PDA

View Full Version : Canada as a retreat local

harbl_the_cat
06-12-2012, 10:24 PM
There was a letter on Survivalblog.com about Canada as a viable retreat locale. Someone by the name of Htc (I wonder who that could be?) made a reply after Mr. Rawles made a remark about Canadas gun laws that included a shout out to GOC (and CGN to be fair).

http://www.survivalblog.com/2012/06/three-letters-re-why-not-canada-1.html

By the looks of things, it appears htc was a bit groggy and out of it when he wrote that... Maybe he should get a good nights sleep before running his mouth off on the internet.

Here is the original letter. It was pretty good actually.

http://www.survivalblog.com/2012/06/why-not-canada-by-cn.html

jwirecom109
06-12-2012, 10:26 PM
nice to see us be put up next to the big boy on the block only after a couple months

bettercallsaul
07-22-2013, 09:51 PM
Your letter was a very nice summation of the situation for owning guns here in Canada.

In fact, I might save it and use it as a "go to" piece for if I ever need to quickly explain our laws to someone.

awndray
07-22-2013, 10:10 PM
Good letter, but I hate when people use the word "loophole" to explain certain aspects of Canadian gun laws. I see it as an invitation for antis to load up on proverbial ammo for their next complaint. The mere use of the word loophole makes it sound like we're going out of our way to circumvent the law. It makes us appear devious. I don't like that.

bettercallsaul
07-22-2013, 11:27 PM
Good letter, but I hate when people use the word "loophole" to explain certain aspects of Canadian gun laws. I see it as an invitation for antis to load up on proverbial ammo for their next complaint. The mere use of the word loophole makes it sound like we're going out of our way to circumvent the law. It makes us appear devious. I don't like that.

I know exactly what you mean. What do you suggest we call it then? Opportunistic? We see a chance at circumventing a law we find unjust while not breaking any law, so we take it.

No matter what we do, the antis gonna anti. They are going to rage at our freedom because it scares the crap out of them.

Strewth
07-23-2013, 12:16 AM
How about: "By following the letter of the law, Canadian gun owners have found a small airhole of freedom in the ice floe of senseless bureaucracy"?

awndray
07-23-2013, 05:44 AM
Haha! I get what you're both saying. If only we didn't have to worry about this sort of thing.

Strewth
07-23-2013, 11:03 AM
Well, it's for our own safety. Canadian gun owners being the most lawless members of society with zero checks in place need to be restricted to magazine capacity. I once accidentally tried to squeeze six rounds into a rifle magazine and I could feel the urge to run around taking people's valve stems out of their tires come upon me. I couldn't imagine what kind of evil would decent like a dark cloud if I could load 18 or (gasp! *shudder*) 19 rounds in a magazine.

coastal
07-23-2013, 11:13 AM
Well, it's for our own safety. Canadian gun owners being the most lawless members of society with zero checks in place need to be restricted to magazine capacity. I once accidentally tried to squeeze six rounds into a rifle magazine and I could feel the urge to run around taking people's valve stems out of their tires come upon me. I couldn't imagine what kind of evil would decent like a dark cloud if I could load 18 or (gasp! *shudder*) 19 rounds in a magazine.

I can't believe you just typed that and clicked post. A red blinking light is going off in a cubicle somewhere deep beneath the parliament building in the CSIS secret lair.

FALover
07-23-2013, 11:30 AM

When I bought my first Colt AR it was 30 rounds or nothing. As I remember the only cloud to descend on me was that of burning powder.

NorCalDustin
07-24-2013, 12:10 AM
How about: "By following the letter of the law, Canadian gun owners have found a small airhole of freedom in the ice floe of senseless bureaucracy"?
Basically... Like I always tell people... The law tells you what you cant do, it doesnt say you can do x, y, z... It says you CANT do a, b, c...

Therefore, there's whats illegal according to the letter of the law... And then there's everything else.

walperstyle
07-27-2013, 02:40 AM
lol. Lawyers need to make money guys. Hence why the good guys always end up in lengthy court battles while crown council drops charges on meth head thieves and thugs. Please, think of the poor starving lawyers that are out to get you.

note: but really, cover your ass. Its getting stupid now days.