PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes Wholesale Makes Mistakes

JustBen
06-24-2015, 09:25 PM
Like the Weatherby Mark V Ultralight I bought two days ago. $1387 CAD in Calgary.

I also see this model is missing from their website, maybe they are closing it out?

kennymo
06-24-2015, 09:29 PM
I got my walnut stocked Vanguard sporter from them for $400 brand new when the Series 2 came out. Wicked sales there if you hit it right. I've scored a number of optics at 30% off their list price on more than one occasion too....

Their website is generally completely useless as far as telling what they might actually have in stock. I gave up using it almost two years ago now....

Mikthaniel
06-26-2015, 01:23 PM
I bought two Savage 111's, 7mm-08 and 7 mm Rem Mag, for cost from the Regina Wholesale Sports because somebody screwed up when writing tags for the inventory and had them labelled under cost...

DOA
06-26-2015, 03:20 PM
I acquired my 870 Tactical for the price of the base model. I checked 3 times and only the one store would sell it for that price. saved me about $200 but I'm sure someone screwed up on their end.

slim
07-04-2015, 12:47 PM
I avoid wholesale like the plague.....their website is the worst, ordered a part...waited 2 weeks...no shipping from them, finally ordered the part somewhere else...got it 10 days later. Still no shipping from wholesale, finally cancelled the order.
If you walk in....they have a take a number system....take a number, wait 45 mins to talk to a salesperson...the whole time you are standing there listening to salespeople talk about hunting stories with the customer...while ppl are waiting.
Then when you finally get there..after waiting forever...you get a simple "no" to your query about an item that should have never been behind the counter in the first place...

kennymo
07-04-2015, 01:04 PM
J
I avoid wholesale like the plague.....their website is the worst, ordered a part...waited 2 weeks...no shipping from them, finally ordered the part somewhere else...got it 10 days later. Still no shipping from wholesale, finally cancelled the order.
If you walk in....they have a take a number system....take a number, wait 45 mins to talk to a salesperson...the whole time you are standing there listening to salespeople talk about hunting stories with the customer...while ppl are waiting.
Then when you finally get there..after waiting forever...you get a simple "no" to your query about an item that should have never been behind the counter in the first place...

Never had an experience like that at the local one here. Cabela's though....never hit the gun dept. on a weekend at that place...

The website is the worst though. I tried ordering in a few items they didn't stock locally. Big mistake. I called after about three weeks, they'd put in one (1!) transfer request to pull one of the items from another store. 'Would I like them to try transferring it from another location?' Yes....two weeks later, still no package. Phone call, 'looks like that store doesn't actually have it either, would you like us to try another store?'. Refund. NOW. Never again. Their web inventory is so far out of whack it's not even worth checking to see what they might have....

6MT
07-09-2015, 05:33 AM
No-sale sports is the worst.

Mobusten
07-10-2015, 05:10 PM

That's the truth right there.

Steveo9mm
07-10-2015, 05:32 PM
Wholesale is a mistake

FlyingHigh
07-12-2015, 09:31 AM
Wholesale is the best store in G.P and I've gotten great service on all but one occasion there. No take a number system at the gun counter. Just lean on the counter and someone asks if you need a hand. Sure, they're not the most knowledgeable, but there's a couple people there that aren't bad. Pretty decent selection of guns, optics etc too. Some prices are out of whack (Tavor for $2999, which they lowered to $2699 after I mentioned the rest of the world was selling for $2399 or so) but they are willing to price match.

The shelves are pretty much full too, loads of stock in this store and I was told they can special order some things as well. Lots of staff running around and I get asked if I need a hand enough times it's annoying. LOL

Their fishing section needs a bit of love though, but this is a prairie province I suppose. Not exactly known for quality fishing outside of a few select places in the south.

The independent store (Barton's Big Country)...ya, they're a last resort. I've been ignored countless times, their prices are generally higher than I can find online including shipping, and they're .22LR gougers (they were the first place I ever saw Federal 525 ammo for $49 per brick, 1 brick limit. Everyone else jacked the prices up months later...)

kennymo
07-12-2015, 10:02 AM
^^ Generally had similar experiences at the Winnipeg location. Although they had serious issues with their stock levels before the recent reno. I find pricing is better than Cabela's on a good number of items too.... Silver Heights is my only other 'easy drive' option at the moment, but they're way more focused on archery than firearms.

