Isn't it on CPAC too?

Doug_M
08-06-2015, 04:26 PM
Isn't it on CPAC too?

CPAC, Omni 1 and 2 and CityTV.

Camo tung
08-06-2015, 04:34 PM
Anybody know if it is being streamed?

The only streaming will be the pee down the legs of JT's handlers in fear of what he might say if asked a direct question.

bettercallsaul
08-06-2015, 04:40 PM
To be perfectly honest, I don't think I have the stomach to watch the Canadian debate. I know all of their positions, I won't learn anything new. All that will happen is I'll get riled up at the stupid things they all say.

I'd much rather watch either the Jays game or perhaps have a few laughs at the GOP primary debate & get the Canadian debate highlights from my Twitter feed.

Also, I don't think anyone wins these political debates. You simply don't lose. There is usually one loser. I wonder who it will be? ;)

Gaidheal
08-06-2015, 04:46 PM
If JT stomps off the stage again *I* win.

LOL

soulchaser
08-06-2015, 05:21 PM
Anybody know if it is being streamed?

Youtube, macleans.ca, 680news.com

Billythreefeathers
08-06-2015, 05:56 PM
we're live in 3, 2,,,,

Pizzed
08-06-2015, 06:00 PM
What will be interesting is that the candidates will be able to use clips from the debates for propaganda, they couldn't in the past. If someone screws up or has a killer quip, you can bet we'll see it later!

Rory McCanuck
08-06-2015, 06:22 PM
"You're looking very pretty tonight, M. Trudeau."
"Mr. Harper, have you stopped beating your wife yet???"

Gaidheal
08-06-2015, 06:45 PM
Mulcair has adopted a "talking to his grandchildren" type look on his face for the debate.

JT actually looks like he took the last 3 months to learn how to speak without looking like a marionette. I wonder if he can keep that up all night or if they will find the chink in his facade and exploit it?

OMG _ JT literally just now said to Mulcair "you can't say one thing in English and another in French:

I hope they pounce on him!

Gaidheal
08-06-2015, 06:47 PM
Harper called out JT on it and JT responded with something aboput you have attacked me mercilessly.

OMG I'm LOL

I think the chink has been found & the blunders about to start...

kennymo
08-06-2015, 06:52 PM
Mulcair has adopted a "talking to his grandchildren" type look on his face for the debate.

JT actually looks like he took the last 3 months to learn how to speak without looking like a marionette. I wonder if he can keep that up all night or if they will find the chink in his facade and exploit it?

OMG _ JT literally just now said to Mulcair "you can't say one thing in English and another in French:

I hope they pounce on him!

Well, Mulcair did just comment 'en francais' about stay at home moms.... But wasn't Trudeau skating around saying different things in Eastern Canada than he did in Quebec quite recently too?

Pizzed
08-06-2015, 06:52 PM
Noticed that JT has improved his excessive use of 'Ahhhhhhh's', they're much less frequent and shorter.

Billythreefeathers
08-06-2015, 06:53 PM
Noticed that JT has improved his 'Ahhhhhhh's', they're much less frequent and shorter.

ya he's got a dog training collar around his nuts,,, zzzzzzzzztt,,,

harbl_the_cat
08-06-2015, 06:53 PM
Elizabeth May is such a hag.

Billythreefeathers
08-06-2015, 06:54 PM
JT,, price on carbon,,,

Gaidheal
Noticed that JT has improved his excessive use of 'Ahhhhhhh's', they're much less frequent and shorter.

Indeed.

But there's another hour to go. ;)

Billythreefeathers
Elizabeth May is such a hag.

she's not as bad as the last time,, if she'd just STFU

Gaidheal
08-06-2015, 07:01 PM
I wish there was a firearms-related question. Maybe something that would make three of them wince visibly.

Gaidheal
08-06-2015, 07:03 PM
haha - JT is getting poked hard.

go angry tom go

Billythreefeathers
08-06-2015, 07:07 PM
ya anger tom and JT are beating each other up,,, go justin

Camo tung
08-06-2015, 07:08 PM
haha - JT is getting poked hard.

go angry tom go

Ha ha...no kidding. "What's your number Justin?" He's pushing his buttons hard and I'm hoping for a Turdo melt-down which would be hard to recover from in future debates. Go angry Tom go!

