PDA

View Full Version : New CDN Firearms Rights Org

Pages : 1 [2]

RangeBob
10-25-2015, 09:57 PM
Can you expand on this? What do you see as detrimental? What do you question Rod on? What part(s) is a bad idea?

I see the CCFR's 14 policies are a menu item on their website.
e.g. the first one is at
https://firearmrights.ca/en/15-1-licensing/

Foxer
10-25-2015, 10:00 PM
I see the CCFR's 14 policies are a menu item on their website.
e.g. the first one is at
https://firearmrights.ca/en/15-1-licensing/

That's not a 'bad idea'. That's a perfectly rational and realistic position. The chances of going to a NO licensing system is simply zero in today's world. Although i would definitely personally prefer the term 'lifetime certification', rather than 'licensing' - basically it's the same thing. And making it lifetime permanent would solve a lot of our problems.

It's reasonable, it's sellable, it's achievable. ANd the public can get behind it with the right education. Once we get there, if we want to take it FURTHER than that then great, but you're never going to get the public to go from 'current' to 'no license' in one step and trying to do so would be working against our best interests.

So... how does that represent a 'bad idea'?

RangeBob
10-25-2015, 10:05 PM
So... how does that represent a 'bad idea'?

You misunderstood me.
I'm not saying that one about licencing is bad, or indeed any of the others are a 'bad idea'. (although it wouldn't surprise me if there's one or two I disagreed with. Mandatory training as a precondition of PAL for example, we've argued about before. However, in the context of the CCFR's explaining the current laws to 35 million Canadians, I applaud the CCFR's Mandatory training policy)

I linked there in post 251 because earlier in this thread I had said that CCFR/Rod's positions were to be found in multiple threads here at GoC,
whereas in my post 251 a few minutes ago I linked to that CCFR/Rod's positions were to be found conveniently together on the CCFR's website.

I provided a link to the first one. From there anyone can press "Next Policy" to see the next, or from the top menu select "policies" to go to any of the 14 they have.

Foxer
10-25-2015, 10:52 PM
You misunderstood me.
I'm not saying that one about licencing is bad, or indeed any of the others are a 'bad idea'. (although it wouldn't surprise me if there's one or two I disagreed with. Mandatory training as a precondition of PAL for example, we've argued about before. However, in the context of the CCFR's explaining the current laws to 35 million Canadians, I applaud the CCFR's Mandatory training policy)

I linked there in post 251 because earlier in this thread I had said that CCFR/Rod's positions were to be found in multiple threads here at GoC,
whereas in my post 251 a few minutes ago I linked to that CCFR/Rod's positions were to be found conveniently together on the CCFR's website.

I provided a link to the first one. From there anyone can press "Next Policy" to see the next, or from the top menu select "policies" to go to any of the 14 they have.

Ahh - well then yes i did misunderstand :)

Doug_M
10-26-2015, 04:42 AM
Still waiting Leibermuster. And don't be afraid of a dog pile. I'm earnestly interested to know the specifics of your position. GOC is about discussion. Even if the "sides" of the discussion may end up very lopsided, I promise I will keep it civil, as will others.

Canada_Phil
11-15-2015, 11:56 AM
I'm pleased to see how this Org appears to be evolving as of Nov. 15th.

When this was first posted, I admit I was pretty dismayed to see that it sounded like Rod Giltaca woould be helping to prop up Bevins!??

I like the way this now appears to be evolving and that Rod has been named President.

For the most part, I can get behind the Policy Platform and now feel that this org can speak for me.

Keep up the Good Work!
😉

leibermuster
11-23-2015, 10:51 PM
Still waiting Leibermuster. And don't be afraid of a dog pile. I'm earnestly interested to know the specifics of your position. GOC is about discussion. Even if the "sides" of the discussion may end up very lopsided, I promise I will keep it civil, as will others.

