Can we please tone down the rhetoric and focus on the issues at hand? I realize that it's easy to pigeon-hole people, it's only human, and it is probably correct 90% of the time, but I know both cops who are supporters of legal gun ownership, and cops who are against it. So while the stereotypes may sound great in a sound bite, they're probably not as useful in practical terms because they make us lose sight of what needs to be done.

:p

Haha, touché.

But you'll note that I said "most cops", and not "all cops" or "the cops".

So if Foxer had said "most lefties" (and I did in fact grant that the stereotype was correct 90% of the tine) then I wouldn't have bothered.

Edit: BTW, does GoC have a "mobile" site? I was typing my reply on my phone, and it was a truly painful experience.

Edit 2: a couple of typos.

TheCenturion
03-02-2015, 09:46 AM
Haha, touche.

But you'll note that I said "most cops", and not "all cops" or "the cops".

So if Foxer had said "most lefties" (and I did in fact grant that the stereotype was correct most of the tine) then I wouldn't have bothered

He can be a cop all he wants; I think that makes it *more* important that he not grossly misrepresent the law, not less.

DeathSpok
03-02-2015, 09:50 AM
He can be a cop all he wants; I think that makes it *more* important that he not grossly misrepresent the law, not less.

Granted, but anyone can simply misrepresent the law - the fact that he's a cop makes it worse because he has a duty to uphold the law, not to make it up as he goes along.

TheCenturion
03-02-2015, 09:58 AM
Granted, but anyone can simply misrepresent the law - the fact that he's a cop makes it worse because he has a duty to uphold the law, not to make it up as he goes along.

That's what I'm saying. Either:
a) he doesn't understand C-42, which makes him utterly incompetent to do his job
b) he doesn't care to read C-42, which makes him utterly incompetent to do his job
c) he has read and understood C-42, but chooses to make public statements that are factually incorrect, which is something that probably has a specific legal term, but I'll just call it 'knowingly and willfully fraudulent.' In which case he should be publically terminated for cause.

speedloader
03-02-2015, 11:19 AM
when you start bending the law to further you own beliefs or agenda
and your soul purpose is to uphold the law, you should be terminated period.
end of story the sad fact is these guys are allowed to continue doing it

infidel29
03-02-2015, 06:00 PM
That video is well over a year old, if my memory serves me correctly.

RangeBob
03-02-2015, 06:44 PM
2. He's a cop - most of them don't believe civilians should have firearms

I've been watching USA CCW trends for a long time, and I noticed that before the local law was passed most expressions were against, and after the local law was passed most expressions were in favour.

This led me to the hypothesis that police are in favour of the status quo -- which works out really well since they're paid to enforce the status quo so its good in a couple ways that they believe the status quo is the good.
or the much older variation:

"It's hard to convince a man that something is true, when is paycheck demands he believe exactly the opposite"

That said,

PoliceOne’s Gun Policy & Law Enforcement survey was conducted between March 4
and March 13, 2013, receiving 15,595 responses from verified police professionals (American)
across all ranks and department sizes.
Asked:
- would more gun control help: most popular answer "No effect"
- would bans help: most popular answer "No effect"
- should citizens be required to be safety trained before purchase: most popular answer "No"
- would mental health background checks on buyers reduce mass shooting: most popular answer "No"
- do you support a national database of firearms ownership: "No"
- if you were sheriff how would you respond to more gun control: "Not enforce"
- Gun buybacks effective at reducing gun violence: "No"
- do you support concealed carry: "Yes, without question" (91.3%, 12,968 out of 14,200 responses)
- legally-armed citizens important at reducing crime rate: "Extremely Important"
- Newtown & Aurora, effect of armed citizen: "casualties reduced" (80%)
- support arming teachers: Yes (76.6%)
- Do you carry firearm off duty: most popular answer "Yes"