RangeBob
08-06-2015, 07:23 PM
@34 minutes in,
did Elizabeth May actually blame Harper for the weather ?

Gaidheal
08-06-2015, 07:23 PM
@34 minutes in,
did Elizabeth May actually blame Harper for the weather ?

Missed that - will have to watch it again tomorrow

RangeBob
08-06-2015, 07:45 PM
@54 minutes
a poll of Canadians

"Should there be a price on carbon pollution even if it raises gasoline and energy prices for consumers?"
Yes: 67%
No: 24%
Unsure: 9%

harbl_the_cat
08-06-2015, 07:48 PM
Harpers remark about calling jihadists what they are was really good.

RangeBob
08-06-2015, 07:50 PM
Trudeau in the first hour kept saying "No one believes you Mr. Harper"
When Harper was giving statistics and percentages and Trudeau never gave any specifics speaking in means nothing generalities.

@49 minutes
Trudeau denied saying different things in English and French, while accusing Mulcair of that.
Mulcair "You [Justin] did exactly the opposite in an interview with Radio Canada in Rimouski last fall. It's easy to find that quote on line." (and looked away from Justin, like a disappointed father)

lone-wolf
08-06-2015, 07:50 PM
"Should there be a price on carbon pollution even if it raises gasoline and energy prices for consumers?"

Wow... wow. Cause consumers paying more for energy makes pollution go away?

TheHydrant
08-06-2015, 07:51 PM
Thumbs up..pro Israel comments by Harper

TheHydrant
08-06-2015, 07:53 PM

in a way yes. People with money pollute more. Take away people's money, you take away their ability to pollute. That's what they really believe, they just won't say it that way

RangeBob
08-06-2015, 07:57 PM
@01:03 (hh:mm)
Trudeau: He [Muclair] quietly put forward a bill in the House Of Commons on
Mulciar: Yes, it's really SECRET when you put it in the House Of Commons

harbl_the_cat
08-06-2015, 07:59 PM
in a way yes. People with money pollute more. Take away people's money, you take away their ability to pollute. That's what they really believe, they just won't say it that way

Taxes redirect capital away innovation that increases efficiency and reduces pollution.

Man trudeaus closing remark was weak

RangeBob
08-06-2015, 08:01 PM
@01:06 (hh:mm)
Trudeau sounds like he's going to cry.

RangeBob
08-06-2015, 08:02 PM
@01:07
May: It's a hallmark of Canadians that we can disagree without being disagreeable
[comparing it to House Of Commons behavior as different]

Gaidheal
08-06-2015, 08:03 PM
JT - all emotion, no substance.

I'm a little surprised Harper didn't say something to JT like "you have some grandiose ideas - what experience do you have where you've done any of them?"

RangeBob
08-06-2015, 08:08 PM
@01:09
Mulcair: Harper's UnFair Elections Act
Justin: When the conservative party was pressed on examples of people fraudulently voting they weren't able to prove anything. Indeed some of his MPs mistakenly testified to things that they actually hadn't seen. We should encourage as many people as possible to vote. Seniors. Students
May: Homeless people -- much harder.
Harper: How can we identify voter fraud if we can't even identify who voter's are? This is a common sense reform supported by 90% of Canadians. We've made sure that there is some kind of ID that is applicable for every single category of Canadians.

soulchaser
08-06-2015, 08:12 PM
JT - all emotion, no substance.

I'm a little surprised Harper didn't say something to JT like "you have some grandiose ideas - what experience do you have where you've done any of them?"

They were probably looking at this debate as a pre-season game if you will.

Get to know your opponents debate style, strengths and weaknesses, what subjects got them flustered, what "tells" did they show that can be exploited at future debates.

Plus, we're only 6 days into the campaign. Keep your powder dry and save the big artillery for closer to voting day when more people are paying attention.

Pizzed
08-06-2015, 08:13 PM
I'd have to give this one to Mulcair. He did everything well. JT's closing remarks were a joke.