It doesn't look good when he was trying to go for leadership of the NFA and then doesn't get his way, and then starts another org. Again I ask how many Orgs are out there in Canada Again?(no one answered me)
He is new to the game.
He started with an M4 Norc and thought 12500rds was impressive...lol.

Conclusion:
I don't want to rip the guy perhaps Rod thinks he will really make the difference but all he has done is help divide the oldest gun org out there that was started by Bill Jones and then succeeded by David A Tomlinson and Major R.A. Laycock back in the day. I see him doing the PR thing well, but when you have former colleagues suspecting you as a liberal plant already I have my concerns. And Yes they use these tactics, perhaps he is just more controlled oppositions.

Our Orgs blew it already so hopefully Justin Trudeau realizes without us he will have no value.... You can only sell the country down the line till there is nothing left and then they won't need you at the end. So breaking Pro firearm community up even more doesn't help.

Foxer
11-23-2015, 11:02 PM
Again I ask how many Orgs are out there in Canada Again?(no one answered me)Kinda depends on what you count. For example - the BC wildlife federation does a fair bit of pro gun work, but they're not REALLY a gun org - but they kinda sorta are :) Would we count them? Or how about the gun clubs? If we're just talking about larger national orgs then there's three - if you count the NFA which i've pretty much stopped doing. They're done. (i knew and talked to dave, he'd be heartbroken about what it became in the end).

So you kind of have to caveate the question to define the parameters. In my books, as far as a national org that engages the entire community in one way or another, there isn't any. None of them do that currently. If you're talking about orgs that focus on working with firearms clubs and doing a reasonable amount of pro gun lobbying but are focused on their membership, i'd say really there's just one. If you're talking about an org designed primarily around educating canadians and gun owners about firearms issues and casting us in a better light - i'd say that this new one is the first to try it. We'll see if they succeed. If they do, there'll be 1. Completely different mission than the CSSA for example.

I'll just amend that statement to note that Calibre magazine has stepped up and done some amazing work with reporters recently by all accounts and intends to expand that. IF successful it would be an insanely amazing coup for our side, but they're a magazine so i'm reluctant to add them to the 'org' list.

If you're question over all is "is there ROOM for a new org focused on public (and possibly gun owner) education, or are we duplicating efforts" then the answer is unequivocally YES - there is room for an org focused on that. It's actually an important gap that's currently not being filled and needs to be. Is this 'the one' to do that? Well - It's looking good in my opinion but it's a little too soon to say. But if we' dont' support needed orgs in their early stages, we're never going to get mature orgs that really know their stuff.

Doug_M
11-24-2015, 06:13 AM
It doesn't look good when he was trying to go for leadership of the NFA and then doesn't get his way, and then starts another org.

He didn't start CCFR, its beginnings were well underway before he was asked by the founders (he isn't one in the literal sense) to join and be their interim president. I didn't see any "doesn't get his way" behaviour either. He didn't run for NFA leadership, no one can, the org by-laws don't allow for that. He ran for the BC rep position which Claire happens to fill. If he had won he would not have been president simply because Claire was. Rod did not run a "negative" campaign against Claire either, rather he simply stated his vision. Rod was not a part of the "Rebel 5" that constitute one side of the debacle that destroyed the NFA. I think the "optics" of this are in your head and yours alone.

Again I ask how many Orgs are out there in Canada Again?(no one answered me)

That I'm aware of:
- NFA (dying a slow painful death)
- CSSA (growing painfully slowly)
- FIRE (concentrating on educating provincial parties, particularly the Wild Rose)
- CFI (don't know much about them but their web page is decent)
- CCFR (concentrating on winning over the general population)
- there is one more on the tip of my tongue, been around for quite some time

He is new to the game.
He started with an M4 Norc and thought 12500rds was impressive...lol.

So what. Claire is an old hand and has proven to be quite detrimental to the community.

