PDA

View Full Version : What to buy??

Krash
07-15-2015, 01:26 PM
Hi guys, I've been an "iron site" guy all my life and know very little about optics of any sort. Anyway, I just got a Tavor and was thinking about putting some form of ACOG or something on it. Any suggestions????

jwirecom109
07-15-2015, 02:00 PM
I liked me 4 power elcan on it, when i had mine.

RobertMcC
07-15-2015, 02:13 PM
Pops running a 1-4X scope on his.

Fredo
07-15-2015, 03:10 PM
Aimpoint PRO for moderate budget (around $500)

ACOG if you can afford one but they are heavy!

Doug_M
07-15-2015, 05:24 PM
I was recently in the same boat. I was going to put a 4x or 1-4x but a friend suggested a 3-9x and I'm glad he did. That being said I will probably get an Aimpoint in the future (scope is on a quick mount) for closer in and faster shooting, which I don't do a lot of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Krash
07-15-2015, 06:12 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. I'll deffinatly check out the Aim point. I'm not to concerned about the price, after all, the gun cost me a small fortune so I can't exactly cheap out on the optics ;p. Lol!!!

RobertMcC
07-15-2015, 06:27 PM
I haven't shot my fathers yet. But I always was a fan of variable low power scopes. Hes running a Leupold. I think I hooked him on them because you got 1-1.5X so its like a reddot but you got 4x or if you want to reach out, You not limited on just a 1X DOT that may cover the target at 100. And you don't need run a piggy back system.

lone-wolf
07-15-2015, 06:55 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. I'll deffinatly check out the Aim point. I'm not to concerned about the price, after all, the gun cost me a small fortune so I can't exactly cheap out on the optics ;p. Lol!!!

What's your plan for it? What ranges will you be shooting at? Hunting? Competition?
Answer to these will narrow down some choices.

Strewth
07-15-2015, 09:59 PM
What's your plan for it? What ranges will you be shooting at? Hunting? Competition?
Answer to these will narrow down some choices.

This?
For a shot in the dark answer on a Tavor, I'd say 4x is nice, maybe a red dot and magnifier, or a 1-4 scope? If you were closer, I've got both on QD mounts to try out...if possible, try before you buy.

Krash
08-08-2015, 07:39 AM
I kinda want something to shoot paper at my club which is an indoor 50y range and I do often. But also what something for when I do manage to get up north in the pits and shoot at 150+ yards. Just want a happy medium..:).

Krash
08-08-2015, 07:44 AM
I've done a lot of homework and keep coming back to the Vortex Spitfire...:). Burris also has a nice unit.

SteelCap
08-09-2015, 05:21 PM
Im was about say Vortex Sparc but the Spitfire is better. You also get the no hassle warranty with Vortex.

88 louie
08-10-2015, 01:14 AM
I've done a lot of homework and keep coming back to the Vortex Spitfire...:). Burris also has a nice unit.

Funny you say that, all week I've been reading every thread on the site regarding optics. In-between checking out "whats new" on the site & what the GOC dealers have to offer & all the reviews on the web & Utube by other shooters, now my head is spinning ! So much to choose from ! I started out with the Iron sights, 6 months later added a Meprolite M21 w/QD, 6 months later added a 3x magnifier w/QD & used those for 2 years. They work great together, but, I need something better for coyotes at longer ranges or 3gun I think at the moment(I have to check out the guys at CHAS soon & see what they use). I'm leaning toward the Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50. I thought about an ACOG, but for the money, the Viper would give me more distance. I've moved the M21 onto the 45*rail which makes it fine for close range shooting now that I have the geissele trigger pack(cut my groups in half) & it makes the gun more fun. Burris you say ? Eliminator 3 is one of my options, though I am unsure. Possibly a Leupold. Maybe a Flir R series. Different situations = different optics. So many choices, What to buy ?
Whatever makes you happy, that's my philosophy.
Back to my homework,lol. Good luck in your search and decision.