Foxer
08-06-2015, 08:14 PM
Well, that was actually interesting.

May. Have a glass of wine luv, yer done. Really not worth talking about. Wins most creepy smile award for her closing remarks.

On to real candidates:

Justin. He did sort of ok, but he really didn't come across well. He came across as young - not in the good way of 'youthful', but in the less good way of a kid who's just been allowed to sit at the adults table for the first time. He nearly hyperventalated at one point when he got worked up and that's not good. His points weren't terribly strong, and his closing was horrid. Expectations were so low that people might say he did ok, but honestly i think that while it may not jump out at them at first, in retrospect they'll feel he just didn't seem like a good prime minister, once again he seemed not ready. And what a horrible close. And doughead - don't mention your age when the guy before you that you're chasing pointed out that he's almost got that many years of EXPERIENCE.

Harper. He did decent. Of course he was going to be the butt of the attacks all night, that was a given, and that's a tough position. Just remaining standing at the end is a victory, and i feel he definitely did that. Where justin always tries to say 'canadians want', harper said "you know. You know the truth." And I think that he had more good moments where he really stood against the barrage than many expected. I don't think he 'won', but he firmly didn't lose and that's exactly what he should have wanted. He also had the best close. I wish hed' gone last.

Mulcair. He had some serious slip ups but I think hes' going to walk away from this one the winner by a nose. He looked far more experienced and prime ministerial than justin, he had better questions, he knew to look at harper when he asked the questions, he did put justin under his thumb and squish him a little with his 'what's your number' routine, justin came across as an angry kid when he replied, making mulcair look like the more reasoned statesman and justin just couldn't afford that. He had a good close, he tripped a little and got lost in his notes, went on a little too long about harper and not long enough about his party, but on the whole the close wasn't bad. He was obviously trained to smile a lot more and surprisingly that worked a little bit through the debate, he looked less 'angry tom' than he usually does.

So - final initial impressions watching it... Harper did well enough to be happy, Mulcair was probably the winner, justin is in trouble, and May can go back to her chardonnay.

TheHydrant
08-06-2015, 08:16 PM
LOL
ok according to City...they did a fb poll after the debate who should be the next PM.
May 12%
Harper 13%
Mulcair 49%
Trudeau 26%

Foxer
08-06-2015, 08:18 PM
I'm just going to add, while mulcair may have won by a nose, there were some things he said that are going to be serious red flags for people about spending and other issues. I think that a lot of center-center right voters are going to be just a little more motivated to get out on voting day.

Foxer
08-06-2015, 08:19 PM
LOL
ok according to City...they did a fb poll after the debate who should be the next PM.
May 12%
Harper 13%
Mulcair 49%
Trudeau 26%

Yeah their little facebook thing thru the debate was kind of a joke. I'd give that about the same credibility as using a magic 8 ball.

soulchaser
08-06-2015, 08:21 PM
LOL
May 12%
Harper 13%
Mulcair 49%
Trudeau 26%

A Facebook poll you say?

That's why there should never be online voting in Canada.

soulchaser
08-06-2015, 08:23 PM
Now get ready for all the parties press releases claiming victory.

RangeBob
08-06-2015, 08:23 PM
LOL
May 12%
Harper 13%
Mulcair 49%
Trudeau 26%

Those look a lot like the numbers that were shown at the beginning of the debate.
I'll go look.

@0:28 (hh:mm)
"Who do you think is the best choice for Prime Minister"
Stephen Harper: 16%
Justin Trudeau: 24%
Elizabeth May: 10%
Thomas Mulcair: 50%

RangeBob
08-06-2015, 08:24 PM
Now get ready for all the parties press releases claiming victory.

[untrue humor]
Warren Kinsella: Well, my guy lost.

soulchaser
08-06-2015, 08:29 PM
[untrue humor]
Warren Kinsella: Well, my guy lost.

Ha.

Well, with the way he's been hammering Team Trudeau lateley not sure who "his guy" would be.

May? ;)

wraco
08-06-2015, 08:30 PM
I believe Harper did very well, in fact, I'd give him the win. . With 3 1/2 against him through the whole debate, Harper kept his cool and stood his ground. . Harper, being the incumbent on the defense, should've had the last word. .