Conclusion:
I don't want to rip the guy perhaps Rod thinks he will really make the difference but all he has done is help divide the oldest gun org out there that was started by Bill Jones and then succeeded by David A Tomlinson and Major R.A. Laycock back in the day. I see him doing the PR thing well, but when you have former colleagues suspecting you as a liberal plant already I have my concerns. And Yes they use these tactics, perhaps he is just more controlled oppositions.

Rod had sweet feck all to do with the NFA's downfall. That lies squarely on the shoulders of Claire and the "Rebel 5". As for this Liberal mole accusation, first I've heard of it but it sounds like a bad joke and sour grapes to me. No doubt you are a "no compromise" type.

Our Orgs blew it already so hopefully Justin Trudeau realizes without us he will have no value.... You can only sell the country down the line till there is nothing left and then they won't need you at the end. So breaking Pro firearm community up even more doesn't help.

JT doesn't give a $hit about us, nor does he perceive us as a threat as we were not united during the election. Hell, Claire even ran on JT's team (I'll spell it out to avoid the inevitable denial, running against the CPC is the exact same as running for the Libs). The only ones who would consider an org dedicated to public education of firearms laws/uses/statistics are the "no compromise" crowd that see anything and everything that also isn't "no compromise" as being an enemy to their goals. "no compromise" not only lost, they did damage to our cause. The community is moving on with other tactics and strategies.

leibermuster
11-24-2015, 07:42 AM
Well Doug

You better be right.

You didn't really understand some of my explanations but I can understand that when reading my reply.

But one point to make I clearly remember Rod making a video on his channel in regards to running for NFA leadership.

Will see where this USS GILTACA flagship takes us... Hopefully not into another black hole. He has 4 years to grow into something big if he doesn't accomplish this then it was a waste...

I do question Sheldon Claire sanity and ability to asses the situation so late in the game when jumping the ship so late before an election. He should have known what the CONS were doing and true intentions were. Starting his own independent campaign in a riding was just stupid when you look at the track record independents have in this country.

Doug_M
11-24-2015, 08:03 AM
But one point to make I clearly remember Rod making a video on his channel in regards to running for NFA leadership.

Yes, a leadership position as in the BC director. Leadership positions are the only type of position in the NFA that the membership votes for. But the directors (once elected) themselves are the ones who elect amongst themselves the president. So if Rod won the BC directorship instead of Claire it would not mean he automatically became the president. That would be up to the board of directors.

Will see where this USS GILTACA flagship takes us... Hopefully not into another black hole. He has 4 years to grow into something big if he doesn't accomplish this then it was a waste...

No one person can accomplish that. It will take a good many of us getting behind the CCFR for that to happen. But I think in terms of reaching the general population, exposing them to the facts and changing minds, Rod already has a proven track record. But don't mistake the CCFR for the NFA or CSSA. It isn't such an org and is not supposed to be a replacement for either. It has a completely different focus (the massive middle) which has never been tried before.

I do question Sheldon Claire sanity and ability to asses the situation so late in the game when jumping the ship so late before an election. He should have known what the CONS were doing and true intentions were. Starting his own independent campaign in a riding was just stupid when you look at the track record independents have in this country.

Me too. I think the saying "absolute power corrupts absolutely" applies to Claire and his actions the past couple years. The "CONS" intention was always to walk close to the centre. That is how they got elected to a majority in 2011 and why the cries of "hidden agenda" eventually fell by the wayside.

leibermuster
11-24-2015, 08:58 AM
I disagree on your Cons perspective completely. That is a perceived view portrayed by the media. Most people I know lost faith on the cons because they moved to the left which you call centre. At that rate you may as well fold. They lost there base and for years allowed many immigrants into the country on mass for example and didn't make meaningful changes that they could have easily done with a majority, this would have cut off the votes for other parties and got Canada moving forward. Not to mention keeping the CBC funded is deliberate political suicide and shows how fake the Cons really were. Reality is Cons were just fluff and collapsed like a crappy script villain already laid out in a blockbuster movie made for the dumb downed masses to consume.