KnowledgeSeeker
12-20-2015, 02:34 PM
Wholesale is the best store in G.P and I've gotten great service on all but one occasion there. No take a number system at the gun counter. Just lean on the counter and someone asks if you need a hand. Sure, they're not the most knowledgeable, but there's a couple people there that aren't bad. Pretty decent selection of guns, optics etc too. Some prices are out of whack (Tavor for $2999, which they lowered to $2699 after I mentioned the rest of the world was selling for $2399 or so) but they are willing to price match.

The shelves are pretty much full too, loads of stock in this store and I was told they can special order some things as well. Lots of staff running around and I get asked if I need a hand enough times it's annoying. LOL

Their fishing section needs a bit of love though, but this is a prairie province I suppose. Not exactly known for quality fishing outside of a few select places in the south.

The independent store (Barton's Big Country)...ya, they're a last resort. I've been ignored countless times, their prices are generally higher than I can find online including shipping, and they're .22LR gougers (they were the first place I ever saw Federal 525 ammo for $49 per brick, 1 brick limit. Everyone else jacked the prices up months later...)

I go to wholesale whenever I need something pretty simple like ammunition or accessories but when it comes to firearms or optics I go to Bartons!

chrisc
12-20-2015, 03:19 PM
I actually had a good experience at wholesale in Saskatoon a little while ago. I was looking at spotting scopes and the girl there was very helpful and knew what she was talking about, it was a welcome change from my normal experience there. I had actually planned on buying the scope at cabelas because I had gift cards for there but wholesale had some other models in stock I wanted to compare before buying; she had impressed me so much that I bought it at wholesale instead.

road kill
12-21-2015, 06:56 AM
Ya I find the Saskatoon store is a little better, picked up a Wheeler Fat wrench for 1/2 price.

speedloader
12-21-2015, 12:38 PM
I like no sale sports just don't expect anything and your fine
the rules are
don't use the website for stock levels but do use it for product numbers
if your serious call for stock level or go look yourself and if not on the shelf
have them run the product number chances are its in the back
do not go there on a weekend if you need something behind the gun counter period
buy your primers in bulk else where

kennymo
12-21-2015, 01:13 PM
I like no sale sports just don't expect anything and your fine
the rules are
don't use the website for stock levels but do use it for product numbers
if your serious call for stock level or go look yourself and if not on the shelf
have them run the product number chances are its in the back
do not go there on a weekend if you need something behind the gun counter period
buy your primers in bulk else where

I find the general basis of your rules applies to big chain stores in general. If you want the mom and pop experience, go to a mom and pop store.... Although I have to say I've found WSS in town here to be much better than they were previously. Maybe a bit of new attitude after the renovations earlier this year and a few fresh faces on staff? Stock levels are vastly improved as well, though the website is still completely unreliable.

shootemup604
12-21-2015, 02:54 PM
In Langley I was looking for an armourers wrench for the AR. Told by the manager "We're not interested in getting to far into the black gun market, so we don't carry stuff like that".

No business sense.

speedloader
12-22-2015, 10:18 AM
I find the general basis of your rules applies to big chain stores in general. If you want the mom and pop experience, go to a mom and pop store.... Although I have to say I've found WSS in town here to be much better than they were previously. Maybe a bit of new attitude after the renovations earlier this year and a few fresh faces on staff? Stock levels are vastly improved as well, though the website is still completely unreliable.

yes your right the attitude here has changed a bit for the better but remember we just got a new cabela's as well competition is a good thing
here in price increase town sometimes but WSS still has more selection Cabelas is not what I hoped it would be for reloading supplies to be honest
Bass pro is an overpriced joke , all these big stores here truth be told I still have to order what I need online
we have one ma and pa shop and my range I support them as much as possible and always check them first

Lazagna
12-22-2015, 10:38 AM
yes your right the attitude here has changed a bit for the better but remember we just got a new cabela's as well competition is a good thing
here in price increase town sometimes but WSS still has more selection Cabelas is not what I hoped it would be for reloading supplies to be honest
Bass pro is an overpriced joke , all these big stores here truth be told I still have to order what I need online
we have one ma and pa shop and my range I support them as much as possible and always check them first
Who's the ma and pop store?

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z2 using Tapatalk

kennymo
12-22-2015, 10:38 AM
^^ Wholesale has the only thing close to a good selection of reloading gear in town here. Cabela's is OK if you've got a 30.06 or a 270 and just want a basic single stage and a two die set. WSS at least has a fairly wide selection of calibres and a few more bullet choices. A bit of casting stuff as well. And a really good deal on a Lyman Gen 5 digital powder dispenser (damn you McCanuck!). They only thing they're really shy on is powder ATM.....

speedloader
12-22-2015, 10:44 AM
In Langley I was looking for an armourers wrench for the AR. Told by the manager "We're not interested in getting to far into the black gun market, so we don't carry stuff like that".

