CivilAdvantage
06-18-2015, 10:07 PM
https://youtu.be/sutA78u4F1I

coastal
06-18-2015, 10:26 PM
Good grief.... Poor ontario

Foxer
06-18-2015, 10:52 PM
That's pretty shocking. SOME - SOME intelligent people MIGHT just decide that if the sex education curriculum was developed by a known pedophile who'd ADMITTED TO ABUSING HIS OWN CHILDREN since they were 10... SOME might say that it would be wise to put that one on the shelf and start again from scratch with a more non-pedophile oriented group.

But no kathy - she's doubling down. She not only is going full steam ahead, she's letting them distribute pamphlets to kids on how to safely eat poo and whip people. I'll give her this - she's a 'go big or go home' kinda girl.

I mean seriously - this should be BEYOND shocking. Parents are clearly in an uproar and she just doesn't care what anyone thinks. Screw them (literally) and their opinion as parents.

Man, i hope some of those parents are ones who voted for her and realize the scope of what they've done putting her back in power.

Doug_M
06-19-2015, 04:30 AM
Haven't watched the video yet (I will) but Wynne and her supporters have been successful in marginalizing the opposition to this program by both saying they are anti-gay and saying they are anti-sex ed (rather than anti-this specific sex ed curriculum). I think many parents are too lazy to find out for themselves and so they hear on the news that some anti-sex ed parents are protesting and they buy it hook line and sinker.

Kane63
06-19-2015, 07:38 AM
Haven't watched the video yet (I will) but Wynne and her supporters have been successful in marginalizing the opposition to this program by both saying they are anti-gay and saying they are anti-sex ed (rather than anti-this specific sex ed curriculum). I think many parents are too lazy to find out for themselves and so they hear on the news that some anti-sex ed parents are protesting and they buy it hook line and sinker.

That's the part that I think pisses me off the most. People don't like the curriculum so Kathleen pulls her lesbian card and says they're anti-gay. I am so sick of her sh*t.

Doug_M
06-19-2015, 07:58 AM
That's the part that I think pisses me off the most. People don't like the curriculum so Kathleen pulls her lesbian card and says they're anti-gay. I am so sick of her sh*t.

Yup. Been following this on therebel.media and it would seem to me that the parents protesting don't like the age at which much of this is introduced, not the content itself. Although there is also some objectionable (to some, definitely me) content. 6 genders!? Sorry, there are only 2. Teach tolerance, sure. I expect that and I teach my child tolerance too. But c'mon, 6 genders!?

Kane63
06-19-2015, 08:04 AM
Yup. Been following this on therebel.media and it would seem to me that the parents protesting don't like the age at which much of this is introduced, not the content itself. Although there is also some objectionable (to some, definitely me) content. 6 genders!? Sorry, there are only 2. Teach tolerance, sure. I expect that and I teach my child tolerance too. But c'mon, 6 genders!?

Exactly. I'm fine with teaching them the basics or that some people are different and that's okay (tolerance) but how in the hell can you expect a child to understand what something like gender confusion is? They are going to create more gender issues than would occur organically. Of course, any criticism is homophobic which in itself is ironic since they are trying to teach tolerance as well.

Foxer
06-19-2015, 09:57 AM

Well, remember that 'gender' is not the same as 'sex'. There are really only 2 sexes (three iif you count hermaphrodites), but gender is different. Although i'd argue that even trying to 'classify' people one way or another into catagories is probably wrong - it's more like a spectrum.

Foxer
06-19-2015, 09:58 AM
Exactly. I'm fine with teaching them the basics or that some people are different and that's okay (tolerance) but how in the hell can you expect a child to understand what something like gender confusion is? They are going to create more gender issues than would occur organically. Of course, any criticism is homophobic which in itself is ironic since they are trying to teach tolerance as well.

Yes, it's a complex issue and trying to force feed it to children is really wrong. Nobody's saying there's anything WRONG with advanced physics, but 8 years old is probably too soon to expect people to really grasp it :)

Doug_M
06-19-2015, 11:04 AM
Well, remember that 'gender' is not the same as 'sex'. There are really only 2 sexes (three iif you count hermaphrodites), but gender is different. Although i'd argue that even trying to 'classify' people one way or another into catagories is probably wrong - it's more like a spectrum.

Gender is the state of being male or female. Any other definition is malarky. And honestly, I consider myself a mostly social liberal. I could care less about someone's sexuality. But with the exception of a hermaphrodite (which in humans is a genetic mistake), one is either male or female. Transgender is a transition period between the two genders. How one feels about whether they are male or female, despite their body parts is their business and not mine. But that doesn't change the fact that they are male or female in gender. Even definitions of gender that include one's feelings rather than sex (i.e. body parts) still only include masculine, feminine and neuter.

