PDA

View Full Version : Gun Clubs Near Toronto

arash
04-22-2015, 07:05 PM
Any suggestions for good gun clubs near Toronto?

sk8r
04-22-2015, 07:49 PM
As far as I know, there's not much that has memberships available within a couple of hours of Toronto. There's always Silverdale, of course, but I think you'll just have to get on some waiting lists elsewhere like Oshawa, Burlington, Barrie, Hamilton, Galt, etc. etc. Sometimes there's someone selling a share at Sharon if you have the budget for that. It's hard to get a spot right now around the GTA. Maybe somebody else can point you in a more hopeful direction, but I don't know of anything. Sorry.

Canada_Phil
04-23-2015, 06:16 AM
Any suggestions for good gun clubs near Toronto?

You will never get in. The "waiting" lists are are a perpetual fact now.

I honestly think your only option for a expensive pay by visit scenario is... forgetting name now... TARGET SPORTS?

Frank@NorthTrail
04-23-2015, 09:13 AM
You will never get in. The "waiting" lists are are a perpetual fact now.

I honestly think your only option for a expensive pay by visit scenario is... forgetting name now... TARGET SPORTS?

Correct! Target Sports in Gormley represents the closest range to Toronto but you pay dearly for that particular convenience. Most other options are an hour or more out as mentioned - Guelph, Colby, Silverdale, Oshawa, Orono etc. Start researching from the websites and make some calls to see who is taking new members.

Battle Beaver
04-23-2015, 03:12 PM
The 2 ranges below are accepting new members.

Urban Tactical in Brantford, 1 hour 14 minutes from 401/400 according to Google. Indoor only, all calibers permitted (rifle and pistol).

Triggers and Bows (brand new range), about 1 hour 20 minutes from 401/400. Indoor only, pistols calibers only.

JimRowell
04-23-2015, 04:33 PM
Aurora is accepting. Always has been.
Takes 1 to 2 months to get into the safety course.
Close to Toronto on Aurora road just off the 404.
Indoor. Handgun and rifles in pistol calibers only.
Bullseye, PPC, IPSC.
www.auroragc.ca

sk8r
04-24-2015, 05:11 AM
The 2 ranges below are accepting new members.

Urban Tactical in Brantford, 1 hour 14 minutes from 401/400 according to Google. Indoor only, all calibers permitted (rifle and pistol).

Triggers and Bows (brand new range), about 1 hour 20 minutes from 401/400. Indoor only, pistols calibers only.

Aurora is accepting. Always has been.
Takes 1 to 2 months to get into the safety course.
Close to Toronto on Aurora road just off the 404.
Indoor. Handgun and rifles in pistol calibers only.
Bullseye, PPC, IPSC.
www.auroragc.ca

I guess it depends what the OP is looking for. As far as I know these are all short-range (25 m. max, some shorter) indoor ranges, and pretty pricey, imo.

JimRowell
04-24-2015, 06:58 PM
I guess it depends what the OP is looking for. As far as I know these are all short-range (25 m. max, some shorter) indoor ranges, and pretty pricey, imo.

Well he did say handgun. 1000m gets tricky with those. As for price, they are all pretty standard for the area.

Oops my bad. Upon rereading I see he didn't say that. Guess I was going by his avatar.
Okay, I owe you a beer. ;-)

Haliburton3Gun
06-18-2015, 07:44 AM
HCMC Club will be taking members in the spring. We are a little ways out but have good action sport matches for IPSC and 3Gun.

www.hcmcnet.com
www.haliburton3gun.com

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. - Wyatt Earp

Frank@NorthTrail
06-18-2015, 09:17 AM
HCMC Club will be taking members in the spring. We are a little ways out but have good action sport matches for IPSC and 3Gun.

www.hcmcnet.com (http://www.hcmcnet.com)
www.haliburton3gun.com (http://www.haliburton3gun.com)

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. - Wyatt Earp

Interesting... my recreation property is literally across the street. Will check the website. Thanks

TSE JR
06-18-2015, 05:30 PM
Correct! Target Sports in Gormley represents the closest range to Toronto but you pay dearly for that particular convenience.

It's going to get a little better soon and the massive renos are almost done (3 to 4 weeks). It will also open up rifle shooting (still only 25 metres) without the need for frangible ammo.

JR

Frank@NorthTrail
06-18-2015, 06:10 PM
It's going to get a little better soon and the massive renos are almost done (3 to 4 weeks). It will also open up rifle shooting (still only 25 metres) without the need for frangible ammo.

JR

That's great news. Enjoyed my visit there and will check it out after the renos are done.