No business sense.

you know funny you say that because at my local WSS not one of the gun counter guys would sign my AR petition
back when it was for the NFA,and I know them all pretty well it pissed me off! I hate the word fudd but Really ???
that's okay I can buy my firearms in lots of other places and have since they can stick that attitude where the sun don't shine
and when new shooters ask me where to go for good selection I sure don't say WSS anymore
I send them to the real gun stores.

6MT
12-22-2015, 10:51 AM
you know funny you say that because at my local WSS not one of the gun counter guys would sign my AR petition
back when it was for the NFA,and I know them all pretty well it pissed me off! I hate the word fudd but Really ???
that's okay I can buy my firearms in lots of other places and have since they can stick that attitude where the sun don't shine
and when new shooters ask me where to go for good selection I sure don't say WSS anymore
I send them to the real gun stores.

Have you ever considered that WSS being the employer, doesn't want their employees to participate in something outside of their jobs on company time? While I agree with you that they probably should have signed it, maybe they didn't want to get into trouble at work.

Just a thought.

Lazagna
12-22-2015, 10:56 AM
And WSS is owned by UFA, so it's UFA policy they have to follow.

speedloader
12-22-2015, 11:38 AM
Have you ever considered that WSS being the employer, doesn't want their employees to participate in something outside of their jobs on company time? While I agree with you that they probably should have signed it, maybe they didn't want to get into trouble at work.

Just a thought.

could be if thats the case its a very dumb policy considering the industry they are in
because lots of other stores promote all platforms period

I just don't like anything that causes or promotes more division between us gun owners
or draws a line ,we have enough problems coming at us

speedloader
12-22-2015, 12:50 PM
And WSS is owned by UFA, so it's UFA policy they have to follow.

yep, they are and my question would be do you like selling semis
then creating a division by policy according to color is not a great idea
as it will take all shooters standing together to stop the ban of them
may want to rethink that policy

ryukin81
12-22-2015, 02:35 PM
First time ordering online from wholesale was two weeks ago. they had a sweet deal on the synthetic 10/22's. took a week to ship the item but it went well. cant say much about the in-store experience as i went during weekday night and staff was far and few between.

Rory McCanuck
12-22-2015, 02:37 PM
... And a really good deal on a Lyman Gen 5 digital powder dispenser (damn you McCanuck!). They only thing they're really shy on is powder ATM.....
Not gonna let it go, huh? :p
Have you had a chance to play with it yet?

I got an 8 lb'er of 7828SSC there for $289(?), but they only had that and H-381 listed as available on their site.
Now, I don't claim to know everything about reloading, but I think there might be a typo there.
H-380 or H-4831, I could believe, but I just wasn't going to get into it.

kennymo
12-22-2015, 02:54 PM
Not gonna let it go, huh? :p
Have you had a chance to play with it yet?

I got an 8 lb'er of 7828SSC there for $289(?), but they only had that and H-381 listed as available on their site.
Now, I don't claim to know everything about reloading, but I think there might be a typo there.
H-380 or H-4831, I could believe, but I just wasn't going to get into it.

Nope :).

Maybe I'll forgive you if it works real well. ;D I've got a few days off between Christmas and New Year's. If I can get the hunting and shooting area of my basement cleaned up and maybe get the water on in the new bathroom I'm going to try cranking out 50 or so rounds of 35 Whelen stuffed with 250 gr Speers and 200 gr Leverevolutions over some Varget. And if I've got Varget on tap I'll likely stuff a few 6.5x55 cases while I'm at it.....

Rory McCanuck
12-22-2015, 03:14 PM
Now, if only you knew a plumber...
I'm anxious to hear what you think of the powder measure.
That sale is only going to last so long, not that I need one.

kennymo
12-22-2015, 06:31 PM
Now, if only you knew a plumber...
I'm anxious to hear what you think of the powder measure.
That sale is only going to last so long, not that I need one.

What I need is a plumber who's willing to work after hours and doesn't keep forgetting tools at the job site.....:p

Is it on till they clear out everything Lyman or are they just doing a short time blowout to freshen up the stock?

Rory McCanuck
12-22-2015, 08:24 PM
Is it on till they clear out everything Lyman or are they just doing a short time blowout to freshen up the stock?

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fyourbusinessallies.files.wordpres s.com%2F2014%2F07%2Fwpid-52842e451605fb4b00000032.jpg&f=1

It makes me wonder, because a lot of the Lyman stuff has been on sale for a couple of months.
Maybe they're dropping them? Replacing them? New stock? Dunno.