Foxer
06-19-2015, 11:23 AM
Gender is the state of being male or female. Any other definition is malarky. And honestly, I consider myself a mostly social liberal. I could care less about someone's sexuality. But with the exception of a hermaphrodite (which in humans is a genetic mistake), one is either male or female. Transgender is a transition period between the two genders. How one feels about whether they are male or female, despite their body parts is their business and not mine. But that doesn't change the fact that they are male or female in gender. Even definitions of gender that include one's feelings rather than sex (i.e. body parts) still only include masculine, feminine and neuter.

Sex is male or female. But Gender is the range of characteristics pertaining to, and differentiating between, masculinity and femininity. The three 'flavors' that have always been recognized is male female and neuter, but there are a whole range of variations within that and a person can have male, neuter AND female traits. Gender takes into account physical traits such as the sex of a person (man or woman) but it takes into account a lot more than that.

And yes, it's murky :) Humans often are. it would be like saying there are 'only liberals and consdervatives'. well.. no, and some people may fall on one side for some issues and the other side for other issues. It's not 'cut and dry'.

But it's also not necessary to get into the details and make it complex for kids - all they need to understand is that people are different and it's not right to say 'boys should always be this way' or 'girls should always be that way'. And that if you don't have the same feelings as everyone around you, that doesn't mean you're 'bad' or even 'unusual', just atypical.

Which to be honest is the talk we have to have with kids about a lot of things - like the various neuroatypicals, such as those with asberger's spectrum disorder or dyslexia or disgraphia and such. Kids just have to learn that not everyone's the same and that's ok. THey can learn the details when they get older.

Doug_M
06-19-2015, 11:34 AM
Sex is male or female. But Gender is the range of characteristics pertaining to, and differentiating between, masculinity and femininity. The three 'flavors' that have always been recognized is male female and neuter, but there are a whole range of variations within that and a person can have male, neuter AND female traits. Gender takes into account physical traits such as the sex of a person (man or woman) but it takes into account a lot more than that.

And yes, it's murky :) Humans often are. it would be like saying there are 'only liberals and consdervatives'. well.. no, and some people may fall on one side for some issues and the other side for other issues. It's not 'cut and dry'.

But it's also not necessary to get into the details and make it complex for kids - all they need to understand is that people are different and it's not right to say 'boys should always be this way' or 'girls should always be that way'. And that if you don't have the same feelings as everyone around you, that doesn't mean you're 'bad' or even 'unusual', just atypical.

Which to be honest is the talk we have to have with kids about a lot of things - like the various neuroatypicals, such as those with asberger's spectrum disorder or dyslexia or disgraphia and such. Kids just have to learn that not everyone's the same and that's ok. THey can learn the details when they get older.

Sure. But generally when we talk about gender we talk about male and female. It is only a small minority of homosexuals (not gay bashing, they are a small minority) that talk about gender in the manner you described. For the vast majority it means male or female. Other than tolerance it need not be in the curriculum. At the very least not until senior age in high school.

harbl_the_cat
06-19-2015, 11:43 AM
Key phrase, Rod. "Opt out."

Good to see so many parents voting with their feet.

Hopefully more Ontario parents realize the education system is detrimental to their children and look for alternatives.

I've said before, I'll say again - home-schooling FTW.

awndray
06-19-2015, 11:50 AM
The Gender Debate (http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/showthread.php?23508-The-Gender-Debate)

RangeBob
06-19-2015, 11:57 AM
I wonder if it's legal to utter the contents of the teacher's guide, downtown in every city of Ontario -- or if you would be arrested on obscenity charges.

CivilAdvantage
06-19-2015, 12:06 PM
Again, information is crucial for children's development but 3 points:

1. Some of the info is presented too early
2. They wrapped in "gender theory" at age 8, which is wildly dangerous. Strike that, is a weapon to disrupt natural identity and self-image development.
3. Everyone assumes it's the state's right to determine what your child should know. I disagree. Is there anything of mine that still belongs to me??

Kane63
06-19-2015, 12:07 PM
I wonder if it's legal to utter the contents of the teacher's guide, downtown in every city of Ontario -- or if you would be arrested on obscenity charges.

That's a good question. Better yet, have someone stand outside of a grocery store and start teaching it to people. "Excuse me ma'am, I wonder if I could talk to your preteen daughter about safe practices for fisting and bdsm".

Cryptix
06-19-2015, 05:24 PM
Again, information is crucial for children's development but 3 points:

1. Some of the info is presented too early
2. They wrapped in "gender theory" at age 8, which is wildly dangerous. Strike that, is a weapon to disrupt natural identity and self-image development.
3. Everyone assumes it's the state's right to determine what your child should know. I disagree. Is there anything of mine that still belongs to me??

The claim "for the greater good" will eventually come out, and when it does, people need to be ready for it.

The ends should never justify the means. Otherwise you can rationalize any conduct in the name of the "greater good."