PDA

View Full Version : Is the NP22 as good as a Real Sig P226??

CivilAdvantage
04-06-2015, 04:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsPSBYSnBXw

kennymo
04-06-2015, 05:03 PM
Quality review. The NP22 has been on my giver a try list for a while, still haven't gotten to it... The Sig is, as you say, a little pricey for the use I'm going to get out of it. If I'm spending that much, I want a big shiny revolver.

Canada_Phil
04-06-2015, 05:21 PM
Hey cool!

This very subject has been on my mind lately, so talk about timely! Haha

Rod, off hand do you know of anyone that has tried the actual SIG .22lr conversion slide/barrel kit and .22 magazine on the Norinco with success? (I can't get a straight answer anywhere on that).

The Sig 226 is the handgun I think I really want, but I came back to thinking about the Norinco as a cheap interim partially because Norinco has come out with their SIG226 clone also in 7.62 Tokarev!! (Under the Dominion Arms name) and thought maybe I would get both an NP22 and their Tokarev SIG clone INSTEAD of a real SIG and still have $450 to spare! (Yeah, I like goofy things!) :)

Hey, there is an idea for a future vid! How about a review of the Tokarev!! version?

You can shoot the SIG and give the Tokarev to Vlad (seems fitting no?) for a side by side comparison!
:)

TheHydrant
04-06-2015, 05:51 PM
Hey cool!

This very subject has been on my mind lately, so talk about timely! Haha

Rod, off hand do you know of anyone that has tried the actual SIG .22lr conversion slide/barrel kit and .22 magazine on the Norinco with success? (I can't get a straight answer anywhere on that).

I had asked around about the .22 conversion kit as well and the answer I get has always been "no it won't fit on the Norinco's". bummer
I have the NP58 which is the 40 S&W version. I'm sure other than caliber it's exactly the same as the NP22. Changing the grips works wonders. If a grip is made for the SIG, it should go on the NP22 just fine. It at least helps it to feel a bit more authentic, and looks cool too.
Sorry to see the SIG mags not working in that NP22. I have SIG mags and they work flawlessly. I guess I got lucky. As Rod said...they are all a little different.
grip I got on Amazon. Well worth the improvement to make your cheap norinco look and feel more robust
http://s21.postimg.org/al713qyvr/DSC02120.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Canada_Phil
04-06-2015, 06:07 PM
Thanks...

I have seen some say no, and others claim it WILL, but after slight "modifications"... But I cant say that there is ANY proof of the latter in video form that I have been able to see.

Drache
04-06-2015, 07:16 PM
Where the problem comes in with using the conversion kit is the NP22 sidearms are not made to the tolerances of their Sig counterparts. Like shown in the video, some things can be a little tight or a little too loose.

The Joe-Man
04-07-2015, 12:10 AM
I had asked around about the .22 conversion kit as well and the answer I get has always been "no it won't fit on the Norinco's". bummer
I have the NP58 which is the 40 S&W version. I'm sure other than caliber it's exactly the same as the NP22. Changing the grips works wonders. If a grip is made for the SIG, it should go on the NP22 just fine. It at least helps it to feel a bit more authentic, and looks cool too.
Sorry to see the SIG mags not working in that NP22. I have SIG mags and they work flawlessly. I guess I got lucky. As Rod said...they are all a little different.
grip I got on Amazon. Well worth the improvement to make your cheap norinco look and feel more robust

I've got an NP-58 and Sig mags don't fit it at all.

Foxer
04-07-2015, 10:50 AM
You do do a good review. :) (man - say that 10 times drunk.)

I'm really not even interested in the sig, and I still found it enjoyable to watch. Interesting that the norc has lower recoil, and I thought that was exactly the kind of thing reviewers should be putting up when they're doing a comparison like that and yet usually don't. It'd be neat to see more of that kind of stuff even with different handguns and rifles (as in here's how it compares to a ... )

speedloader
04-07-2015, 11:42 AM
well done Rod ,that was a very interesting comparison to see
and I hope you do more like that
Pro mag makes 226 mags that do work in the NP22 just fyi as well
and I would suggest the Houge grips for sure as in Hydrants pic above
they do make a big difference

Satain
04-07-2015, 02:26 PM
Nice review.
Sig Germany and Norinco China should never be mentioned in the same breath but the USA versions I do think can be due to there lack of QC in my opinion.

rgallant
04-08-2015, 02:24 PM
Nice review, and one I agree with. I would like a real Sig but wanted to see how much handgun shooting I would actually do. The NP 22 works great for that, I replaced the hammer and recoil spring with Wolffe springs for a better feel. Other than the usual Chinese put the sight to the right issue it works great.

Petamocto
04-08-2015, 09:50 PM
Great review, and I'm happy you went with the "good guy" in the end.

Speaking of the end of the clip, we need to see more outfits provided by Mr Civil Advantage.

