PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Election Debate Section

jwirecom109
08-05-2015, 07:38 AM
Temporary section for Election debate.

Open section, and not restricted to just news

Foxer
08-05-2015, 08:19 AM
Excellent :) I'll look forward to posting a few 'foxer's forecasts' as we move further along the election

harbl_the_cat
08-06-2015, 06:49 PM
Macleans:

Harper and Mulcaor are doing a good job staying composed and not getting derailed.

May, Mulcair, and Trudeau sound like a bunch of disrespectful idiots.

May sounds like an obnoxious nagging hag.

Trudeau doesn't sound very composed.

soulchaser
08-06-2015, 06:54 PM
May sounds like an obnoxious nagging hag.

She is.

That's why she hasn't been invited to a debate since 2008

RangeBob
08-06-2015, 07:03 PM
Macleans:

I've only watched the first fifteen minutes so far:
- May seemed the best debater, and the least prime ministerial.
- Harper seems to know his figures.
- Trudeau reminded me of a high school debater -- not even an ivy league debater. Amateur body language attempts.
- Mulcair's smile was good.

NDP
- $15 per day day care
- $15 per hour minimum wage
- Green energy, wants to spend $1 trillion dollars over 10 years.

TJSpeller
08-06-2015, 07:10 PM
I think May is doing well.
Too bad I don't agree with anything she stands for.
Justin looks like a child.

Rory McCanuck
08-06-2015, 07:12 PM
3 on 1 dogpile, and Steve is being graceful about it.

Billythreefeathers
08-06-2015, 07:16 PM
3 on 1 dogpile, and Steve is being graceful about it.

yep,,, like WWE,, and he's pinning them,, Haaaa,

Pizzed
08-06-2015, 07:21 PM
The one thing very clear with Mulcair is that he is going to do......................everything.

harbl_the_cat
08-06-2015, 07:28 PM
Oh boy - foreign policy.

Magi
08-06-2015, 07:48 PM
FactsCan liveblogging:

http://factscan.ca/macleansleaders/

Marc

Dushan
08-06-2015, 07:50 PM
Tom wants to increase foreign aid, yeah, more spending, more taxes.

Stephen
08-24-2015, 06:27 PM
Foxer, will the conservatives promise to cut more red tape for us gun owners this campaign or will we have to work with them after the election?

I am sure they have something up their sleeve.

Foxer
08-24-2015, 07:28 PM
Foxer, will the conservatives promise to cut more red tape for us gun owners this campaign or will we have to work with them after the election?

I am sure they have something up their sleeve.

Probably not much in the campaign. The reason for that will be relatively simple - they won't know what to promise. Sure, there are some things that seem obvious to us but it can't be stressed enough that it's NOT simple to people who aren't thinking about it all the time and who aren't part of the community. Sure they'll hear things like some gun owners would like to see an end to mag caps - but how many? Do they really care? Is it worth the fight to give it to them? With the gun registry we were extremely clear.

And lets face it - we didn't exactly rock their world with our response to c-42. THe NFA (and some here) not only didn't show appreciation, but suggested it as a reason we should actually stop supporting the CPC. Sure some guys sent in donations and such but the negative stuff was pretty thick too, and I don't think they'll want to be risking any of that kind of crap during the election.

THIS is the time we need good solid orgs doing good work, in the year leading up to an election. But unfortunately the NFA went bonkers with that 'no compromise' crap and created hostility with the gov't and then went on to blow up, and the CSSA just doesn't do all that much. So we kind of missed that opportunity. We might get a mention somewhere along the way but seeing as they just passed c-42 and passed the gun registry stuff earlier in the term and probably don't know WHAT to promise now, i think this is going to be the first election in a while where gun control isn't a leading topic.

We'll just have to get our acts together and work with them after the election and try to show we can be valuable for the next election, and learn to be very specific and vocal about what we want and keep it SIMPLE. You peel the onion one layer at a time.

Gaidheal
08-24-2015, 07:43 PM
They are also going to be VERY leary of creating any wedge-issues they can't win. They are in the business of creating wedge-issues as traps for the other guys to bite right now

No way they will risk having the bulk of voters turn against them with something so potentially hot-potato-ish at this time.

Imagine they offer to do something - *anything* - pro-gun tomorrow: Let's pick magazine capacity. They hit the news, gun owners are interviewed and even manage to pull off a convincing "hey, high-capacity magazines aren't the issue" soundbyte and two or three days later some f#ckwad shoots up a shopping mall or sunny, sandy beach with a 22 rifle and some 100-round magazines.