I understand Claire's reasons for going independent, the scary part is you guys don't get it or are just have nefarious motives. The resurgence of the cons was based on grassroots movements that was co-opted to vere off course and it did.

Reason is a lot of people benifit from the firearms Act for there own financial/Political reasons that has nothing too do with personal freedoms but memberships for ranges and memberships for gun orgs.

Not to mention the Cons introduced this stuff originally for a tax hence under CPC leadership(Harper years)we had renewal fees of $80 ever 5 years for example.

The next terrorist shooting spree will be blamed on us and the new growing Muslim voting block will be expanded to keep the liberals and ndp in power to that crocodile eats them and possibly the whole country.

Hopefully Trudeau is just playing the act for the cameras and actually cares about his 3 kids future but then again they might just Keele over and that is the plan. What do they care as long as there dynasty is always ruling.

SIR VEYOR
11-24-2015, 09:24 AM
Well, I'm of the opinion that the ENTIRE NFA LEADERSHIP ON ALL SIDES is responsible for the destruction of said organization. I want very little to do with any of their efforts anywhere, anytime. Seemed to me like Rod was willing to try to salvage the name of the org, but the org itself can't see straight anymore and is misspending membership monies in internal courtfights. They have shown themselves to be unworthy of support inside the NFA or out.

Rod pursuing this without any NFA heads is a better thing than with. Additionally, some of the other startup "orgs" are folding their tents and moving into CCFR either completely or in close collaboration. And the NFA could have owned this, but they are a disgrace. I personally would like to sue them for defamation and\or just general asshattery both as an org and individually. The top of the NFA is an embarrassment to the fine people who put their trust and hard earned money towards it.

I asked something similar to your "how many orgs" question months ago and there are signs that some of the startups are being winnowed out and the needed amalgamation is occurring. More needs to happen, but we're seeing who wants to do good and who just wants the "look at me" factor.

Based on his previous work and this venture being closely aligned to that track, supporting Rod makes sense. It is likely that the new "baby brother" will do what's needed in areas where the others couldn't\can't.

Foxer
11-24-2015, 09:30 AM
I personally would like to sue them for defamation and\or just general asshattery

I SO wish "general asshattery" was an actual charge you could sue people for :) :) :)

Mark-II
11-24-2015, 09:33 AM
Far as I'm concerned Sheldon should have stepped aside before running for MP. Clear conflict of interest for a personality that is obviously bent towards megalomania.

I remember Rod running for the NFA, and I remember the NC crowd ripping him a big one because he didn't preach from their ultra orthodox bible.

If given the chance, he could have brought about some positive changes in the NFA image. Now that org is irrelevant, branded as the Canadian NRA, which is pure poison given how that group is being villified in the US.

Perception is key.

It was the grass roots that got going on the CZ and Swiss arms issue, not the NFA

What does the NFA give us, in an election year no less? Petitions to de-restrict the poster child for evil "assault weapons" and to increase mag limits....yeah...great stuff, save for that presentation, riding along with the NC stuff, makes them look like a pack of crypto anarchist freetards.

kennymo
11-24-2015, 09:37 AM
I SO wish "general asshattery" was an actual charge you could sue people for :) :) :)

That would likely back up our court system for a few decades.....and what would the sentence be? One swift kick in the behind for 3rd degree asshattery? Two for 2nd degree and for 1st degree you get severely beaten with licorise whips?

Foxer
11-24-2015, 09:56 AM
That would likely back up our court system for a few decades.....and what would the sentence be? One swift kick in the behind for 3rd degree asshattery? Two for 2nd degree and for 1st degree you get severely beaten with licorise whips?

I like the licorice thing - but I was thinking maybe they'd have to take an asshattery management course. We could provide simple text books that are easy for them to understand. Stuff from "Trucker Seuss" like "The Ass in the Hat" and "One Jerk, Two Jerk, Red Jerk Blue Jerk".

"My name is Gerd,
Gerd's the word!
You've been an asshat so i've heard."

