PDA

View Full Version : Practice tests for challenging RPAL and PAL

Haywire1
06-13-2012, 11:26 AM
here's a link to a site with several practice quizzes for both the PAL and the RPAL tests. questions are random, seldom repeat, and are actually pretty good practice. You do have to join, however the is no cost to do so, the link takes you to the login page. Just click the new account link and have at it. And to all you new shootists (to use an old school term), welcome to the the most rewarding, costly, enjoyable frustrating hobby you'll ever have.

http://firearms-safety-course.com/moodle/login/index.php

lone-wolf
06-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Remember ACTS & PROVE and anyone shouldn't have an issue passing.

Haywire1
06-13-2012, 12:04 PM
That is true, I just find some people are more comfortable practicing. It helped my wife. As far as ACTS and PROVE, I had to study that part, I was raised to do both, just had to remember the acronyms.

94sahara
06-13-2012, 12:27 PM
I used these to study, as someone relatively new to gun's it's a great site, do em till you get %100 on all the tests and you'll get %100 on your exams.

jwirecom109
06-13-2012, 01:51 PM
I skipped on studying for both my exam for my PAL/RPAL and my instructors exam.
I also tried the online tests and their junk.
Best solution is to sit down with the book and read, and always remember actS and prove, they are the most important part of the exam

Haywire1
06-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Me as well, well, I skipped the books too. just read to remember what ACTS and PROVE stood for, then went and did them. If your not familiar with the rifle/handgun shown to you for the practical, ASK where the safety is, and how to operate it properly, then proceed with your test. A friend of mine had never seen a 1911 before, and was used to single action revolvers. He told the instructor that, was shown how to operate it, then proceeded with his RPAL test.

lone-wolf
06-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Yea, after the PAL course, I didn't bother getting the book for the RPAL course.
Here, it's cheaper for the course then it is to challenge the test iirc.

hillbillyr
06-13-2012, 07:09 PM
Non restricted Booklet (http://www.heafs.com/index_htm_files/CFSCmanual_E_non-restricted_2008_Greyscale%20Version.pdf)

Restricted Booklet (http://www.heafs.com/index_htm_files/CRFSCmanual_E_restricted_2008_Greyscale%20Version. pdf)

bccanadian
06-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Here is another site for practice exams. They have free practice exams or if you want to "ace" the PAL and RPAL exams, you can purchase access to a wider variety of exam questions.

Go to www.gunexams.com click on "practice exams" and then click on "trial exams" for the restricted and/or non-restricted free exams.

Neil Burke
06-17-2012, 06:25 PM
I skipped on studying for both my exam for my PAL/RPAL and my instructors exam.
I also tried the online tests and their junk.
Best solution is to sit down with the book and read, and always remember actS and prove, they are the most important part of the exam

Agreed. If you have any common sense, the only thing you actively have to try to remember is acts and prove. I got told during my exams to stop laughing at the questions.

blacksmithden
06-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Hey...would you guys mind posting the links to the practice exams and books in the sticky thread at the top of the legal section ? I'm sure that they will be well used in the future and should be kept around.

http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/showthread.php?2433-Links-for-all-your-CFC-CFP-questions-and-legal-documents

Thanks.

Haywire1
06-17-2012, 09:39 PM
I'll do that right now Black

Haywire1
06-17-2012, 09:47 PM
all links are now in the sticky. go ahead and delete this one if ya want Blacksmith

DougPeach
10-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Almost everyone in my study group swept someone without penalty. At the end of the test you were asked how you would store a firearm on your way to the range and every single person turned the gun sideways pointing at the person on their left to place the firearm in the case..... I rotated the case so I was still pointing the firearm "down range", no comment from instructor.

I would say if you know your acts and prove, are familiar with firearm actions and watch your trigger control and muzzle direction (yes I know part of acts and prove but separate for practical handling) then you will actually get 100% guaranteed.

lone-wolf
10-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Back when they actually had to shoot to pass the test, my father said one guy was sweeping people with the firearm loaded.

Yea... he was sent home.

DougPeach
10-08-2012, 09:22 PM
We should go back to that. Seriously.
And the downloads for the safety books are going to be awesome because I have gotten my entire group of friends into shooting. It's funny because they are all hmming and hahing about the course fee's and book price.... Just wait til they want to buy a gun... And feed it lol