PDA

View Full Version : Minister of Public Safety, Steven Blaney's speech at CSSA STYG Dinner (May 30)

Jarlath
06-03-2015, 06:03 AM
Minister of Public Safety, Steven Blaney's pre-recorded speech at CSSA STYG Dinner (May 30)

Honouring MP Garry Breitkreuz as a champion of firearms owners in parliament (and of course plugging C-42 and the CPC).

https://youtu.be/6jSqO3r5PIg

Canada_Phil
06-03-2015, 06:11 AM
Hmmmm...

Interesting contrast.

At one "Annual Meeting", you had about 2 dozen fatties in shoving and shouting match in a small room.

And at another Annual Meeting you had an organization that actually sits at the Government table hosting dinners attended by MP's and the Public Safety Minister.

:)

Doug_M
06-03-2015, 06:48 AM
It's an incremental approach, but it is forward momentum. And at the end of the day moving forward is better than the status quo. I think we will see more incremental improvements post election. Of course it will be too slow for the people who don't understand how politics work and how public perception needs to change with us. Hopefully those naysayers won't outweigh those of us that appreciate this forward momentum.

Pizzed
06-03-2015, 07:08 AM
Hmmmm...

Interesting contrast.

At one "Annual Meeting", you had about 2 dozen fatties in shoving and shouting match in a small room.

And at another Annual Meeting you had an organization that actually sits at the Government table hosting dinners attended by MP's and the Public Safety Minister. What is it the kids say today - "Oh snap!"

ETA: And I just have to add this little bit:

Parliamentarians from all federal parties took part in the 4th Annual Parliamentary Outdoors Caucus Shooting Day at the Range today (June 2), an annual event hosted by Tony Bernardo and the Canadian Shooting Sports Association, Phil Morlock and the Outdoor Caucus Association of Canada, and the Canadian Sporting Arms and Ammunition Association.

Approximately 60 Members of Parliament, Senators, and senior staff made the trip to the Stittsville Shooting Ranges to learn more about hunting and sport shooting and to try various firearms. Firearms importers, wholesale and retail businesses displayed their various firearms and expert instructors were on hand to answer any questions and offer assistance.

Doug_M
06-03-2015, 09:56 AM
I'd like to know the breakdown of party membership of those 60 who attended.

Canada_Phil
06-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Me too!

But something tells me its 58 CPC, and 2 Dippers... One from Northern Ontario maybe and another from the REAL North.

And they are probably on Tommy Muclair's "List of People to be Pee Pee Slapped"
:)

Strewth
06-04-2015, 07:03 PM
I realise the speech is vetted, and scrutinised for problematic phrases that could be twisted by the opposition, but still, excellent to hear. Great to see the CSSA had the Public Safety Minister for their AGM. Thanks for the video, Jarlath. Donation inbound.

hercster
06-04-2015, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the post Mr. Jarlath. We don't get that much good news so it's encouraging to see progress. The incremental approach may not be fast enough for some but high speed crashes and burning aren't pretty to watch and can destroy the patient and effective work done on our behalf.