PDA

View Full Version : more accurate sks vs. AK-47

Nelson84
08-14-2015, 02:45 PM
I have been watching youtube again and I see sometimes the AK wins and surprisingly most of the time the sks wins. Just looking at the 2 rifles I would think the sks with its hunting rifle grip, looks easier to hold. I have seen the slow motion of the AK-47 flexing all over, I have never seen the sks slow motion video but I bet less flexing just the way it is built. Anybody shoot both, maybe when you were visiting your cousin down south?

3MTA3
08-14-2015, 03:31 PM
The Chinese SKS is pretty decent in my experience , My russian ones are inferior in most aspects , again speaking for myself. Can't say much about the AK- But check this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c7ZTcNTC5s

Nelson84
08-14-2015, 05:51 PM
no wonder he had a few fail to fire with the stupid way he loaded that sks.

kennymo
08-14-2015, 08:02 PM
Yeah, that Jerry Miculek sure is an incompetent ####......:rolleyes:

Nelson84
08-14-2015, 09:14 PM
His idea of the zip strap is actually a good idea or you might end up like this idiot. What the heck does this chubby guy need to practice quick draw for?
http://youtu.be/paxk_LPmdMI

CGO
08-14-2015, 09:43 PM
I have been watching youtube again and I see sometimes the AK wins and surprisingly most of the time the sks wins. Just looking at the 2 rifles I would think the sks with its hunting rifle grip, looks easier to hold. I have seen the slow motion of the AK-47 flexing all over, I have never seen the sks slow motion video but I bet less flexing just the way it is built. Anybody shoot both, maybe when you were visiting your cousin down south?

From my experience the SKS is more accurate. After owning one, I don't really get the obsession with AK-47s. Give me an AR15 or VZ58 any day.

Specter Arms
08-15-2015, 06:50 AM
The Chinese kept the SKS in their rifles sections along side the AK pattern rifle up until they were both replaced by the type 81. The Chinese felt the SKS was more accurate and allowed the rifle section to maintain fire when the AK equipped troops were refilling their mags.

Nelson84
08-15-2015, 12:20 PM
For the average soldier I think that the sks would be more accurate because in a panic situation a soldier is mor likely to set the AK-47 to auto and spray bullets at the enemy to scare them or keep them pinned down and will allow the sks single shot to pick them off when they pop up.

Nelson84
08-15-2015, 12:23 PM
The one thing the sks has is the cool factor of the empty shells flying out of the rifle. It looks cool until I had one fly straight up and land in the back of my shirt at my neck. It was a little warm.

BuckingFastard
08-15-2015, 12:39 PM
For the average soldier I think that the sks would be more accurate because in a panic situation a soldier is mor likely to set the AK-47 to auto and spray bullets at the enemy to scare them or keep them pinned down and will allow the sks single shot to pick them off when they pop up.

I'm not a soldier, nor have I any training but I'm sure they are trained well enough to know when and what situations rates of fire are used for (suppressive, cover ect...) Again I don't know this but I would imagine the soldiers of the world are better trained then full auto spraying the enemy to scare them.

Nelson84
08-15-2015, 01:42 PM
I'm not a soldier, nor have I any training but I'm sure they are trained well enough to know when and what situations rates of fire are used for (suppressive, cover ect...) Again I don't know this but I would imagine the soldiers of the world are better trained then full auto spraying the enemy to scare them.

Most soldiers using the AK-47 in battle are viet cong rice farmers or young Africans running around bare foot or in sneakers I highly doubt these soldiers are highly trained. Look at those idiots in Iraq running around in adidas and nikes in civilian clothing with a rag on there head holding an AK-47 and pointing it around a corner spraying bullets without even looking. No they are not well trained and are scared and paniced and run when a shot is fired in there direction. They are not like Canadian soldiers that are so intense and professional and hunt the enemy and show no fear.

BuckingFastard
08-15-2015, 01:51 PM
I was t thinking in terms of farmers and children using them but very good point.

Specter Arms
08-15-2015, 06:26 PM

Funny that, but soviet doctrine was based heavily on their experience in the Second World War. Doctrine said that at 100meters from the FEBA, troops would dismount from their carriers and rush forward firing on full auto. In fact that is the first fire control setting after safe on the ak. From a western perspective this seems strange to me as western forces tend to use full auto only in tight quarters like trench clearing, otherwise we use controlled fire and movement.

Mind you that use of full auto fire is specific to offensive ops, I can't recall what fire rate they use in other situations.