"Some orgs would say that, it is true
I've tried to overthrow a few.
But I was wrong, and now I see
My asshattery really shouldn't be."

Doug_M
11-24-2015, 11:56 AM
I disagree on your Cons perspective completely. That is a perceived view portrayed by the media. Most people I know lost faith on the cons because they moved to the left which you call centre. At that rate you may as well fold. They lost there base and for years allowed many immigrants into the country on mass for example and didn't make meaningful changes that they could have easily done with a majority, this would have cut off the votes for other parties and got Canada moving forward. Not to mention keeping the CBC funded is deliberate political suicide and shows how fake the Cons really were. Reality is Cons were just fluff and collapsed like a crappy script villain already laid out in a blockbuster movie made for the dumb downed masses to consume.

LOL...that's funny. The Reform come Canadian Alliance could not get elected to form a government to save their life as they were deemed too right-wing by Canadians. So Harper (a Reformer) merged them with the PC and moved them to the centre. This is not disputable nor is it something portrayed by the media. It is Canadian history. Now, people with your views may by lost to the CPC, but you are not their base. You may have been the Reform's base, but not the CPC's. And the CPC did not lose their base this election. In the contrary, their base came out and voted for them. They lost 231,905 votes over the previous election and those would be swing voters who left them, not their base. There is no viable hard right-wing in Canada. Time to get over it (Stephen Harper did) and move on, that is if you want to defeat the Liberals in 2019. Otherwise you'll just be spinning your wheels.

I understand Claire's reasons for going independent, the scary part is you guys don't get it or are just have nefarious motives. The resurgence of the cons was based on grassroots movements that was co-opted to vere off course and it did.

This is pure fantasy on your part. The "grassroots movements" of the right-wing were co-opted a decade ago when the CPC was formed. The "cons" won their majority by moving towards the centre. Perhaps you would have been happy if they stayed Reform-right and never won? Claire went independent because while he recognizes the Liberals and NDP as the enemy, he also saw the CPC as the same. He had a fantasy that he would somehow win on the gun owner's vote.

Reason is a lot of people benifit from the firearms Act for there own financial/Political reasons that has nothing too do with personal freedoms but memberships for ranges and memberships for gun orgs.

So gun orgs and gun ranges are powerful enough to influence the government to keep the Firearms Act around?

Not to mention the Cons introduced this stuff originally for a tax hence under CPC leadership(Harper years)we had renewal fees of $80 ever 5 years for example.

Under the CPC the renewal fees were waived year after year.

The next terrorist shooting spree will be blamed on us and the new growing Muslim voting block will be expanded to keep the liberals and ndp in power to that crocodile eats them and possibly the whole country.

No one has blamed the Ottawa shooter asshole on us. A few tried to say the Long Gun Registry would have helped but they were generally shot down en masse. Currently Muslims make up a little over 3% of the population. Significant, but not yet a block.

Hopefully Trudeau is just playing the act for the cameras and actually cares about his 3 kids future but then again they might just Keele over and that is the plan. What do they care as long as there dynasty is always ruling.

I hold no hope for Trudeau. He is going to run amok the next 4 years and this is just the beginning. It is really Gerald Butts that we should worry about. Trudeau is just his puppet for the most part.

Foxer
11-24-2015, 12:19 PM
This is pure fantasy on your part. The "grassroots movements" of the right-wing were co-opted a decade ago when the CPC was formed. The "cons" won their majority by moving towards the centre. Perhaps you would have been happy if they stayed Reform-right and never won?

Well, this is something worth mentioning again and discussing. The reform/alliance COULD NOT get elected. There was no chance, they were banging their heads trying to do it. And after those white supremists tried to steal a riding in the east, the eastern view of the reform was set in stone (even tho they took immediate action to destroy the infestation and were successful).

Now - we have to stop here and ask ourselves what our goals are? Is the goal to get a party that MOST CLOSELY represents our interests in power and do as much good as we can? Or is our goal to thump our chests and allow the liberals to forever hold power because not enough canadians agree with our views for us to get them ALL passed thru?

