PDA

View Full Version : handgun transfer

sky52
03-19-2015, 10:23 AM
THis maybe in the wrong section. If it is mod please move it.

Just a quick question, I recently bought a handgun used on the EE at the "other site". Buyer initiated transfer, I did my side of it. So after waiting 2 weeks and heard nothing. I decided to call in and find out about the status of it. Lady on the phone told me that the transfer went to the registry. What does she mean by that. Iasked her that same question but she couldnt tell me what hat is.

3MTA3
03-19-2015, 10:32 AM
Did you call your provincial CFO office? Sometimes the process can be longer, but in my experience a week to 2 weeks is normal -I have heard shorter and I have heard much longer. Did you provide a email contact? Maybe she meant the transfer was approved and it was passed to Miramachi?

ReignCzech
03-19-2015, 10:39 AM
Did you speak with the seller again to see if their side went through?
when both sides are completed it goes to your regional cfo office, you get your registration certifcate mailed and or emailed , as well as your temp ATT, ATT/LTATT.
your CFO office probably has the transfer paperwork, call them to verify the tranfer and registration certifcate, they can email it to you, the other standard paper copy will be mailed as well.
the other thing is, do you have your range/rod and gun club membership sent in to your cfo office? they will be wanting that verification as well, for cetain, prior to approval and finalization, then on that your temp ATT, or ATT, or LTATT for the range ( restricted and prohibited firearms).

sky52
03-19-2015, 10:46 AM
Everything is on hold pending a registry review is what she told me. When I did my side of the transfer. The guy already check that I have my ranger member and whatnot.

Last transfer I had was 2 weeks ago. Private as well. It was completed and approved in 2 hours

blacksmithden
03-19-2015, 02:18 PM
I had one this winter that took 3 months. We finally got fed up and called the CFOs office....not to see if it was done, but to ask what the hell was going on. Dont tell me it takes 3 months to review ANYTHING.

They approved it right then and there....done. I have no doubt it got put somewhere and nobody looked at it in all that time. Anyway....2 weeks isnt unusual....but if it gets to 4 or more, start making phone calls and asking what the hold up is. Theres no reason some of this stuff should take as long as it does unless somebody screwed up or is being lazy.

sky52
03-19-2015, 02:44 PM
WOW 3 months, i would've start calling after a month, especially giving that BC CFO are pretty quick.

blacksmithden
03-19-2015, 11:55 PM
WOW 3 months, i would've start calling after a month, especially giving that BC CFO are pretty quick.

This was Alberta actually. The buyer is a guy that I work with, and the weather was crap. He wasn't in a big rush to get out to the range...just wanted to get things sorted out and done before the nice spring weather hit. I didn't realize how long it had been sitting in the big black CFO paperwork void. Again...that isn't the norm for here. First time restricted owners typically take a little longer, but not THAT long.