PDA

View Full Version : June 27 - Shotgun Match - Sydenham Sportsmen Association

Jäger
06-11-2015, 08:45 AM
Hello Everyone!

The Sydenham DPL is happy to announce our first major event of the season! Join us on Saturday June 27th for a day of shotgunny action on the high-power and skeet ranges. Registration is now open to outside members.

The club is located between Chatsworth and Owen Sound at 82571-82599 Side Rd 6, Owen Sound, ON N4K 5N6

The particulars:
- Arrival & sign-in 8:30-9:00am
- Orientation 9:00-9:30am
- Match underway at 9:30am
- Compete in 1 of 3 classes: Pump, Semi, or Old School (double barrels and single shots)
- Lunch/drinks will be available at nominal cost
- Participation fee will be $20 payable on the morning of the shoot
- The number of shooters will be capped at 20 (excluding the ROs) and shooters must register in advance. (Non-members will have to sign a waiver the morning of the shoot)

Guns & Ammo:
- The courses of fire will include steel knockdown targets, so guns smaller than 20ga not recommended.
- Shooters will need a minimum of 75 shotshells and 5 slugs. Approximately 1/3 of the match will take place on the skeet range, where #7.5 is the largest shot permitted. For the remainder of the match, shot sizes up to #4 are permitted.

So that’s 25 #7.5 or smaller, 50 #4 or smaller, and 5 slugs. Please bring extra to allow for misses! (100+ recommended)

The Rules:
- All ammunition carrying methods are legal
- No magazine limits
- Loading on the move permitted
- The match will be scored
- Live rounds dropped during a stage will result in a 3 second penalty
- Misses will not be penalised, but leaving a target standing will.
- There will be an opportunity to make up for penalties on one or more stages

Targets include steel, clay, cardboard & wood with a few surprises too. Shooters should expect stages requiring multiple reloads so come prepared to haul lots of ammunition downrange.

Shooters will be divided into two even squads to shoot on the two ranges simultaneously. As such the ROs will be spread thin and any volunteers to help reset targets between shooters would be greatly appreciated.

Please email sydenhamdpl@gmail.com or tgerard@live.de to register. You can also PM me.

Foxer
06-11-2015, 08:59 AM
I would sure be neat if that kind of thing were 'televised' on the internet so folks who can't be there could watch.

Jäger
06-11-2015, 10:44 AM
I'll be wearing my GoPro when I shoot my stages and will probably enlist someone to operate the chase cam too. Should be some good footage!

Jäger
06-18-2015, 05:29 AM
Having some fun on a course of fire last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wjLJnOUQ78

Steveo9mm
06-18-2015, 06:10 AM
i want stuff like that here.