PDA

View Full Version : Man shoots himself in penis on way to work

Drache
06-16-2012, 10:50 PM
Birmingham - Accidentally shooting oneself is never a good idea, especially if it is in the private parts of the body. However, one man shot himself in the penis, on Tuesday morning, and is now recovering in Beaumont Hospital.
Detroit Free Press reports that a man from Southfield is recovering after he accidentally shot himself in the penis whilst adjusting his gun, according to police officers.

The 45 year old man, who was employed as a heating and air conditioning employee was working on a job in Birmingham - Tuesday when the event took place. Birmingham Police Deputy Chief Mark Clemence said that he was getting dressed for work and moved the .40-caliber Glock pistol in his trousers when it discharged at 11:15 a.m.

Clemence said that it could have been much worse. The femoral artery runs through the penis and if he had shot that, then it would be much more serious. The .40-caliber Glock pistol shoots large bullets, not small ones.

It was fortunate that a coworker saw the incident on the 300 block of Wimbleton and drove the man to Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak. It is not known if the man has been released from hospital.

Although the man had a permit to carry a gun, he could still face charges for reckless discharge of a firearm. The city's prosecutor will review the case.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/326753

OutdoorPursuitsCanada
06-16-2012, 10:58 PM
"the femoral artery runs through the penis?" - let me think back to EMT school.... Umm no. Lol got to love misinformed reporters. Oh and Safe Action Pistols..... ;)

RobSmith
06-17-2012, 12:37 AM
Pretty much .... Inside of the thigh as I recall but nowhere near the crotch except in one spot where it splits up to become the femoral artery. Gotta love pistols with no manual safety catch when you don't have a proper holster ...

"the femoral artery runs through the penis?" - let me think back to EMT school.... Umm no. Lol got to love misinformed reporters. Oh and Safe Action Pistols..... ;)

Haywire1
06-17-2012, 08:15 PM
What gets me, is as though shooting his own willy wasn't enough he may face charges. That just cracks me up. I mean what, they don't think he learned his lesson?

94sahara
06-17-2012, 08:22 PM
Sounds like he got the short end of the stick.

riderrick
06-17-2012, 10:05 PM
maybe he's left with the short end of the stick....lol

Haywire1
06-17-2012, 10:10 PM
short throw shifter? nick name him "Pinky Winky"? hint, look at your hand for the last one.

loki
06-18-2012, 03:02 AM

http://thegeekydream.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/i_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

JustBen
06-18-2012, 10:05 AM
People like this should be removed from the gene pool, and it looks like he's just trying to do that for us.

Haywire1
06-18-2012, 10:10 AM
Yep, the more I look around, the more I realize the gene pool needs a lot of chlorine dumped into it. oh, heres an evil thought, MAYBE, the anti's were right, and guns are evil and capable of attacking without a human being involved. I am scared, I think my .22 is looking at me, I better go I will be ba

jonanddad
06-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Yep, the more I look around, the more I realize the gene pool needs a lot of chlorine dumped into it. oh, heres an evil thought, MAYBE, the anti's were right, and guns are evil and capable of attacking without a human being involved. I am scared, I think my .22 is looking at me, I better go I will be ba

Um... Haywire1.... Are you there??? Haywire1??? Well it looks like the .22 got him.... :(

;)

Haywire1
06-18-2012, 01:33 PM
After a long and valiant battle, I have emerged victorious. the viciously high powered long distance sniper rifle that is the lakefield MKII has been wrestled back into submission and securely locked into my CFC approved storage closet. That'll teach me to try and clean it.lol sorry, couldn't resist.

jonanddad
06-18-2012, 01:38 PM
After a long and valiant battle, I have emerged victorious. the viciously high powered long distance sniper rifle that is the lakefield MKII has been wrestled back into submission and securely locked into my CFC approved storage closet. That'll teach me to try and clean it.lol sorry, couldn't resist.

Nor could I :) lol that was fun... But way off topic lol

Haywire1
06-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Too true. It still kills me though. I told the wife about this guy, she said, there's less painful ways for a sex change. on a side note, I have absolutely nothing constructive to contribute to this topic. I can't even imagine the stupidity involved, and the fact he may have to go in front of a judge and explain why he shouldn't goto jail for shooting his own willy, puts me in stitches.

Bobby and The Devil
06-19-2012, 07:10 PM

Well that's one way of using your head....

jrcbecher
06-19-2012, 07:21 PM
The long and now short of this post is simple the practice of safe gun handling will keep your member in good standing

westislandrifle
06-21-2012, 09:13 AM
all i can do i laugh and cringe at the thought

Haywire1
06-21-2012, 09:47 AM
yep, there is nothing that can really be said except for bad puns at this point

50calshooter
06-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Seriously why chamber a round for CCW I don't get it... [face palm]

Haywire1
06-21-2012, 04:43 PM
the fella shoots himself in the willy, and you wonder why he had a round chambered? lol

RobSmith
06-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Cocked and locked seems to be the usual way to CCW... Ok this is getting bad.

Seriously why chamber a round for CCW I don't get it... [face palm]

94sahara
06-21-2012, 07:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiJuYqRKmkQ