PDA

View Full Version : quad load

superbad
07-24-2015, 01:54 AM
was practicing doubles and decided to try quad loads, heres a vid of how far i got in a couple minutes :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o2nyWP17FM

Foxer
07-24-2015, 10:32 AM
was practicing doubles and decided to try quad loads, heres a vid of how far i got in a couple minutes :)

Thats very impressive. Most people take a lot longer to master that. I usually wind up with at least one shell up my left nostril when it slips :)

superbad
07-24-2015, 11:03 AM
Thanks, the only draw back is i have to buy new carriers yet again. ive gone from practicing weakhand load 3s, to strong hand deuces, and now quad loads in 2 months lol

Strewth
07-24-2015, 06:13 PM
Well done!
Personally I struggle with grabbing them properly in the first place; I highly suggest borrowing a belt setup to try out. Doubles I can do on the clock no problem, I definitely need more practice before trying quads at a match. It sure is slick when it works though!

coastal
07-24-2015, 06:24 PM
Ya that's pretty sweet! nice work.

superbad
07-24-2015, 07:40 PM
Well done!
Personally I struggle with grabbing them properly in the first place; I highly suggest borrowing a belt setup to try out. Doubles I can do on the clock no problem, I definitely need more practice before trying quads at a match. It sure is slick when it works though!

i just tried grabbing them while horizontal from my buddies ap quad 8 today, and its a nice set up i might get one. Its got alot of room to get my mits in there and grab them. i have a taccom load 6 for deuces that i was practicing on my belt just before trying the quad, i tried to put 4 in my hands last year and thought i would never be able to, but i decided to just ram them in there lol. My thumb is sore today after doing about 100 of them, i actually got faster :) once i get my own load 4 carriers ill try practicing with them on the move, forwards, backwards, and side to side.

telecaster
07-25-2015, 12:46 AM

Impressive!

blacksmithden
07-25-2015, 02:31 AM
Thats very impressive. Most people take a lot longer to master that. I usually wind up with at least one shell up my left nostril when it slips :)

You forgot to mention the part where you're bleeding. :)

Foxer
07-25-2015, 03:12 AM
You forgot to mention the part where you're bleeding. :)

Hey - i invested a pretty reasonable amount of money on scotch to specifically forget that part! (gotta back that follower spring off a little on the weatherby - thing shoot's 'em back like an RPG if you slip...)

Kenwp
07-25-2015, 02:12 PM
I give up what are you actually trying to do. I am thinking your trying to load 4 shells at a time. When a shotgun hold 3 at most beats me .

Foxer
07-25-2015, 02:30 PM
I give up what are you actually trying to do. I am thinking your trying to load 4 shells at a time. When a shotgun hold 3 at most beats me .

Wut?

virtually all pumps are capable of a minimum of 4 (except for super shortys) some are plugged for hunting but it's 2 seconds to pop the plug out.

did you think that all shotguns are plugged permanently? :)

superbad
07-25-2015, 05:32 PM
http://ctcsupplies.ca/collections/ap-custom-usa/products/ap-industries-quad-load-8-round

ordered one of these today, looks like quality.

Strewth
07-25-2015, 06:55 PM
http://ctcsupplies.ca/collections/ap-custom-usa/products/ap-industries-quad-load-8-round

ordered one of these today, looks like quality.

I love my AP Custom, holds the shells even when I scramble around in 3gun, but I will say that the screws started to rust after shooting in the rain. I assumed a fancy black coating on them for the price. G96 seems to have cured that, but just an FYI.

superbad
07-25-2015, 10:44 PM
kool, looks dont bother me too much. i rather look like crap and shoot good then look good and shoot like crap. However looking good and shooting good would be nice.

Kenwp
07-26-2015, 06:46 AM
Wut?

virtually all pumps are capable of a minimum of 4 (except for super shortys) some are plugged for hunting but it's 2 seconds to pop the plug out.

did you think that all shotguns are plugged permanently? :)

What would you hunt with it once you took the plug out is my question. I have several pumps and by law they have to be plugged for 3 shots to hunt with except for one which is made to hold only 2 shots in the mag and one in the chamber. I would hate to be caught with a unplugged shotgun.

awndray
07-26-2015, 07:00 AM
Who said anything about hunting?

willysman
07-26-2015, 07:01 AM
As long as you are not hunting the 3-round max does not matter as that is a conservation law not a firearms law. Manual shotguns (pumps) can hold as many as you like and semi-autos are limited to 5 of the largest shell the gun is made to hold. So if it is a 3 1/5" semi you can have it fit 7 X 2 3/4" shells and 6 X 2 3/4" in a 3" gun as long as you cannot fit the 6th 3.5 or 3".

Foxer
07-26-2015, 10:22 AM
What would you hunt with it once you took the plug out is my question. I have several pumps and by law they have to be plugged for 3 shots to hunt with except for one which is made to hold only 2 shots in the mag and one in the chamber. I would hate to be caught with a unplugged shotgun.

You woulnd't hunt with it. you'd use it for fun and 3-gun matches and the zombie apocalypse. And no - they absoutely DO NOT have to be plugged by law. The only time they have to be plugged is if you're hunting, and not ALL hunting - you can hunt with an unplugged shotgun in BC if you're using slugs for big game for example.

superbad
07-26-2015, 04:15 PM
id like to add that on many semi auto, you can also carrier load or ghost load for a total of 7 plus 1 plus 1 in a 3.5 inch receiver like my versamax , thats 9 shots of 2 3/4 hehehehehhehehehe
:)

Foxer
07-26-2015, 04:24 PM
id like to add that on many semi auto, you can also carrier load or ghost load for a total of 7 plus 1 plus 1 in a 3.5 inch receiver like my versamax , thats 9 shots of 2 3/4 hehehehehhehehehe
:)

LOL - yes, yes you can. And in your case, it's probably cheaper than regular therapy :) :)

Tho it also does show how pointless 'mag cap' laws are.

superbad
07-26-2015, 04:31 PM
if you used 000 buck 2 3/4 shells, thats 8 .38 caliber balls per shell times 9 is 63 .38 caliber projectiles coming out in a couple seconds for the zombies and such :)

coastal
07-26-2015, 07:00 PM

My shotgun holds 11 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber. Party on!