We'd be lucky if the CPC came in 3rd ahead of the Green Party and were able to keep PICTURES of guns moving forward from that point.

they can't risk that.

We can't risk that.

Vote the CPC in, THEN make clear, easily-undertood requests/demands and back them up with reward donations.

Smiles all around from then on.

Stephen
09-04-2015, 10:33 PM
They just announced today that they are still looking out for us.

awndray
09-11-2015, 09:48 AM
Driving through the streets of Canada right now, signs of the upcoming federal election on Oct. 19 are literally everywhere, from front yards to storefronts. But you might not expect to see political messages from the air as well.

In a photo taken by aerial photographer Geoff Grenville, of Oakville, Ont., and shared by Postmedia editor and freelance pilot Craig Daniels on Saturday, they showed that some people are willing to go big very big with their political beliefs:
http://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AAebmTM.img

The field, which is just west of Brantford, Ont. is owned by farmer John Langs, who told the Brantford Expositor he hoped plenty of people would see it while flying over the town.

"He's the worst prime minister we've ever had," said Langs, who is a retired civil servant, of Stephen Harper.

The "Anything But Conservative" coalition has been a vocal force during this election campaign, showing up at Harper's stops and protesting the current government. Bloc Quebecois leader Gilles Duceppe also said on Monday he'd be open to a coalition government with anyone but Harper.

According to Langs, the field took 40 minutes to create.
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/federalelection2015/one-ontario-field-has-a-big-message-for-canadian-voters/ar-AAe4v2I?li=AAadgLE

Foxer
09-11-2015, 10:08 AM
who is a retired civil servant,Well there you go.

Pizzed
09-11-2015, 12:40 PM
"He's the worst prime minister we've ever had," said Langs, who is a retired civil servant, of Stephen Harper. Nothing like letting someone toss a grenade and not have to back it up with facts.

Billythreefeathers
09-11-2015, 12:53 PM
Nothing like letting someone toss a grenade and not have to back it up with facts.

Facts only get in the way of lies

Doug_M
09-11-2015, 03:43 PM
Facts only get in the way of lies

Yeah, especially when everyone knows the worst PM we've ever had was Trudeau Sr.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FALover
09-11-2015, 04:02 PM
Retired civil servant? I understand retired but he is not civil and probably never served anyone. Harper hating idiot that has too much time on his hands. Nice 'farm', I bet he uses every taxable deduction he can to avoid paying his share of taxes. Maybe this is the type of small business that shiny pony wants to shut down? Not if they support the liberals.

RangeBob
09-11-2015, 04:03 PM
http://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AAebmTM.img

That's really well done.
Correct spelling.
No swearing.
Size of letters is appropriate and even (didn't shrink as they ran out of field, planned ahead).
Straight lines are relatively straight. Curved lines are pretty good too.
Could have used a space between 'But' and 'Harper'.

(Hospital Image from movie Idiocracy (http://thedroidyourelookingfor.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/2976733183_5cccf5b8ee.jpg?w=500))

I wonder if they've done this before, and if so what the previous messages were.

I wonder if we'll get a contrary sign next week in a field somewhere where there was a prairie wheat board.
"We Love Harper"

Gaidheal
09-11-2015, 07:41 PM
Looks like it was done in the paint program that comes with windows

blacksmithden
09-11-2015, 07:53 PM

That's pretty much what I was thinking.

lone-wolf
09-11-2015, 09:27 PM
Idea... make an 2015 election joke thread.

RangeBob
09-11-2015, 09:42 PM

Look closely. I can see the two wheel tractor lines where they turned around the letters.

Gaidheal
09-12-2015, 04:46 AM
Look closely. I can see the two wheel tractor lines where they turned around the letters.

Between my almost-50 eyes and the fact I surf on a 2009-vintage netbook I'm doing well to see the barn. Or is that a house?

kennymo
09-16-2015, 06:55 PM
Hmmmm. I see the NDP have knocked off the 'nice hair' ad against Harper....

blacksmithden
09-16-2015, 07:12 PM
Hmmmm. I see the NDP have knocked off the 'nice hair' ad against Harper....

They probably ran out of other people's money to spend on airing it.

superbad
10-14-2015, 02:38 PM
First the conservatives make weed growing mandatory time in jail, then they give the ex growers gun licenses, now the liberals will make transporting those guns from your home harder but pot will be legalized. So basically armed pot growers to stimulate the economy in Alberta. But the rcmp get 100 million per province as a consolation prize.