PDA

View Full Version : Sighting In Vol 3. Iss 2

Doug_M
05-14-2015, 03:58 AM
A letter to the editor...

Dan,

Just finished reading the lever guns issue and thoroughly enjoyed it, particularly the review of Alfa Proj revolvers. I was disappointed, though not surprised, to read about some of the complaints from other gun owners regarding "assault rifles" and handguns. Firearms ownership can be a political topic for many and as we know politics can divide. However, I want your readers to know that as an "assault rifle" and handgun owner I will continue to fight for all gun owner's rights, even when a future government comes after their Weatherby high-powered sniper rifles.

Sincerely,
Doug McComber
Kingston, NS

kennymo
05-14-2015, 07:11 AM
More of the usual. Maybe digging up a few 'nobody needs a gun with a scope on it' quotes is in order? I can't imagine it hasn't been said by the other side at some point... Although 'nobody needs a gun' has already been said many times over...

8irdman
06-06-2015, 11:16 AM
More of the usual. Maybe digging up a few 'nobody needs a gun with a scope on it' quotes is in order? I can't imagine it hasn't been said by the other side at some point... Although 'nobody needs a gun' has already been said many times over...

It's the "nobody needs" line/argument/POV that riles me the most as I'm sure it does to you too. Bad enough when antis use it, worse when it comes from whatever firearm faction/camp whatever. It is not my place to say what anyone in the firearms community shoots,as long as we're shooting it's all good, and it's nobody's business to say otherwise. We are all shooters. Together.

lone-wolf
06-06-2015, 11:30 AM
If I can prove I need an assault rifle, does that mean society has to provide me one for free?
Nobody needs more than a living wage.