PDA

View Full Version : All is well, just not as fast as I thought.

Petamocto
05-16-2015, 07:17 PM
Hello everyone,

If you recall, I had originally set out some goals as March being my brainstorming phase, and April being my build-to-launch phase for my new firearms org. I succeeded in pulling off the first goal, but the second is far more elusive than I had planned.

I am still going forward with this, so please don't take my absence as quitting in any way. The simple truth is that I want to do this right, and that takes a lot of things getting synchronized properly. If money were no problem then I could have done this by now, but the simple truth is that I'm a guy with a job, mortgage, and family, so all of this is on my spare time.

The types of things that have delayed a May launch are basically the paradox of needing money to get started properly, but not wanting to ask for money because there's nothing to show for it yet. It's a pickle. Even if I were to start a crowd-sourced Kickstarter-type project with a goal of something like $10,000, that's going to dry up very fast with start-up costs and a mere few weeks' worth of salary for someone. For that reason I've decided to not ask for any money, and make this entirely a project of passion that I am pouring my heart into for free.

I've been chipping away at the website, and within a couple weeks I'll start opening that up behind the curtain to let you guys pick holes in it to make it a better experience.

Another thing I'm trying to work on is building contacts not just with people in the industry, but with politicians from all parties in my area, and that's on the books this week.

Again, though, I am finding that the challenge is the circle of "I'll support if they support it" type of conversations, which takes time. I know some of you out there (OO Buck, etc) seem to think that it's better to just launch b@lls deep right off the bat, but I strongly disagree with that approach. I've got too much experience in advertising and PsyOps to know that you can't get the launch of a brand wrong. Yes it's great to time a launch properly, but unless you've got millions in the bank, you just can't do it quickly. Since I'm not rich, I'd rather do it right, and that will take time.

As was brought up in the original thread, this org will not be political. It is far too short-shighted to say "Only vote for Party X, and all of our members will only vote for Party X", because if Party Y ever gets in power, you're now never going to get invited to the table. I would rather represent responsible firearms owners to all parties. I'll keep everyone posted as to how the political meetings are going.

6MT
05-16-2015, 09:56 PM
ok.

Gunter
05-17-2015, 05:51 AM
The only thing you can do is your best, you'll get there.

Best of luck (Yes, everyone needs a bit of it once in a while)

Cheers
Gunter

SIR VEYOR
07-09-2015, 09:27 AM
Is there anything overly new? Or still best just staying in the background until the big reveal?

Booletsnotreactwell
07-10-2015, 01:27 AM
Tell you what, launch the thing. If you can demonstrate reasonable kick back and membership enrollment, I'll lend you $10,000, seriously. We'll just have you sign over papers stating that I get 10 points administrative cut off each membership indefinitely and in perpetuity of any firearms organizations you own/run/will ever own/run.

SIR VEYOR
07-10-2015, 05:51 AM
Tell you what, launch the thing. If you can demonstrate reasonable kick back and membership enrollment, I'll lend you $10,000, seriously. We'll just have you sign over papers stating that I get 10 points administrative cut off each membership indefinitely and in perpetuity of any firearms organizations you own/run/will ever own/run.

You Keven O'leary on Dragons Den\Shark Tank? That sounds horrible for his side...