PDA

View Full Version : Your new SKS AR Mag adapter prototype...

Canada_Phil
04-23-2015, 01:53 PM
It looks like you guys don't really post here but only at CGN.

BUT, I think it would be great if you could post info about the SKS AR mag adapter you are talking about over there.... HERE!

Just sayin!
:)

EDIT... But on further reflection, you probably don't check this forum at all and I'm just talking to myself in here? Hahaha.

Keep up the work on the product though!

CaperJim
04-23-2015, 04:16 PM
The only problem I have is spending more on the adapter than the rifle is worth. Then you need to get mags for it. End up investing $400 into a sub $200 gun

Strewth
04-23-2015, 04:30 PM
^This is what I was thinking as well, but if you don't want a Restricted Norinco AR (and the associated cost of .223) it's still a pretty good deal? I think. Are there any (very) sub-$1000 semi-auto centerfire NR rifles out there?

Canada_Phil
04-23-2015, 04:35 PM
The only problem I have is spending more on the adapter than the rifle is worth. Then you need to get mags for it. End up investing $400 into a sub $200 gun

I would generally completely agree! And I'm not clear yet, but I think it doesn't even have a Bolt Hold Open! That would suck and probably be a deal killer anyway.

But, I am planning on having 1 SKS in a sort of AK style stock from Archangel. If I go for something like an AR magwell, it would be on that specific gun. But my plan is also for a couple CSA VZ58's with AR magwell adapters... So that is where my eventual "economy" would come in. I would have all common detachable mags across most of my rifles and they would all be XCR-L 7.62 10 rounders.

CaperJim
04-23-2015, 04:36 PM
But the real kicker is that the SKS already has a 10 round mag. It's too absurd to me to spend that cash and make the rifle ugly to achieve what it's already able to do just fine.

Haywire1
04-23-2015, 04:39 PM

Uh no offense, but so what? My $250 stevens 200 is currently sitting in a $260 stock, and will eventually have a $400 barrel, $500 stock, $200 trigger etc etc. Technically my $75 lakefield has more than $400 into it with the new barrel, bolt knob, trigger work amd scope. What I pay for a firearm doesnt affect what I do with it as far as upgrades etc. Ten round pistol mags in an sks? Been there done that, and it was a blast. Pretty sad that was legal but the original mag capacity of ten rounds wasnt.

Canada_Phil
04-23-2015, 04:39 PM
I know!!... But pulling that flimsy "pin" with .99cent pliers would send me to prison!

Strewth
04-23-2015, 04:40 PM
But the real kicker is that the SKS already has a 10 round mag. It's too absurd to me to spend that cash and make the rifle ugly to achieve what it's already able to do just fine.
...but if you do it by removing a rivet instead of adding $400 worth of metalwork and innovation to the bottom, you go to jail. Because reasons. And kittens and children and Sunspots, and probably Climate Change.

CaperJim
04-23-2015, 04:42 PM
Uh no offense, but so what? My $250 stevens 200 is currently sitting in a $260 stock, and will eventually have a $400 barrel, $500 stock, $200 trigger etc etc. Technically my $75 lakefield has more than $400 into it with the new barrel, bolt knob, trigger work amd scope. What I pay for a firearm doesnt affect what I do with it as far as upgrades etc. Ten round pistol mags in an sks? Been there done that, and it was a blast. Pretty sad that was legal but the original mag capacity of ten rounds wasnt.

Oh don't get me wrong, I have no issues with doing add-ons and modifications and whatnot. But in this instance it hurts my head.

CaperJim
04-23-2015, 04:44 PM
...but if you do it by removing a rivet instead of adding $400 worth of metalwork and innovation to the bottom, you go to jail. Because reasons. And kittens and children and Sunspots, and probably Climate Change.

The little pin under the follower is getting pretty loose on one of mine. If it happens to fall off how long legally do you have to repair it? :cool:

Haywire1
04-23-2015, 04:47 PM
Yeah that sounded better in my head. The sks is a very rugged, well built (overbuilt and simple) firearm that works well, and in just about any conditions. If it was manufactured today, the cost would be well over 200. But since its surplus and cheap, many just have it in their head its a $200 dollar gun and thats all it will ever be. Meanwhile in the U.S. they're worth way more, due to rarity.

And technically Jim as soon as it falls off you have a prohibited device. Apparently not only do firearms go on rampages all on their own, esp the scary looking action movie ones, but they never break either according to the laws anyhow

CaperJim
04-23-2015, 04:55 PM
I thought I read somewhere that you had a grace period. Same as if you were to put a pistol grip on a short shotgun, don't you have 30 days to either register as R or go back to the normal stock?

Haywire1
04-23-2015, 05:16 PM
I believe they grant a grace period, but it isnt provided for by law

Strewth
04-23-2015, 06:15 PM
I believe they grant a grace period, but it isnt provided for by law

Probably that ugly, unknowable word "reasonable" rears it's misshapen, expensive head.