PDA

View Full Version : Remington 700 Chassis

Omkaar
06-06-2015, 07:01 PM
A*B Arms has recently announced a chassis for the Remington 700 Short Action.
I'm wondering what the interest level would be for something like this.
https://www.abarms.com/MODX_Modular_Rifle_System_in_Dark_Earth_Cerakote_p/abamx700de.htm
Its available in Black and FDE.
Our price would be the same (adjusted for exchange rate).
https://cdn3.volusion.com/vasum.vqaxy/v/vspfiles/photos/ABAMX700DE-2.jpg?1432123584
https://cdn3.volusion.com/vasum.vqaxy/v/vspfiles/photos/ABAMX700DE-3.gif?1432123584

Swampdonkey
06-07-2015, 08:17 AM
That's amazing.

Are long and magnum actions available? Compatible with any 700 out there?

I'm interested. Excellent concept, but would like to handle one in person before buying. Like a bullpup or non-traditional reticle, it has to feel comfortable and intuitive to the user.

VooDoo
06-07-2015, 01:58 PM
Like the ability to customize stock and grip. I'd be interested to have a look at it if its in a store in Calgary.

Watched the install video - couple of comments:

a. 2 bolts connecting the hand guard to the receiver, compared to 8 for the AICS AX chassis. Seems a little weak.
b. Is there a folding stock option coming?
c. Scope rail as part of hand guard appears to be handy, but I prefer to switch out rails (0moa to 20moa) vs switching scope rings/mounts.
d. 900USD or 1G CDN - what accessories come with it? Keymod rails, bipod mounts, flush cup sling mounts?

Omkaar
06-16-2015, 08:58 PM
Watched the install video - couple of comments:
a. 2 bolts connecting the hand guard to the receiver, compared to 8 for the AICS AX chassis. Seems a little weak.

The stock is designed to be a drop in replacement for the 700 - no gunsmithing required, so it reuses the two bolts that hold the factory stock in place. There are additional bolts for the rail as can be seen in the install video.

b. Is there a folding stock option coming?

At this time there is no intention of making a folding stock - unless the manufacturer is holding out on me which is always a possibility :-)

c. Scope rail as part of hand guard appears to be handy, but I prefer to switch out rails (0moa to 20moa) vs switching scope rings/mounts.

The idea with the 20moa rail is that you won't need to switch scope rings or mounts as it allows you to zero at your lower limit and then any further adjustment would be upwards using the scope alone.

d. 900USD or 1G CDN - what accessories come with it? Keymod rails, bipod mounts, flush cup sling mounts?

It a very well made kit and includes everything seen in the second picture; Chassis, Handguard, Rail, Buttstock, Grip and Magazine.

Omkaar
06-16-2015, 09:00 PM
That's amazing.

Are long and magnum actions available? Compatible with any 700 out there?

I'm interested. Excellent concept, but would like to handle one in person before buying. Like a bullpup or non-traditional reticle, it has to feel comfortable and intuitive to the user.

At this time they are only offering the short action.
The nice thing about the LUTH-AR stock is that it is fully adjustable, so it can be made to fit pretty much anyone with minimal fuss.

Sandhu
09-03-2015, 03:14 PM
Seems like a rip off of a cadex with keyholemods.