RangeBob
08-06-2015, 08:33 PM
@01:33
Harper looked tired. (talking about ISIL)

RangeBob
08-06-2015, 08:41 PM

by mass email from Cheryl Gallant tonight

Our nation is approaching a very dangerous juncture in its history.

Currently our federal government is steering a steady path through a fragile global economy. Wasteful spending is cut whenever it is found, with the savings benefits are enhanced for people in need, and tax dollars are being put back into your pocket.

All opposition parties want to reverse course, and impose staggering taxes. They will be disguised the way the carbon tax on electricity is listed on your bill as a "delivery" charge.

The tax grab won't end with power. The dippers, grits and of course the greens want fewer vehicles on the road. Fuel will go up, perhaps even double the way it did with hydro.

When the price of gas goes up, so does the price of EVERYTHING else.

CAN YOU AFFORD THAT KIND OF RECKLESS TAXATION?

RangeBob
08-06-2015, 08:44 PM
@01:41
Moderator: Mr. Harper, what do you make of Mr. Trudeau's responses?
Harper: I'll let Mr. Trudeau explain his own position. He's been for and against this legislation at the same time.

Harper: Security and Freedom go hand in hand. [C51 oversight not by parliamentarians. C51 oversight by experts and judges. Parliamentarians should have oversight on legislation, that is our role. To draft laws. To make laws.]
May: There's no oversight at all. Find Joseph Fogarty of MI5 - this C51 makes us less safe. It makes us less able to disrupt plots, while making us less safe. Canada is sitting on a tragedy waiting to happen.
Mulcair: The NDP will repeal C51.

soulchaser
08-06-2015, 08:46 PM
Kinsella:

"Mulcair won by keeping his cool. Lost with the condescenion and bragging.

Trudeau won by sounding like a grown up, lost by admitting LPC naive on foreign policy.

Harper won by sounding like a PM, lost by not going for the jugular when given the opportunity

May won by sounding well informed, lost by envoking Neville Chamberlin on ISIS

More to come tomorrow"

Mark-II
08-06-2015, 09:01 PM
More to come tomorrow"

Press conference with Justin's mom?

lone-wolf
08-06-2015, 09:01 PM
by mass email from Cheryl Gallant tonight

A gas tax hike is an attack on rural Canadians.

Mark-II
08-06-2015, 09:05 PM

But...but.. everyone can take the bus or ride a bicycle to work!

My commute is between 50 and 150km per day, depending. I'd have to leave Sunday morning to get there for Tuesday afternoon lol

Steveo9mm
08-06-2015, 09:06 PM
i tried watching, but theres no fast forward....

RangeBob
08-06-2015, 09:09 PM

Most food, and most products, are delivered by truck.
Do you know any people, urban or rural, who eat food or use products ?

lone-wolf
08-06-2015, 09:16 PM
Most food, and most products, are delivered by truck.
Do you know any people, urban or rural, who eat food or use products ?

Yea, but urban people don't have to drive an hour to get groceries

harbl_the_cat
08-06-2015, 09:21 PM
Those look a lot like the numbers that were shown at the beginning of the debate.
I'll go look.

@0:28 (hh:mm)
"Who do you think is the best choice for Prime Minister"
Stephen Harper: 16%
Justin Trudeau: 24%
Elizabeth May: 10%
Thomas Mulcair: 50%

They should do a poll of GOC

Foxer
08-06-2015, 10:21 PM
Yea, but urban people don't have to drive an hour to get groceries

Don't kid yourself. I live in an urban city and i put at least a thousand clicks on the truck every month just for work. And local groceries here are very heavily dependant on trucks for their food which have to be shipped to distribution points and then shipped thru the city, so while the customer doesn't have to drive as far their food does.

And all those busses and such still use fuel, which will cost the municipatlies in extra money and that will have to come from somewhere. Everyone will feel it.

