PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Rifles for Hunting

adrielm
04-22-2015, 10:44 PM
I combed over about 10 websites to pull this info together.

http://www.huntinggearguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Ruger-No1-Action2-1024x768.jpg

Stainless steel rifles, sometimes called “All-Weather Rifles”, offer better weather protection than standard blued barrels and actions. If you hunt where it rains, or if you bring rifles in out of the frigid cold and have to deal with condensation, they can keep rust away and keep your rifle looking great without having to be as careful as you would with a regular hunting rifle. On a muzzleloader, stainless is extra nice because it helps ward away corrosion due to the propellant and residue left over. Stainless steel rifles are a bit easier to see in the woods, by game as well as other hunters.

Already wanted a centerfire stainless rifle and now you’re just looking for different versions and price points? You’re in the right place! I compiled a list of stainless hunting rifles by price; just scroll until it hurts. Prices listed are current prices local in Canada and the US and can change over time. Note: these are only stainless, centerfire rifles. No rimfire or non-sporting rifles are listed.

Read more: http://www.huntinggearguy.com/rifle-reviews/stainless-rifles-for-hunting/

Foxer
04-22-2015, 11:06 PM
Well that is interesting :) Well done.

adrielm
04-23-2015, 02:11 PM
Well that is interesting :) Well done.

My buddy was looking for a new stainless rifle and I couldn't find a list, so I made THE LIST.

Gunexpert007
04-23-2015, 02:35 PM
Interesting list....thanks for the post :shoot2:

awndray
04-23-2015, 02:38 PM
I saw this on your FB page. Thanks. I didn't even know Savage made a stainless Axis.

Hornychief
05-28-2015, 11:03 AM
I have my Savage 116 Weather Warrior for 2 years now in .300WM and love it. No problems and not worried about it rusting during our deer months

tarrantula
05-29-2015, 10:12 PM
My next bolt action/hunting/precision rifle will definitely be a stainless. Just have to decide between wood and synthetic for the stock. Thanks for the list!

kennymo
05-30-2015, 12:06 AM
Y'know, most of the time I don't care for stainless hunting rifles, but I'd REALLY love one of those stainless No.1 Rugers....

Swampdonkey
05-30-2015, 01:11 AM
Y'know, most of the time I don't care for stainless hunting rifles, but I'd REALLY love one of those stainless No.1 Rugers....

I have the one pictured, 375 H&H. It's wonderful.