It's just plain nuts to suggest that our goal should be to keep the liberals in power out of 'protest' that not all canadians agree entirely with us.

So the party moved from fairly far right to right of center. That made it acceptable to enough people that they could get elected and actually do something. And democracy does mean you HAVE to respect the will of the other voters if you're going to get anywhere.

It is still a right of center party, it can still do a lot for us and i don't just mean as gun owners, it was a VERY fiscally responsible party and it went just as far to the center as it had to in order to actually be able to do things.

This idea that we're better off with nothing (and less than nothing because they take from us) rather than having half of somethign where we actually do get ahead a little HAS GOT TO STOP. That is NOT how a democracy works. If you want to see a MORE right wing gov't in power - you will have to find ways to educate the people and convince them that a more right wing party is better. If you can't do that - then you have to accept that Canada will not support a more right wing gov't and work with what you've got.

The goal here is NOT to make a statement - the goal here is to get crap done. As much as we can. More is better but it's better to get HALF our list checked off than have NONE of our list checked off and have to add to the list because the libs have screwed things up even more.

leibermuster
11-24-2015, 04:59 PM
LOL...that's funny. The Reform come Canadian Alliance could not get elected to form a government to save their life as they were deemed too right-wing by Canadians. So Harper (a Reformer) merged them with the PC and moved them to the centre. This is not disputable nor is it something portrayed by the media. It is Canadian history. Now, people with your views may by lost to the CPC, but you are not their base. You may have been the Reform's base, but not the CPC's. And the CPC did not lose their base this election. In the contrary, their base came out and voted for them. They lost 231,905 votes over the previous election and those would be swing voters who left them, not their base. There is no viable hard right-wing in Canada. Time to get over it (Stephen Harper did) and move on, that is if you want to defeat the Liberals in 2019. Otherwise you'll just be spinning your wheels.

This is pure fantasy on your part. The "grassroots movements" of the right-wing were co-opted a decade ago when the CPC was formed. The "cons" won their majority by moving towards the centre. Perhaps you would have been happy if they stayed Reform-right and never won? Claire went independent because while he recognizes the Liberals and NDP as the enemy, he also saw the CPC as the same. He had a fantasy that he would somehow win on the gun owner's vote.

So gun orgs and gun ranges are powerful enough to influence the government to keep the Firearms Act around?

Under the CPC the renewal fees were waived year after year.

No one has blamed the Ottawa shooter asshole on us. A few tried to say the Long Gun Registry would have helped but they were generally shot down en masse. Currently Muslims make up a little over 3% of the population. Significant, but not yet a block.

I hold no hope for Trudeau. He is going to run amok the next 4 years and this is just the beginning. It is really Gerald Butts that we should worry about. Trudeau is just his puppet for the most part.
I was not talking about the reform party nor was I obscurely referring to them in my post...lol the rest of your responses are just stupid and clearly you are misinterpreting what I wrote on all accounts. A few decent points but you have a laser brain clearly lol

But since you raised the topic off The Reform Party things have changed they didn't have the internet like today, not to mention the whole political spectrum has changed in this election for example people voted based on lesser evils and single voter issues only. Example "POT"

You guys are die hard CONS clearly and that was our downfall. Nothing against Foxer and others but you guy in your post clearly didn't see how are community was being used to be sold out down the line.

FALover
11-24-2015, 05:55 PM
You guys are die hard CONS clearly and that was our downfall. Nothing against Foxer and others but you guy in your post clearly didn't see how are community was being used to be sold out down the line.

I consider myself a "die hard" conservative. I do not think we were sold out.'Our' community is more than the single issue of firearms. Downfall? I still have my pride and values and can look at myself in the mirror every morning knowing I voted against massive deficits, corrupt government spending and a multitude of other social engineering schemes that occur whenever liberal/socialist/communist ideals get involved.

