PDA

View Full Version : Small Job Handyman in Calgary

harbl_the_cat
04-12-2015, 10:39 PM
Looking for someone who can do most minor repair jobs a good husband and father can do for my rental properties including:

-Fixing toilets,
-Unclogging sinks,
-Fix faucets,
-Diagnose and fix broken appliances (stove, laundry machine, dishwashers),
-Assemble and fix furniture,
-Toggle breakers,
-Move furniture,
-Change batteries on smoke an CO detectors,
-Program thermostats,
-Change lightbulbs,
-Shut off valves for pipes
-Install door knobs
-Install light fixtures
-Know what parts to buy to do any of the above as needed and have the know-how (or Google skills) to figure it out

Ability to do small DIY jobs is a plus, including:
-Cut and install baseboard
-Interior painting
-Install toilets
-Install cabinets
-Framing
-Install laminate
-Install carpet
-Pipe fitting
-Small electrical

My properties are in Huntington Hills and Thorncliffe (Off Centre street in the North).

I'd like to build up a calling list of a few guys I can have on call for periodic work. You'd need your own tools and vehicle.

Camo tung
04-13-2015, 08:24 AM
Good luck, those aren't "Millennial" compatible skills. :evil1:

harbl_the_cat
04-13-2015, 08:34 AM
Good luck, those aren't "Millennial" compatible skills. :evil1:

They are when you become a Husband, Dad, and Real Estate investor - regardless of what generation you're from.

I'm just less a fan of going to my property at 9:00 on a Sunday evening to fix a broken toilet chain, especially if I can pay someone to do it.

jwirecom109
04-13-2015, 08:35 AM
I'd help ya with the electrical if i had the time, but I can suggest a few guys.
Let me check with them first.

harbl_the_cat
04-13-2015, 09:35 AM
Cool, thanks JWire! I'm in the same boat too... Too many jobs, not enough time - hence why I'm looking for help.

jwirecom109
04-13-2015, 09:47 AM
PM sent with electrical contact

lone-wolf
04-13-2015, 09:51 AM
I'd help ya with the electrical if i had the time, but I can suggest a few guys.
Let me check with them first.

Toggle breakers,

You sure they can handle such demanding work? lol

harbl_the_cat
04-13-2015, 09:58 AM
You sure they can handle such demanding work? lol

You know it's a small job when your home - but when you have to drive 20 minutes both ways - it becomes a bigger job.

Swampdonkey
04-13-2015, 12:33 PM
You know it's a small job when your home - but when you have to drive 20 minutes both ways - it becomes a bigger job.

As a tenant, I only rent from landlords living within walking distance of my house, preferably only on the same property.

As a tenant I'm paying for a service rather than investing in property. Basement floods, roof leaks, I believe I've been paying for the upkeep on those things all along.

harbl_the_cat
04-13-2015, 01:02 PM
As a tenant, I only rent from landlords living within walking distance of my house, preferably only on the same property.

As a tenant I'm paying for a service rather than investing in property. Basement floods, roof leaks, I believe I've been paying for the upkeep on those things all along.

You are - as are my tenants - which is why I tend to be quite vigilante about doing it. Now that I'm moving into multiple properties, though, it's just becoming too much work for me to do myself.

lone-wolf
04-13-2015, 01:06 PM

Oh I know, but out of context it's funnier.
I had to drive 10min to powercycle a modem for someone before. Fun fun

BrotherRockeye
04-13-2015, 02:14 PM

That is hilarious!

a 20 minute drive doesn't even get me to the edge of nowhere ;D

harbl_the_cat
04-13-2015, 04:58 PM
Nice - AskForTask for the win again!

firemachine69
04-13-2015, 08:00 PM
Right job, wrong province. :)

FALover
04-13-2015, 08:22 PM
My guess is your kids are to young to learn these tasks. Dad would say " what good are kids if you can't get any use out of them".

pitw
04-16-2015, 10:25 AM
That is hilarious!

a 20 minute drive doesn't even get me to the edge of nowhere ;D

Yep doesn't get me to town for a part either.