PDA

View Full Version : CHAS Zombie Shoot

jonanddad
06-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Big thanks to stevesummit for telling me about this shoot on our way back to Edmonton. I went there for 7:00am helped setup and chatted. Then after that Steve got me, my mom an my sister familiar to his Swiss Arms that he let us use for the shoot. After that he let me try his 338 Lapua that was really fun! Big thanks to Steve and CHAS 3-Gun club. There will be pictures and some videos after I receive them.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

AKcollector
06-16-2012, 11:57 PM
Thanks for helping out today. Was a great day

jonanddad
06-17-2012, 12:07 AM
Your welcome and I got a text and I found out I got 3rd place :)

stevesummit
06-17-2012, 08:31 AM
Well the zombie shoot was one of the best shoots I have been to at chas for a long time. I wanna thank everyone that helped with set up and clean up and of course all the shooters that made it what it was. There was a rumor that a second shoot will be happening later this year! When I hear about it I'll post something up again

killer kane
06-17-2012, 09:33 AM
Yes, excellent shoot, Good job C.H.A.S. members and most importantly, C.H.A.S. Three Gun. On a sadder note, I think Jr's hooked, he's talking about coming out as regularly as school lets him.:shoot:

stevesummit
06-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Lol that's just cause dad handed him a schooling on shooting yesterday

50calshooter
06-17-2012, 11:45 AM
What the hell? no pictures? Lol

stevesummit
06-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Sorry I am an idiot with this stuff lol I will work on the pics we have I am waiting on a couple videos from some shooters. But I did see Jon's sister and mom running around with a video camera, so maybe Jon will offer his up . And I will add the video of the 9 3d bleeding zombie horde that came at all of us during clean up

Schecter 81
06-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Yup, turn out was excellent. Feedback seemed great. Lots of new shooters and everybody seemed to have a lot of fun. The course fun for new shooters but still challenging for experienced shooters. Other than the guys running Swiss's, everybody seemed to do really well:Bang head:

stevesummit
06-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Lol I seem to remember the numbers showed a fat old guy with a Swiss beat lots of young guys that have the ten round mags In thier ar's

Schecter 81
06-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Found a video on You Tube. I think this was the young kid with the camera duct taped to his helmet!! Awesome!! Thanks for posting!! The sound effects for COD are the best part, I love it!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBfOTzw4OD0

killer kane
06-17-2012, 12:46 PM
I got a better time, but he was smirking all the way home every time I mentioned it...I think I was had.

jonanddad
06-17-2012, 03:16 PM
I would like all the videos that people took if possible, I want to make a video :) As for pictures I don't think I took a single one only videos

jonanddad
06-18-2012, 01:09 PM
lol, just tossed this video together of me doing the shoot. Don't judge lol I had 5 shot practice with the gun before I ran the course lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4XwIEpkqlY

jonanddad
06-18-2012, 01:10 PM
Yup, turn out was excellent. Feedback seemed great. Lots of new shooters and everybody seemed to have a lot of fun. The course fun for new shooters but still challenging for experienced shooters. Other than the guys running Swiss's, everybody seemed to do really well:Bang head:

The guys running swiss's eh? just wondering what place did you get :)

stevesummit
06-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Jon you know how the guys take it when they get beat, the waaaaaaammmmmbulance was very busy after you left. lol someone had to go ten feet outside the line to shoot one lonely zombie . I see now we will have to put up solid walls to keep guys on the rite path

jonanddad
06-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Jon you know how the guys take it when they get beat, the waaaaaaammmmmbulance was very busy after you left. lol someone had to go ten feet outside the line to shoot one lonely zombie . I see now we will have to put up solid walls to keep guys on the rite path

They stepped out!! Yesh.... This was my first time trying something like this with a gun I had 5 rounds to try before I did it and I did not go out of the orange lines.

Maybe we should use this instead of lines on the ground

http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00BMvabQcsEegj/Orange-Barrier-Fencing.jpg

stevesummit
06-18-2012, 01:27 PM
that would work, I think another work party is due and we can make some more barricades to attach the snow fence too

jonanddad
06-18-2012, 01:33 PM
that would work, I think another work party is due and we can make some more barricades to attach the snow fence too

Let me know when Steve and I will do my best to make it out!

stevesummit
06-18-2012, 01:56 PM
if your willing to help I am sure we can find a ride for you to tag along with

jonanddad
06-18-2012, 02:18 PM
if your willing to help I am sure we can find a ride for you to tag along with

Sounds great let me know when so I can take a day off from work

Schecter 81
06-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Come on Steve, I was only two feet out of your crazy drunken crooked lines and i was further from the target and I used my pistol for it like a NINJA:shoot: And I paid for it with the only 30 second penalty of the day I might add. And still beat your time!! Its all good fun though. And I'm the one who brought the snow fence!! Turn out was great though, I can wait for the next one. We will have to think of a way to make the zombie move or pop up. Need to step it up.

Schecter 81
06-18-2012, 04:22 PM
And Steve, Didnt you run it with 6 misses? Wouldnt that make you zombie food not Zombie Supply?

stevesummit
06-18-2012, 05:11 PM
The power of the all mighty Swiss made fodder of the zombies and they were not misses they were in full retreat so no sense wasting rounds on them

CanuckWR
07-12-2012, 08:08 AM
This sounds like a load of fun!

Please post when the next zombie shoot is a go. I want to try this out.

stevesummit
07-12-2012, 08:17 AM
I am working on the club to hold a second shoot little later this year and things look promising closer to sept

CanuckWR
07-12-2012, 05:13 PM
It can't be the same weekend as Tigrr's shoot...

TV-PressPass
07-18-2012, 02:38 PM
That would be worth the drive I think. Sounds like a blast

stevesummit
07-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Oh no not the same as hughies shoot. I have a target out there that needs to be introduced to a big heavy bullet