XTracker5
11-24-2015, 08:19 PM
I like the licorice thing - but I was thinking maybe they'd have to take an asshattery management course. We could provide simple text books that are easy for them to understand. Stuff from "Trucker Seuss" like "The Ass in the Hat" and "One Jerk, Two Jerk, Red Jerk Blue Jerk".

"My name is Gerd,
Gerd's the word!
You've been an asshat so i've heard."

"Some orgs would say that, it is true
I've tried to overthrow a few.
But I was wrong, and now I see
My asshattery really shouldn't be."

We now evidently have a Willy Shakespeare in our midst:GJ

Doug_M
11-24-2015, 08:21 PM
I was not talking about the reform party nor was I obscurely referring to them in my post...lol the rest of your responses are just stupid and clearly you are misinterpreting what I wrote on all accounts. A few decent points but you have a laser brain clearly lol.

Perhaps you should articulate your points better. To everyone in Canada, except you apparently, "CONS" means the CPC. And it would seem you wanted the CPC to have governed as if they were still the Reform party. If I misinterpreted that it is the failings of your posts. But I'm listening if you want to try to explain your position again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Foxer
11-24-2015, 08:41 PM
We now evidently have a Willy Shakespeare in our midst

Did he just call me a "willy" ?!?! :)

Edenchef
11-24-2015, 10:17 PM
Did he just call me a "willy" ?!?! :)
If he mistook your "Seuss" musings as Shakespearian; he must be a highschool english teacher.

XTracker5
11-25-2015, 04:21 PM
If he mistook your "Seuss" musings as Shakespearian; he must be a highschool english teacher.

Dr Seuss was some time after my younger years. But now I am informed. I have no talent for creating ryhmes. It was very good though

Petamocto
11-30-2015, 06:36 PM
I just volunteered for the Field Officer position in my riding.

Much more manageable of a workload than doing it all by myself, and I agree with all of the policies, so it's a great fit.

Long live the Giltaca!

kennymo
11-30-2015, 08:29 PM
I just volunteered for the Field Officer position in my riding.

Much more manageable of a workload than doing it all by myself, and I agree with all of the policies, so it's a great fit.

Long live the Giltaca!

Do you get your own shirt? :p

Good on ya. Joined up tonight.

Carguy2550
12-08-2015, 12:19 PM
Has anyone received a membership card yet?

Kane63
12-08-2015, 12:21 PM

I haven't.

Doug_M
12-08-2015, 12:27 PM
I haven't.

They are going to be stuffing envelopes tonight apparently. No joke.

Carguy2550
12-08-2015, 12:27 PM
Thanks, just wanted to check with someone and make sure my membership wasn't lost in cyberspace.

GaryCaine
12-08-2015, 05:45 PM

no I haven't

Petamocto
12-08-2015, 06:41 PM
They're all being worked on, everyone, and the quality will be very high.

Definitely a card you'll be proud to have in your wallet.

kennymo
12-09-2015, 09:48 AM
They're all being worked on, everyone, and the quality will be very high.

Definitely a card you'll be proud to have in your wallet.

Facebook claims there's a big pile of stuffed envelopes headed to the mailbox this morning. (Ms. Wilson)

FALover
12-16-2015, 02:24 PM
It's Here! Mail showed up early today. Good haul!, 2 more Breda Garand receivers and my CCFR membership card!

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q699/falover57/fal/ccfr%20001_zpszg0rzjzx.jpg (http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/falover57/media/fal/ccfr%20001_zpszg0rzjzx.jpg.html)

Petamocto
12-16-2015, 02:59 PM
I also received my card. I thought for sure I'd get a lower number than 109 because I joined immediately, but it looks like 108 people were even quicker than me.

Brad
12-16-2015, 06:00 PM
I\'m still waiting on mine.

Coke
12-16-2015, 06:44 PM
Still haven't received mine yet, either. Hoping it's tomorrow...