RangeBob
08-06-2015, 10:21 PM
How are the candidates with: Kittens

http://riotwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Kitten-in-hand-Flickr-user-InternetBullet+Mulcair-angry-Flickr-user-bcndp_v02.jpg

VS

http://www.the-peak.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/harper_kitten.jpg

-- OC-3

lone-wolf
08-06-2015, 10:27 PM
Don't kid yourself. I live in an urban city and i put at least a thousand clicks on the truck every month just for work. And local groceries here are very heavily dependant on trucks for their food which have to be shipped to distribution points and then shipped thru the city, so while the customer doesn't have to drive as far their food does.

And all those busses and such still use fuel, which will cost the municipatlies in extra money and that will have to come from somewhere. Everyone will feel it.

Of course, but a thousand clicks can be put on in a week for me, just getting to work.

Foxer
08-06-2015, 10:34 PM
Of course, but a thousand clicks can be put on in a week for me, just getting to work.

Yeah, but that's not everyone in the rural areas, and we both know that. I have weeks where i do more driving or less, and i used to blow 600 bucks a month on fuel, and others still do. The point is it's not going to be just the rural people at all who get hit, it's going to be everyone everywhere. Even those who take the bus will be paying more for everything they buy.

It's not a 'rural' thing - its' an 'everybody' thing.

lone-wolf
08-06-2015, 10:40 PM
Yeah, but that's not everyone in the rural areas, and we both know that. I have weeks where i do more driving or less, and i used to blow 600 bucks a month on fuel, and others still do. The point is it's not going to be just the rural people at all who get hit, it's going to be everyone everywhere. Even those who take the bus will be paying more for everything they buy.

It's not a 'rural' thing - its' an 'everybody' thing.

It's an everybody thing, with rural people seeing the biggest hit. Which was my point.

Foxer
08-06-2015, 10:56 PM
It's an everybody thing, with rural people seeing the biggest hit. Which was my point.

Well they might in some places. I don't think it'll be that substantial, i don't think you realize how much fuel gets used in the city that doesn't need to be in the rural areas, but then again it might be different out your way. I only have experience in bc ab and man, and everywhere's different.

Bottom line is sure as crap nobody's going to benefit, and that won't be good for the economies in the cities OR in the country. We can't afford that kind of crap right now.

762shooter
08-06-2015, 11:21 PM
For what its worth, here is my summary of observations.

Harper clearly had more "presence" than all the others. He came across as the most credible and statesmanlike, but then, I'm a bit biased;-)

JT did much better than I expected. He didn't come across like a complete idiot (as I had been hoping) but he also didn't have much gravitas either. Overall he came across as a decent guy but kind of immature. I think "just not ready" might come to voters minds.

Lizzie May came off much better than I expected, not going off half cocked or anything (darn!). I even agreed with most of her comments about C-51.

Mulcaire did his job fairly well as far as what he said is concerned but I felt the phony, pasted on Dutch uncle smile he wore all the way thru was kind of disconcerting. From his visual presentation alone, I would not trust him.

Overall I think it was clear all of the wannabees would just love the chance to spend out money.

One point that came up several times was that Harper won't meet with the provincial leaders in a national conference, altho he does meet with the more reasonable ones in private meetings. What was unstated (by Harper) was why he doesn't convene premiers' meetings. Of course the reason is that they all gang up on the PM and demand gazillions of dollars to be spent by the feds in their constitutional areas of responsibility.

RangeBob
08-07-2015, 01:19 AM
https://postmediaottawacitizen2.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/justin-trudeau-stephen-harper-elizabeth-may-thomas-mulcair.jpg?quality=55&strip=all

RangeBob
08-07-2015, 01:21 AM
2015/08/06
Toronto, Ontario

There were no knockout punches, nor even many moments of high drama. All four participants, paradoxically enough, did themselves some good. But even so, on balance, it was Justin Trudeau’s night.

The Liberal leader came to the first debate of Campaign 2015, staged by Maclean’s and deftly moderated by the magazine’s political editor, Paul Wells, with a clear imperative: he needed to show he could match wits with Stephen Harper and Tom Mulcair and walk away from the encounter, while offering an approach to governing he thinks will appeal to more voters than the other plans on offer. He did that, time and time again. Just by virtue of the fact he acquitted himself honourably, following months of attack ads that billed him as a gaffe-prone bumbler, Trudeau won.

