PDA

View Full Version : Met Stephen Harper today, sorta :-/

TheHydrant
07-26-2015, 09:49 AM
So I am doing some shore fishing this morning along the banks of the Ottawa River. There is a walking/bike path maybe 15 ft above me. I'm changing my lure out and I see two gentlemen walk by wearing button down shirts and matching vests. I thought, they look important because who would dress like that on such a warm muggy morning. A moment or two passed and I could hear numerous voices and feet walking down the path. I look up to see the PM, his wife, and security detail some 15 or 20ft away. I called out to him with a friendly good morning and he waved and smiled. His wife asked if I was catching anything. ( I was not)
I asked if I could get a photo but they wouldn't stop so I wished them all a nice day and continued fishing. My gf later pointed out that they weren't going to stop for a guy wearing a knife around his neck and another larger knive on his hip.

oops.

Foxer
07-26-2015, 12:19 PM
ha :)

blacksmithden
07-26-2015, 01:28 PM
So I am doing some shore fishing this morning along the banks of the Ottawa River. There is a walking/bike path maybe 15 ft above me. I'm changing my lure out and I see two gentlemen walk by wearing button down shirts and matching vests. I thought, they look important because who would dress like that on such a warm muggy morning. A moment or two passed and I could hear numerous voices and feet walking down the path. I look up to see the PM, his wife, and security detail some 15 or 20ft away. I called out to him with a friendly good morning and he waved and smiled. His wife asked if I was catching anything. ( I was not)
I asked if I could get a photo but they wouldn't stop so I wished them all a nice day and continued fishing. My gf later pointed out that they weren't going to stop for a guy wearing a knife around his neck and another larger knive on his hip.

oops.

It wasn't just the knife bro. I've heard you've got the whole sketchy random assassin fisherman look about you. Been having a lot of trouble with those lately. I'm surprised you didn't get tazed. ;)

Foxer
07-26-2015, 01:46 PM
It wasn't just the knife bro. I've heard you've got the whole sketchy random assassin fisherman look about you. Been having a lot of trouble with those lately. I'm surprised you didn't get tazed. ;)

I'da tazed him, totally. Mind you, i would even if harper wasn't around so....

TheHydrant
07-26-2015, 02:13 PM
I'da tazed him, totally. Mind you, i would even if harper wasn't around so....

know what hurts even more than getting tazed?.....your words. :tounge:

Foxer
07-26-2015, 04:22 PM
know what hurts even more than getting tazed?.....your words. :tounge:

It's true. Tazer burns heal in weeks, but i can leave emotional scarring for life :)

Edenchef
07-26-2015, 05:04 PM

Pot calling the kettle.....what? I don't really think the EFD rescue boat crew, that swamped you were actually real firemen........... Just saying.

Rory McCanuck
07-26-2015, 07:18 PM
^^^Just about made me snort my beer! ;D