Swamphunter
09-14-2015, 08:14 PM
Don't mean to be a prick, but I think the Viet Cong "rice farmers" more often used the SKS. AK47's were more apt to be used by the very well trained and battle hardened NVA regulars.
Both very effective weapons.
I love my Tula SKS.
Take care,
Swamp

Booletsnotreactwell
09-16-2015, 12:14 PM
Most soldiers using the AK-47 in battle are viet cong rice farmers or young Africans running around bare foot or in sneakers I highly doubt these soldiers are highly trained. Look at those idiots in Iraq running around in adidas and nikes in civilian clothing with a rag on there head holding an AK-47 and pointing it around a corner spraying bullets without even looking. No they are not well trained and are scared and paniced and run when a shot is fired in there direction. They are not like Canadian soldiers that are so intense and professional and hunt the enemy and show no fear.

PMC in Iraq/Afganistan used AK's and PKM's a lot.

One of the main complaints of troops in Iraq was that with 120lbs of gear they couldn't actually keep pace with insurgents running around in Adidas track suits and Nikes with an AK/chest rig.

Jamezer89
01-26-2016, 02:00 PM
Going full auto with a rifle is impratical (that's what the machine guns are for) and gets you yelled at...its a good yelling at trust me, unless your clearing a trench....

Satain
01-26-2016, 02:12 PM
SkS is in accuracy but the AK is in every other other field.
Ergonomics
Durability
Customizing
The list goes on

RealDeckard
01-31-2016, 08:34 AM
Doctrine said that at 100meters from the FEBA, troops would dismount from their carriers and rush forward firing on full auto. In fact that is the first fire control setting after safe on the ak.

It's rather the opposite. In a panic users press down on the lever and arrive at semi. It's more deliberate to go to full auto.

Sunshine
01-31-2016, 09:12 PM
If accuracy is a concern don't bother with either rifle. There are much more accurate rifles available without spending more.

RealDeckard
01-31-2016, 09:44 PM
Like what? SKS and AK are $200-400.

Sunshine
01-31-2016, 10:03 PM
Like what? SKS and AK are $200-400.

K31 $300

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae70/czechthis_bucket/IMG_1816_zpsapl10hh4.jpg

Foxer
01-31-2016, 10:05 PM
His idea of the zip strap is actually a good idea or you might end up like this idiot. What the heck does this chubby guy need to practice quick draw for?
http://youtu.be/paxk_LPmdMI

To justify his expensive medical plan ? :)

SpenceyHR
01-31-2016, 11:53 PM
K31 $300

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae70/czechthis_bucket/IMG_1816_zpsapl10hh4.jpg

Using a bolt action as an alternative example in a discussion between two semi-autos is kind of unfair IMO.

RealDeckard
02-01-2016, 05:20 AM
I was wondering about that choice.

M39
03-25-2016, 10:46 AM
K31 for trench clearing? Modern combat? But your price target is legit.

Mark-II
03-27-2016, 07:32 AM
My uncle is a bit of a snob, but he will tell of being completely unimpressed with the AKs he shot in the past. Not hitting a barn from inside the barn and all of that.

Were they legal I'd buy an SVD for the cool factor, but an AK? It would have to be from a manufacturer with a reputation for producing well fettled and accurate ones. I've no use for a spray and pray milsurp. I've outgrown that silliness.

..plus we're not allowed the spray part here, so all that's left is pray - yay, prayin' at the pit 5 rounds at a time - what fun :(

glockfan
03-27-2016, 08:25 PM
My uncle is a bit of a snob, but he will tell of being completely unimpressed with the AKs he shot in the past. Not hitting a barn from inside the barn and all of that.

Were they legal I'd buy an SVD for the cool factor, but an AK? It would have to be from a manufacturer with a reputation for producing well fettled and accurate ones. I've no use for a spray and pray milsurp. I've outgrown that silliness.

..plus we're not allowed the spray part here, so all that's left is pray - yay, prayin' at the pit 5 rounds at a time - what fun :(

http://picturearchive.gunauction.com/5725072354/9669438/a4e08f9102b4aa04b71f25936a4ff14e.jpg

the polytech was pretty well made with his milled receiver, and darn accurate. i know i've shot a pre ban unit in the early 80's and it was accurate enought at 100 with the iron sights ; nothing like a tight AR,but still....i wouldn't say the sks in comparison is night and day more precise than THIS model. however , the paki's units or other less tight incarnation of the ak with stamped receivers and less than a tight fit are probably much less accurate than a select sks-d . the groupings opens up considerably with the heat .