PDA

View Full Version : Do your friends that own just hunting rifles look at you lke you are weird?

Nelson84
07-15-2015, 03:43 PM
I own only milsurps and russian stuff they look at me like I am weird, until they tried shooting them now they think the hunting rifles are boring and gay.:shoot:

jwirecom109
07-15-2015, 03:46 PM
most of my friends have a mix of everything.

Steveo9mm
07-15-2015, 03:59 PM
nope. cause they have the odd sks and swiss arms too.

kennymo
07-15-2015, 04:10 PM
Just tell them it's a 'tree oh tree'....knowing their language is key. 'Tree oh tree' describes any full stock rifle to a true Fudd.

(Using Fudd in a humorous sense here, the Serious Police need not comment :p)

oilman28
07-15-2015, 04:13 PM
I would say about half do. The other half own everything from milsurps, Sks's, handguns and AR's/ other black rifles. I really like going to visit the family down in America though, then I get to shoot everything from suppressed AR's, AK's, FN's, PTR 91's, short barreled handguns, and various NFA weapons like SMG's.

Foxer
07-15-2015, 05:53 PM
No, they all pretty much don't care what guns YOU own. Although some of them would probably raise an eyebrow at those who own very high end ar's and such simply because they woudln't "get" spending that much on a rifle that you can't even take into the woods.

RobertMcC
07-15-2015, 06:35 PM
nope I don't keep friends that dislike my taste..

I stopped talking to some after they threaten people with firearms over simple BS. Or got tired of being asked the same questions over and over.

Firearm friends share the same taste... Even my police friends.

lone-wolf
07-15-2015, 06:58 PM
The only people who were curious about my firearm choices, my parents, don't bother asking anymore.
And when I go hunting with my family, who use pretty traditional hunting rifles, my browning xbolt fits right in.

Any friends of mine who care, just want to go shooting.

Swampdonkey
07-15-2015, 07:43 PM
I know a few hardware purists who only own high-end traditional hunting guns. I can't believe they take them out in the rain.

It extends choices of vehicles, clothing, beverages, and residences.

My father-in-law and I are quite the contrast, very different, but in all the same ways.

FALover
07-15-2015, 08:00 PM
Most everyone that knows me thinks I am 'weird' and it rarely is in regard to my choice of firearms.

Nelson84
07-15-2015, 09:22 PM
Most everyone that knows me thinks I am 'weird' and it rarely is in regard to my choice of firearms.

What do they think is weird, that you think asain chicks are hot, me too!

Strewth
07-15-2015, 09:30 PM
Hmmmm, no the friends I have with just hunting rifles think my guns are cool, but they have other interests, which I in turn am cool with.
If they didn't have a live 'n let live attitude, they wouldn't be my friends?

Kenwp
07-16-2015, 07:07 AM
I only own a SKS and a full wood P17 but even my wife thinks I am weird. My last bring home just told her it was a antique and she said okay.

wolver
07-17-2015, 01:39 PM
I don't have any "live" friends. I find them overrated. I do my male bonding via the internet. Who knows, one of you here on GOC could be my BF.
But to answer the question, yes, they would likely find me weird, if they saw my stash. But I don't think I'll ever know someone well enough, to show 'em what I got.

Nelson84
07-17-2015, 02:15 PM
I don't have any "live" friends. I find them overrated. I do my male bonding via the internet. Who knows, one of you here on GOC could be my BF.
But to answer the question, yes, they would likely find me weird, if they saw my stash. But I don't think I'll ever know someone well enough, to show 'em what I got.

Hi buddy!

wolver
07-17-2015, 02:50 PM
Hi buddy!

Hey, a western buddy. Cool!

FlyingHigh
07-17-2015, 03:19 PM
Nope. It's the milsurp friends who look at me weird. I don't like milsurp guns. Never have. I've never owned any of the "classic" cheap milsurps like a SKS or Mosin. I do own an Enfield but it might see 40 rounds a year, tops. Those are usually fired by some one new to shooting I have with me who isn't quite ready for the hard smack of my 7mm Rem Mag. All it is is a backup hunting and loaner rifle.