Mulcair, the opposition leader and the man with the most wind in his sails poll-wise, had a slightly different objective: he came to introduce himself to English Canadians, many of whom don’t yet know him well, as a prospective prime minister, a moderate New Democrat who will not set his hair or the house on fire if he’s given the keys to 24 Sussex Dr. He did that. Mulcair also clearly was trying to, once and for all, put to rest his reputation as having a hot temper. If anything, he seemed preternaturally calm. But he was, certainly, prime ministerial.

Conservative Leader Stephen Harper, seeking a rare fourth successive term as prime minister, came to demonstrate he still has the fire in his belly, and present himself as the only leader on offer with a track record of competent economic management, public-safety rigour and foreign policy clarity. He did that. Harper was consistently strong, and avoided getting rattled. But because his solid performance was expected, the effect beyond his base may be limited.

Green party Leader Elizabeth May came to display one of the few cards she holds in a polity dominated by much larger, better funded opponents – her personal charisma and likability – and parlay that into a bigger share of the popular vote and thus, greater influence. She did that in spades. May delivered an outstanding performance. She also wound up, time and time again, helping Trudeau, indirectly, by double-teaming Harper on answers, particularly with respect to the environment.

In short, they all did well, as did moderator Wells. But because of the curious reverse psychology of such encounters, Trudeau – who was the perceived underdog going in – consistently seemed to get the better of the one-on-one exchanges, particularly with respect to Senate reform and pipelines.

Earlier in the day, the various teams were hard at work preparing the ground and positioning their leaders for the social-media follow-through that has become critical to the political debate process. All three major parties, not surprisingly, were playing down their standard-bearer’s chances, attempting to lower expectations ahead of any possible miscue on their side.

The Tory war room paradoxically stressed Trudeau’s past experience as a public speaker, his long experience in the public eye, and the fact that he’d ostensibly been in debate training between five and seven hours a week since May (to minimize the impact of a debate win by him). Mulcair was presented – by a Conservative, mind you – as a veteran politician who has proven his rhetorical skill in the House of Commons. That later turned out to be prescient planning.

New Democrats on Thursday afternoon were playing down Mulcair’s vaunted ferocity, meantime, stressing the difference between TV debate and Commons debate, and suggested their side’s expectations were relatively modest; to present their man as an attractive and palatable prospect to be prime minister. Given that many voters in English Canada don’t yet know Mulcair, they stressed, this made more sense that reaching for a knockout blow so early in the campaign.

The Liberal back room, for its part, simply reiterated the core focus in all of Trudeau’s recent speeches, which is to say, look at our plan, look at their plans, compare and contrast. As I have written previously, the Liberals have in the space of four months gone from having very little detailed policy to having reams of policy, and a sanguine confidence that, if Canadians take the time to examine it and compare, they will come out ahead. The surprise Thursday was not the plan, but the strength of Trudeau’s presentation.

The great question mark, Harper and also Mulcair to an extent being known quantities, concerned whether Trudeau could pull this off, without putting his foot in his mouth. His team and supporters will have breathed a great sigh of relief at the closing bell. His team can now begin to parlay a comeback narrative, because their man, once again, came up smiling when many expected he’d hit the canvas and not get up.

hxxp://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/michael-den-tandt-justin-trudeau-ekes-out-win-in-leaders-debate-with-no-knockout-punches-little-high-drama

RangeBob
08-07-2015, 01:52 AM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/11202612_841004359321426_8230788093648783242_n.jpg ?oh=7eb1b3bdb52828d36c27ee46a3ad6bc9&oe=564AA45D

Gaidheal
08-07-2015, 03:20 AM
While I was impressed with JT's ability to talk like an adult for the 1st time I've seen he lost all other points from me when, in his closing, he brought up his father.

I watched it on a channel called CPAC which I've never encountered before. There was - of course - discussion afterward with call-ins.the 1st caller said that he was a Liberal voter that would be voting for Harper: JT was not a viable option and Mulcair was "scary" with all his spending and taxing ideas. He wasn't the only one that mentioned that about Mulcair in the few callers I heard before bed, but the fact he said he was a Liberal voting for Harper stood out.

