PDA

View Full Version : Raspberry Sour Cream Pie

arancio
06-04-2012, 11:20 AM
I have made this my self, but my wife makes it for my birthday every year. That's in a month or so and I am looking forward to it.

Raspberry Sour Cream Pie
1 10" pie pastry (for a deep pie dish)
2 1/2 cups frozen Raspberries thawed and drained well
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
3 cups sour cream
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup white bread crumbs
3 Tbsp. melted Butter
1/8 cup white sugar

1. Spread drained raspberries evenly over the bottom of the pie crust.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together flour and white sugar. Add sour cream and vanilla and mix together. Spoon mixture over raspberries and smooth top.
3. Mix together bread crumbs and butter in small bowl. Sprinkle this mixture over sour cream. Sprinkle the remaining white sugar over the bread crumb mixture.
4. Bake in preheated 400 oven for 14 minutes, then reduce heat to 375 for 45 minutes. Remove and let cool. Serve warm or room temperature.
We prefer this pie cold, but some prefer room temp. or even a little warm
Hope you enjoy it!

Redhouse
06-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Awww, man, I am drOOOling right now. Raspberries are my #1 favourite.

Camo tung
06-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Now this one IS going on the "to try" list! Sounds like the perfect summer dessert after a good bbq.

superbrad
06-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Very nice... I love raspberries and I love sour cream and fruit recipes as I am not a huge sweet eater but a nice light dessert is great...

I will try this... I do blueberry cheesecake on my birthday... Or try to anyways... So looks like you have a nice tradition...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Strewth
06-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Bump:)

OK, pie's in the oven, wife thinks it looks great (she's a sucker for sour cream pie) she's already calling it Gunsite Pie (big +1 for GOC in my house), I'll post pics in a hour...

Prairie Dog
06-10-2012, 09:04 PM
An official GOC pie!?! Beats hats and t-shirts any day!

Strewth
06-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Outside pic while it cools...
http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t424/smellype/GrammaPeggysB-DayandPIE020.jpg

One excellent pie slice (with froo-froo leafy bits:)):

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t424/smellype/GrammaPeggysB-DayandPIE039.jpg

Big thank you for the recipe; this is great pie, perfect combination of the sweet and sour, I am now the household sour cream pie maker:)
Now I need to post a dish, right? No-bake cheese cake? Ribs? Rouladin? I know an easy souvlaki chicken marinade...OP?