PDA

View Full Version : Name a movie you'd normally never admit to liking

Drache
06-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Since I created the post I'll even go first!

http://i2.listal.com/image/164608/936full-seven-brides-for-seven-brothers-photo.jpg

Yup Big Bad Drache actually likes a musical from the '50s! My grandmother seen the movie when it first came to theater and thus bought the first VCR and VHS copy when it came out. Thus myself and many of my cousins were raised watching it.

Redhouse
06-03-2012, 06:53 PM
The Help. I wouldn't really want to watch it again, but I had tears on my cheeks. That just doesn't happen to me.

lone-wolf
06-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Hmmmm not a clue. The Lion King? I can't recall any at the moment.

blacksmithden
06-03-2012, 08:57 PM
I will personally revoke the man card of ANYONE who even jokingly says Broke Back Mountain ! (((((shiver)))))) LOL !

I don't know.....I like some of the cartoon type movies we take the kids to....Madagascar is one. Junglebook was pretty good too.

Drache
06-03-2012, 09:00 PM
You can't really mention any Disney Movies since either:

A) We all watched the old ones growing up so that's allowed (Hell Fox and The Hound is my all time favorite Disney)
B) The new Disney movies generally have enough "tongue in cheek" humor for the parents

Prairie Dog
06-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Took my daughter to see Wall-E when it first came out. Yeah, ok, I wanted to see it too.

RobSmith
06-03-2012, 09:56 PM
I think it was called "Eight Below" . Some movie about an arctic (or antarctic) guy whom had to leave sled dogs behind. I never want to see that movie again (I love dogs), it just got to me and I never want to feel like busting thru the movie screen (saw it in theaters) and doing what needed to get done ever again.

jonanddad
06-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Took my daughter to see Wall-E when it first came out. Yeah, ok, I wanted to see it too.

Wall-E was a pretty good movie lol

I think it was called "Eight Below" . Some movie about an arctic (or antarctic) guy whom had to leave sled dogs behind. I never want to see that movie again (I love dogs), it just got to me and I never want to feel like busting thru the movie screen (saw it in theaters) and doing what needed to get done ever again.

Well we watched in theaters then when it came out we got it on blu-ray..... The blu-ray has yet to be opened lol. I believe the movie came out a year or two after our beloved dog passed away.

Hum... now a movie I would not normally admit to watching.... hum.... this is hard.. I like all types of movies... Action, Comedy, Drama, Cartoon, Kid, etc I watched The Lorax acouple weeks ago... Was not as good as I thought it would be. Tonight I will be going out and watching MIB III and tomorrow will be going to see American Reunion.

FlyingHigh
06-04-2012, 07:19 PM
I don't watch movies I won't admit to watching. I'm smart like that...

harbl_the_cat
06-05-2012, 11:08 AM
With the exception of Cars 2, there's not been a single Pixar movie I haven't thoroughly enjoyed.

Even Cars 2 was ok, if not a bit over the top with a terribly weak plot.

I haven't watched Up or Ratatouille yet though.

Onagoth
06-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Godzilla.....yep, big flop, but I liked it. Also the watchmen.

I also like a lot of kid's movies, the incredibles, shrek, etc....but those are mostly family movies I wouldn't normally watch by myself

M0FuK1Dy
06-05-2012, 06:39 PM
You can't really mention any Disney Movies since either:

A) We all watched the old ones growing up so that's allowed (Hell Fox and The Hound is my all time favorite Disney)
B) The new Disney movies generally have enough "tongue in cheek" humor for the parents

Yeah, The 2 moose in Brother bear, Bob and Doug McKenzie.

BuckingFastard
06-06-2012, 03:31 AM
I think it was called 9 or nine it was really good, I also have to watch "over the top" everytime I see it on the guide, the wife laughs histericly at me but I love that movie. For those that never seen it. Picture "real steel" but with arm wrestling in the 80's instead of fighting robots in the future.

Drache
06-06-2012, 06:48 AM
I also have to watch "over the top" everytime I see it on the guide

I don't think I've seen that movie since I was about 10 :D

jwirecom109
06-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Myself personally its most likely all the kids movies i watch with my 3 year old.
If it was me alone watching them i wouldn't have ever turned them on, but once we watch them together for some reason they arn't bad lol

Ar180shooter
06-06-2012, 03:22 PM
10 Things I Hate About You.

It's an angsty teen high school flick, but I like it for some reason. Possibly because it's a modern interpretation of "The Taming of the Shrew", and I enjoy the works of Shakespeare.

Gibbs505
06-10-2012, 11:48 PM
"Ice Princess":o

Strewth
06-11-2012, 01:26 AM
I haven't watched Up or Ratatouille yet though.

You should watch Up. Go rent it next cheap nite. Heck, everyone should watch Up.

As to the original question...I dunno, I've liked some of my wife's chick-flicks: How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days stands out, I guess?

lone-wolf
06-11-2012, 10:00 AM
I feel a little guilty about liking jeepers creepers 2.

mlehto
06-12-2012, 02:46 PM

Me to. It was pretty good.

Haywire1
06-13-2012, 01:07 AM
The harry potter series. I bug the wife whenever she puts it in, but it's actually not to bad.