I hope there

Doug_M
08-07-2015, 04:15 AM
@54 minutes
a poll of Canadians

Live FaceBook poll. I doubt all demographics who vote were hitting that poll. I know I didn't bother. But it does go to show that there are brainwashed people out there. Harper said it best, a "price on carbon" is simply a tax grab for governments that doesn't actually reduce carbon emissions. Hopefully that statement hit home with some voters.

soulchaser
08-07-2015, 06:23 AM
So, Michael Den Tandt thinks Trudeau won.

I'm shocked. SHOCKED I TELL YOU!!!!!!

soulchaser
08-07-2015, 06:25 AM
Live FaceBook poll. I doubt all demographics who vote were hitting that poll. I know I didn't bother. But it does go to show that there are brainwashed people out there. Harper said it best, a "price on carbon" is simply a tax grab for governments that doesn't actually reduce carbon emissions. Hopefully that statement hit home with some voters.

I would argue it was made up of the largest demographic that DON'T vote.

Doug_M
08-07-2015, 06:30 AM

lol...no doubt!

Billythreefeathers
08-07-2015, 06:34 AM

the most likely to not have an ID, or get their ass of the couch to vote

an election is not just the like button on your phone

(and Den is still an idiot)

Foxer
08-07-2015, 09:23 AM

Yes, yes he is.

Foxer
08-07-2015, 09:27 AM
Reading over the comments out there, although it's too soon to tell, we might have to say that in the end Harper won. It seems a lot of libs didn't like what they see, a lot of soft support didn't like this version of mulcair, and a lot of the center right voters found mulcair's ideas a little scary. Harper clearly didn't win the debate from a technical point - but he may have taken home the trophey nonetheless. It will take about a week for the full effect of the debates to filter to the public (it takes time, people rehash bits at the water cooler and read the articles and such) but I would not be shocked to see the cpc go up a notch or two amongst decided voters and the libs and dips a little closer together. That would give harper a little bit of momentum. That's not a bad thing, even this early on.

RangeBob
08-07-2015, 10:12 AM
In case anyone wants to relive it. ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSf2__qpeGA
hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSf2__qpeGA

kennymo
08-07-2015, 10:16 AM

Never start reading from the bottom of the page. For a second there I thought you were running the risk of becoming part of the ever growing 'battle trowel accident' statistics.....

RangeBob
08-07-2015, 10:27 AM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/WrongWay123/06bb16d6aecefd1ec746bb47ad42f777.jpg
-- Wrong Way

Edward Teach
08-07-2015, 02:41 PM
Best comment from elsewhere: Mulcair had on a smile like someone driving a van with "free candy" painted on the side.

kennymo
08-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Best comment from elsewhere: Mulcair had on a smile like someone driving a van with "free candy" painted on the side.

They were discussing this on the radio on the way home today. Apparently there's a rumour going round that Mulcair has a team of experts attempting to teach him to 'smile with his eyes'. Progress is not good....

Gaidheal
08-07-2015, 03:23 PM
They were discussing this on the radio on the way home today. Apparently there's a rumour going round that Mulcair has a team of experts attempting to teach him to 'smile with his eyes'. Progress is not good....

http://smithfieldaviation.ca/uploads/smile.jpg

soulchaser
08-07-2015, 04:19 PM

Great minds.

That is EXACTLY what I thought of with the "Smiling with his eyes"

Doug_M
08-07-2015, 04:48 PM

That's me, if you make me smile it is real and natural. But I can't pull off a smile on command, not without looking like Mulcair anyway.

cantom
08-07-2015, 07:10 PM

God, would I love to see a youtube vid of their efforts...that would be entertaining.

TheHydrant
08-07-2015, 07:52 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/WrongWay123/06bb16d6aecefd1ec746bb47ad42f777.jpg
-- Wrong Way

whoa.....looks a bit like Ron Jeremy there.

TheHydrant
08-07-2015, 08:33 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15S0g8pG6HU