I won't be content until I see you do a review in this:

http://www.beautyandfashiontech.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/clip_image002.jpg

Steveo9mm
04-08-2015, 10:13 PM
You do do a good review. :) (man - say that 10 times drunk.)

challange eccepted

ive never shot either of them. but i can tell you i want to try them

GunsNotPuns
04-09-2015, 01:09 AM
Land alive... as soon as you said that they couldn't even get the picatinny rail right I knew the NP22 was going down.

Mark-II
04-09-2015, 06:25 AM
MecGar mags work in the Siggish.

I think that my brother had to relieve the hole for the release just a touch. Couple swipes with a Swiss file sort of thing.

Baddog377
04-09-2015, 09:56 AM
I would like to see him do a review of a S.A.M pistol (thunderbolt).

kennymo
04-09-2015, 11:08 AM
I would like to see him do a review of a S.A.M pistol (thunderbolt).

SAM vs. Seraphim vs. Big Name 1911 Manufacturer vs. Norinco would be intriguing to me...

By BN1911M, I mean something crossing over that $1000 mark. These are the sort of comparisons I enjoy, not being a guy who can afford too much of the $1000+ stuff, I like to get good value for my meagre dollars. Unless Lotto Max comes in tomorrow....in which case one should expect an 'out of stock' sign at all Winnipeg gunshops by Sunday afternoon...

Zedbra
04-09-2015, 03:19 PM
Another good review, Rod.

CivilAdvantage
04-09-2015, 05:30 PM
Talked to the Seraphim guys, might work something there but I'm no 1911 expert.

CivilAdvantage
04-09-2015, 05:33 PM
Great review, and I'm happy you went with the "good guy" in the end.

Speaking of the end of the clip, we need to see more outfits provided by Mr Civil Advantage.

I won't be content until I see you do a review in this:

http://www.beautyandfashiontech.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/clip_image002.jpg

That's a little unsettling.

Canada_Phil
04-11-2015, 07:30 AM
We are going to have to give Peta an Intervention!

His shirt fetish is starting to get out of hand.
:D

Hah!

PS: and for some strange reason, I am suddenly in the mood for a 5lb quadruple Cheeseburger that has been wrapped in Prosciutto slices and deep fried in Maple Syrup... All while wearing sunglasses across the back of my head!??

Petamocto
04-11-2015, 07:44 AM
We are going to have Peta an Intervention! His shirt fetish is starting to get out of hand.

It's not a fetish, it's Rod's "schtick" that he's now playing along with by putting wardrobe credits at the end of his clips.

I merely show my appreciation by saying "nice shirts" like a fan would say "nice shot" to a golfer.

Canada_Phil
04-11-2015, 08:16 AM
I know! Just goof'n around.

I DO still want that crazy deep fried insane burger though!... Damn fat Americans!... With their Diabetes... And Man-Boobs.
:D

Some Guy
04-28-2015, 09:11 PM
Pretty good review however I would've expected a firearms safety instructor to at least racked the slide before pulling the trigger proving the firearm safe before doing so.

The Joe-Man
04-28-2015, 09:44 PM
Pretty good review however I would've expected a firearms safety instructor to at least racked the slide before pulling the trigger proving the firearm safe before doing so.

I'd rather he do that off camera, like he did, and not waste my time as a viewer.

Foxer
04-28-2015, 10:49 PM
I just pull the trigger till the thing stops going 'bang' and call it clear.

ESnel
04-29-2015, 09:52 PM
I just pull the trigger till the thing stops going 'bang' and call it clear.

I hear the trick is not to look down the end with the hole in it to see if any more bullets are coming.

Foxer
04-29-2015, 10:12 PM
I hear the trick is not to look down the end with the hole in it to see if any more bullets are coming.

And what makes YOU the expert? I'm gonna need to see some credentials before I start believing in wild theories there buckko.

ESnel
04-29-2015, 11:43 PM
Expert

If you break the word down it consist of two syllables Ex which further breaks down to X which I've have come to understand represents an unknown value.That brings us to the second syllable spurt which the plumbing apprentice explained to me is a drip under pressure.

So all I really need to be is an unknown quantity spewing under pressure to be an expert which I can then use to bill myself out as a consultant :cool1:

As to credentials I'm pretty sure my journeyman will sign off saying I know just enough to be dangerous

Foxer
04-29-2015, 11:50 PM
Expert

If you break the word down it consist of two syllables Ex which further breaks down to X which I've have come to understand represents an unknown value.That brings us to the second syllable spurt which the plumbing apprentice explained to me is a drip under pressure.

So all I really need to be is an unknown quantity spewing under pressure to be an expert which I can then use to bill myself out as a consultant :cool1:

As to credentials I'm pretty sure my journeyman will sign off saying I know just enough to be dangerous

Oh. Well. Fine then, carry on. :)