Spectre
12-17-2015, 05:12 PM
Mine was proudly added to my wallet on Tuesday. Really low single digit here :bananna::cool1:

Coke
12-21-2015, 02:52 PM
Finally got mine in the mail today. I got a higher number than I figured, dagnabbit. I don't understand what the "1-" in front of the number is. Anyone?

At least my donation is helping out, that's all I need to know. Thanks for the great Christmas present...

Gaidheal
12-22-2015, 04:19 AM
I think I will email a copy of my wife's and my cards to the NFA to let them know where my money is going now.

DanN
12-22-2015, 09:13 AM
Finally got mine in the mail today. I got a higher number than I figured, dagnabbit. I don't understand what the "1-" in front of the number is. Anyone?

At least my donation is helping out, that's all I need to know. Thanks for the great Christmas present...

I got mine the end of last week; mid 600's, and with the "1-". I didn't buy on day 1; it was a few days later.

I bought a family membership; I have to admit I was a little disappointed that it didn't list all of my family members... but that's just me being whiny. :)

Petamocto
12-22-2015, 11:53 AM
Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far.

As for the other orgs, we have taken a position that we are not "anti" anyone else, as all of us only end up losing. Some people may still contribute to all of them, and some may feel like their stance better lines up with one in particular.

Membership cards were the first thing to come out, and gunshow media is what's being worked on now, which will be used by field officers like me to hopefully recruit more. Professional media is also being produced and time is being bought, so you'll see the official messaging shortly.

If anyone hasn't done so yet, please check out firearmrights.ca to see what our position is on various gun policies.

Doug_M
12-22-2015, 02:31 PM
Still waiting (patiently) for my card.

OEM
12-23-2015, 08:54 AM
I have a question...is the legal defence thing the same one that was offered by NFA years ago? I really liked the NFA of old with the old man Tomlinson and company. Theirs was the first site I found that made sense of all the confusing laws and regulations about firearms in Canada. I especially liked the question and answer format that they had (at least in their old site). However, I'm REALLY impressed with Rod Giltaca's interview with Press for Truth. This is what we need for the future of our orgs... calm level-headed discussion.

kennymo
12-23-2015, 09:00 AM
Still waiting (patiently) for my card.

Ditto. But my AR lower came in while I was waiting, pleasant distraction.....

TheHydrant
12-23-2015, 02:42 PM
got mine too. upper 400's which is still pretty good imo. was pretty cool to see the return address on the envelope. the office is about 10 minutes from my house.

Petamocto
12-23-2015, 07:10 PM
I have a question...is the legal defence thing the same one that was offered by NFA years ago? I really liked the NFA of old with the old man Tomlinson and company. Theirs was the first site I found that made sense of all the confusing laws and regulations about firearms in Canada.

Great question. Please go to the website and click your way through to the "legal defence" part. The answer is there, though, down to which law firm it is.

https://firearmrights.ca/en/insurance/

TJSpeller
12-24-2015, 08:56 AM
I got mine.

Puzzled by the return address - Skate Canada in Ottawa.

Huh?

Doug_M
12-24-2015, 01:57 PM
Lol...I just got a letter from Skate Canada too and was scratching my head. Guess I'll actually open it now!

TheHydrant
12-24-2015, 04:33 PM
Lol...I just got a letter from Skate Canada too and was scratching my head. Guess I'll actually open it now!

I play hockey there on the odd occasion, and it's actually a pretty big building. Skate Canada is the name of the building right next to the SensPlex, which is a state of the art arena with 4 rinks. There are office facilities so CCFR could easily set up shop

Petamocto
12-24-2015, 09:49 PM
The answer to the Skate Canada issue is that our person in charge of package production and media briefly had a connection with Skate Canada and had numerous templates already out the door from a different project before it was caught. That one batch got out the door before it was caught, but the error was then picked up and amended to the proper address. The good news is that if anything, more of your dollars were saved.

TJSpeller
12-24-2015, 09:53 PM
That's OK. I like skating too.