PDA

View Full Version : New AK-74M to make debut at Moscow V-Day parade

awndray
05-08-2015, 01:13 PM
http://nl.media.rbth.ru/web/en-rbth/images/2015-05/extra/kalash_641.jpg

Russia's iconic firearms manufacturer Kalashnikov Concern will for the first time introduce the upgraded AK-74M at the Victory Day parade in Moscow on May 9, the company said in a release on May 7.

Kalashnikov has developed a universal upgrade kit for AK assault rifles, allowing the effectiveness of the weapon to be increased by 1.5 times at a distance of up to 300 meters at any time of day and in different climatic conditions.

It also allows the fitting of optoelectronic aiming devices, laser sights and flashlights for use in conditions of poor visibility as well as low noise shooting devices.

"The state-of-the-art firing system, upgraded with a new set of equipment, can be adjusted for any tactical mission and will greatly expand the potential use of the weapon," said the concern's chief designer Sergei Urzhumtsev.

The Kalashnikov Concern has developed three sets of additional equipment for the assault rifle for use by combined arms units, military intelligence and units of the special operations forces.

According to the company, the new equipment can be used to modify any previously released AK model. The advanced assault rifle is planned to enter mass production before the end of the year.
http://rbth.com/news/2015/05/07/kalashnikov_to_show_off_upgraded_ak-74m_at_victory_day_parade_45825.html

http://cdn.rt.com/files/news/3e/91/50/00/12.si.jpg

Russia’s legendary firearms producer Kalashnikov will for the first time introduce the modernized AK-74M at the Victory Day parade on May 9 on Moscow’s Red Square. Kalashnikov claims that the famous assault rifle will now be 50 percent more accurate.

The new assault rifles will be equipped with modern optoelectronic and laser aiming devices, gun flashlights for low visibility and low noise shooting equipment, the Kalashnikov Concern said Tuesday. The rifle will also include a 40-mm grenade launcher and a bayonet.

The upgraded AK-74M will be 50 percent more accurate at a distance of up to 300 meters at any time of day and in various weather conditions, the company added.

The modernized weaponry will be demonstrated by the cadets from one of the two top Russian naval schools, the Pacific S.O. Makarov Higher Naval School and the Black Sea Admiral Nakhimov Naval Academy, at the Victory Day Parade on May 9. The military show on Moscow’s Red Square will mark the 70th anniversary of the Soviet Union's victory over Nazi Germany.

https://youtu.be/MgHGjGCP_6M

Kalashnikov’s innovations will be joined by Russia’s newest hardware, which will include the Armata medium tank - a cutting-edge vehicle with an unmanned turret armed with a brand new 125 mm smoothbore cannon, the most powerful gun of its kind to date in terms of muzzle energy.

https://youtu.be/tTA7kdYFp1E

The latest hardware will participate in the celebrations together with a total of 194 armored vehicles, ranging from the cutting-edge to historic pieces. A total of 143 aircraft will also represent the Russian Air Force in Moscow’s skies.
http://rt.com/news/256277-ak-rifle-russia-parade/

wolver
05-08-2015, 01:25 PM
Do they make a sniper version of the AK? Says these are 50% more accurate, which doesn't say too much. Or do they have a bolt action for this job, and which one?

FALover
05-09-2015, 09:10 AM
Looks like Tapco got a sweet contract! Whats the story with that abomination of a muzzle brake?

firemachine69
05-09-2015, 09:24 AM
Pretty sure that's their silencer?

Canada_Phil
05-09-2015, 10:48 AM
Looks like Tapco got a sweet contract! Whats the story with that abomination of a muzzle brake?

Hahaha.... Spot on!

They do really have a sort of plasticky look about them...polymer mags too now?

Drache
05-09-2015, 11:07 AM
Do they make a sniper version of the AK? Says these are 50% more accurate, which doesn't say too much. Or do they have a bolt action for this job, and which one?

Dragunov
SV-98
OSV-96

bettercallsaul
05-09-2015, 01:00 PM
Looks like they borrowed a lot of ideas developed in the American aftermarket. God bless capitalism.

Nelson84
07-13-2015, 04:31 PM
At first glance looks like sks in archangel stock, then second glance it is a sks with archangel stock and ncstar muzzle brake

CGO
07-14-2015, 10:27 PM
They should just admit their mistake and switch to M4s :Bang head:

Waynetheman
07-15-2015, 01:05 AM
Is that really not some kind of linear brake? Seems too small to be a suppressor for a rifle.

Nelson84
07-15-2015, 09:53 PM
I didn't know they still marked midgets with red arm bands in Russian.

Stephen
08-11-2015, 09:56 PM
They should just admit their mistake and switch to M4s :Bang head:

They won't even eat western food right now. :)

Soakers
08-12-2015, 05:06 AM
It must be self aiming with no visible sighting system.

kennymo
08-12-2015, 05:54 AM
It must be self aiming with no visible sighting system.

The irons don't count?

Soakers
08-12-2015, 10:08 AM
The irons don't count?

I just see a flat top, my eyes must be getting old.

Waynetheman
08-12-2015, 10:13 AM
Hah probably cause you're expecting the rear sight to be on the rear... It's above the hand guard on ak's

kennymo
08-12-2015, 10:46 AM
I just see a flat top, my eyes must be getting old.

Looks like a pretty compact setup in between the two rails, the photos are a little grainy when zoomed (in defense of aged eyes :)). The front post is fairly visible on several of them, looks standard AK-ish. I'd assume they'll be leaning towards installing a low powered optic or some sort of red dot like most of the other modern militaries are doing, irons for back up with a detachable mount of some sort.

lone-wolf
08-12-2015, 10:58 AM
front grip looks like a small pineapple grenade

Soakers
08-12-2015, 12:11 PM
Looks like a pretty compact setup in between the two rails, the photos are a little grainy when zoomed (in defense of aged eyes :)). The front post is fairly visible on several of them, looks standard AK-ish. I'd assume they'll be leaning towards installing a low powered optic or some sort of red dot like most of the other modern militaries are doing, irons for back up with a detachable mount of some sort.

Googled up a better picture, now I see them :FP2

Flashpoint
08-12-2015, 12:39 PM
Hang on a second guys, who's willing to bet that that weirdo muzzle attachment is actually a flash modulator, like the kind that Colt used to stick on those Vietnam-era XM177E2s? With the AK-74's shorter barrel, I think it would benefit from it.

kennymo
08-12-2015, 01:11 PM
Hang on a second guys, who's willing to bet that that weirdo muzzle attachment is actually a flash modulator, like the kind that Colt used to stick on those Vietnam-era XM177E2s? With the AK-74's shorter barrel, I think it would benefit from it.

With the size of that thing I'm almost wondering if it's for rifle grenades...