Prairie Dog
06-20-2015, 11:36 AM
....they left out Costco. :)

Steveo9mm
06-20-2015, 11:46 AM
OCTOWEENERS FTW

Lee Enfield
06-20-2015, 01:21 PM
My son told me when he lived in Japan they had fabulous hot dogs and they never looked anything like the one in the the link. Apparently they load them with various condiments and then crush potato chips on them, said they were the best.

They melt cheese with corn niblets in it, pour that on then the crushed potato chips. Before they pour the cheese on the put on all kinds of condiments.

bettercallsaul
06-20-2015, 02:27 PM
I like the all beef deli dogs I get at my local deli.

They taste like the kind you get on the streets of Toronto. Mmm Mmm.

short1
06-20-2015, 04:54 PM
My son told me when he lived in Japan they had fabulous hot dogs and they never looked anything like the one in the the link. Apparently they load them with various condiments and then crush potato chips on them, said they were the best.

They melt cheese with corn niblets in it, pour that on then the crushed potato chips. Before they pour the cheese on the put on all kinds of condiments.

Japadog !!. High-end StreetMeat.

Gaidheal
06-20-2015, 05:36 PM
I just started making my own sausages... weiners are next on the list.

:)

Waynetheman
06-20-2015, 08:01 PM
Japadog !!. High-end StreetMeat.

Lol at high end street meat that's a very different thing involving a very different hot dog to me.

Japadogs are pretty good tho.

Rory McCanuck
06-20-2015, 08:05 PM
A few years ago I finally figured why I had such...digestive problems. Found out it was pork, about half-way through the half pig we bought :eek1:
Trying to find anything even slightly processed that doesn't have pork in it is a struggle. Anything that says 'all beef' seems to be a license to steal.
I've been experimenting a bit making my own sausages with venison, beef, and bacon (which thankfully I can eat in small doses).
It's been fun, but I haven't tried making wieners yet.
I think they've been bumped up the list :)

CaperJim
06-20-2015, 08:35 PM
The only style is add mustard and eat

Kenwp
06-21-2015, 05:56 AM
Mine have to be burnt to a crisp over a camp fire with mustard and green relish. As a kid I would only eat Burns wieners but as a adult I haven't been able to eat even them normally.

Justice
11-25-2015, 02:09 PM
"...wieners are next on the list..." A wiener is an American sausage. Made from lips, feet and other kill floor scrapings.

kennymo
11-25-2015, 03:28 PM
Campfire charred is pretty good, with a lightly toasted bun of course, but we always used to get the Bacon Cheese Superdog at a small town gas station as youth, generally while half or fully cut at 3 AM....

A foot long dog, fried with onion and split lengthways so it'd lay flat on the fresh white deli roll. Which was lightly toasted with a healthy layer of melted process cheese and the aforementioned fried onions, and slathered in all the usual condiments. Delicious. We used to drive for up to an hour to get one with a couple cups of coffee in the wee hours so we'd be sober enough to go to work in the morning. (Yes, DD involved, don't knot your panties) One of those things you did in your late teens and early twenties that would cause a multi day hangover if you tried to pull it in your mid thirties.....:)

mavrik9
11-25-2015, 04:52 PM
Airdrie use to have the weenie queenie, she was parked outside the bar every weekend. And on the rodeo grounds at the airdrie rodeo. Best hotdogs ever. And she had every topping you could think of. She would burn the hotdogs for me, and them I would proceed to pile on as many toppings as I could fit on and around the hot dog.

FlyingHigh
11-25-2015, 09:36 PM
Campfire charred is pretty good, with a lightly toasted bun of course, but we always used to get the Bacon Cheese Superdog at a small town gas station as youth, generally while half or fully cut at 3 AM....

A foot long dog, fried with onion and split lengthways so it'd lay flat on the fresh white deli roll. Which was lightly toasted with a healthy layer of melted process cheese and the aforementioned fried onions, and slathered in all the usual condiments. Delicious. We used to drive for up to an hour to get one with a couple cups of coffee in the wee hours so we'd be sober enough to go to work in the morning. (Yes, DD involved, don't knot your panties) One of those things you did in your late teens and early twenties that would cause a multi day hangover if you tried to pull it in your mid thirties.....:)

Ok, I'm making this, minus the cheese, this weekend...

kennymo
11-26-2015, 12:02 AM
Ok, I'm making this, minus the cheese, this weekend...

A proper bun is key. There used to be a little bakery in that small town, pretty sure that's where the rolls came from. I'd hit up a little mom and pop bread shop if you have one handy. The roll wasn't quite a foot long, the dog stuck out a bit at both ends....

I'm a little ashamed, I forgot to detail the bacon.....crispy, two strips and laid in an X pattern over the split dog.... Jeez, do we have a punishment for forgetting bacon details? Sort of like a Hail Mary or something?

Prairie Dog
11-26-2015, 12:04 AM
Harvest brand weiners make the best hot dogs.

FlyingHigh
11-26-2015, 11:09 AM
A proper bun is key. There used to be a little bakery in that small town, pretty sure that's where the rolls came from. I'd hit up a little mom and pop bread shop if you have one handy. The roll wasn't quite a foot long, the dog stuck out a bit at both ends....

I'm a little ashamed, I forgot to detail the bacon.....crispy, two strips and laid in an X pattern over the split dog....

Jeez, do we have a punishment for forgetting bacon details? Sort of like a Hail Mary or something?

Sounds like it's virtually the same as a whistle dog from a&w.

kennymo
11-26-2015, 11:13 AM
Sounds like it's virtually the same as a whistle dog from a&w.

That's practically sacrilegious.....though shalt not speak ill of the bacon cheese superdog, lest though be smacked about the face with an uncooked wiener.....

FlyingHigh
11-26-2015, 05:12 PM
That's practically sacrilegious.....though shalt not speak ill of the bacon cheese superdog, lest though be smacked about the face with an uncooked wiener.....

Speak ill of it? I do no such thing. I make a valid comparison:

A&W Whistle Dog:

- White bun
- Butterflied fried hot dog/sausage wiener
- Processed cheese
- Bacon strips
- Relish

Kennymo's Bacon Cheese Superdog:

- White bun
- Butterflied fried hot dog/sausage weiner
- Fried onions
- Processed cheese
- Bacon strips
- Condiments (probably including relish)

Surely you see the similarities? I do not deny the one you got would have tasted better by leaps and bounds. However, the general construction is nearly identical...

Kenwp
11-26-2015, 07:29 PM
I like my hot dogs burnt over a camp fire and with green relish and mustard. Wife made hot dog pizza for supper I am eating cheese and crackers for supper.

Smokechecker
12-12-2015, 06:28 AM
That has to be to bucket list of dogs. 😋😋😋

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edward Teach
12-15-2015, 09:18 PM
Debrecziner on a baguette. Cheese and sauerkraut. Dijon mustard.

Candychikita
12-15-2015, 10:30 PM
They're missing the ones wrapped up in Pilsbury Crescents, "piggies in croissants".