PDA

View Full Version : Reporters Called 'Lying Pieces Of Sh*t' At Tory Campaign Event, Spokesperson Apologizes

soulchaser
08-18-2015, 11:07 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/08/18/reporters-conservative-campaign-wright-duffy_n_8004330.html

Reporters Called 'Lying Pieces Of Sh*t' At Tory Campaign Event, Spokesperson Apologizes

Reporters attempting to grill Stephen Harper about the Wright-Duffy affair were heckled and later called "lying pieces of shit" by a supporter at a Conservative Party event in Toronto on Tuesday.

Top Tory campaign spokesman Kory Teneycke has already apologized to the journalists for the "unacceptable" behaviour.

CBC News' Hannah Thibedeau, a veteran journalist covering the Tory campaign, is among those who have asked a number of tough questions lately about Harper's office, his chief of staff Ray Novak, and Nigel Wright's $90,000 cheque to Mike Duffy.

soulchaser
08-18-2015, 11:13 AM
It will be interesting to see how much coverage this gets vs. the vile tweets of a Liberal candidate from Alberta that an Israeli supporters mother should have aborted him with a coat hanger, among others.

And considering Trudeau called Peter Kent a lying piece of shit IN THE HOUSE OF COMMONS a few years ago.

What will the media cover more?

The comments of a CPC supporter or the comments of a Liberal CANDIDATE???

We all know the answer already.

FALover
08-18-2015, 11:39 AM
Apologize for the behaviour? Perhaps, but never say sorry for speaking the truth.

Doug_M
08-18-2015, 11:46 AM
CBC wrote this up on their site as well. Gee CBC what a story! Gosh those conservative supporters sure are mean, just like mean old Harper himself. Seriously though, since when is a heckler news? Oh wait I know, when the CBC reporter belongs to a guild registered with Elections Canada as a third party campaigner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Billythreefeathers
08-18-2015, 11:54 AM
since all of these reporters belong to the guild that is registered as a third party campaigner should that in itself bar them from attending CPC events?

Doug_M
08-18-2015, 11:58 AM
It should but who's going to report on it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

soulchaser
08-18-2015, 12:51 PM
CBCNN:

Liberal CANDIDATE comments - 3 minutes

CPC SUPPORTER comments - 9 minutes.

No surprise.

Edward Teach
08-18-2015, 03:46 PM
NEVER apologize for speaking the truth.

TheHydrant
08-18-2015, 03:49 PM
I read a t-shirt once that said: I don't insult people, I describe them.

Foxer
08-18-2015, 06:26 PM
NEVER apologize for speaking the truth.

That's not truth - it's just an insult. well deserved perhaps, but nonetheless. And it failed to help the cause he professes to care about, that's for sure. Now the image of CPC supporters being plastered all over the news is the literal angry old man shouting obscenities.

Does he feel better for having 'beaten his chest' a little while hurting the cpc? Reminds me of these "no compromise" idiots who think screaming at people is a good way to change the world.

Two For Sure
08-18-2015, 09:40 PM
That's not truth - it's just an insult. well deserved perhaps, but nonetheless. And it failed to help the cause he professes to care about, that's for sure. Now the image of CPC supporters being plastered all over the news is the literal angry old man shouting obscenities.

Does he feel better for having 'beaten his chest' a little while hurting the cpc? Reminds me of these "no compromise" idiots who think screaming at people is a good way to change the world.
X2. A lot of effort by local and central campaign workers went down the drain because of one guy. Eventually they'll find out who he is and this story will drag on for another round.

Mark-II
08-18-2015, 09:43 PM
So, by Supporter I'm reading "man in the crowd"

So how is this a story? Hewt feewings? An attack on the grandest institution of Canada?

Or perhaps honest disgust at the agenda driven hijacking of the affair in question..

In the grand scale of deciding the future of this country, one corrupt senator is a non-issue for me. If that's all you got for the controversy file, then you've either got nothing, or aren't smart enough to find something...

Edward Teach
08-19-2015, 11:53 AM

Explain Trump's popularity then.

Foxer
08-19-2015, 02:31 PM
Explain Trump's popularity then.

One wants to be careful equating 'popular' with 'popularity'. Trump is a train wreck. Lots of people love to watch a good train wreck. It's popular to do so. That doesn't mean Trump himself is popular. If anything it would seem that a lot of people are not impressed with him personally but still love to watch his antics.

In this case it wasn't entertaining or funny or anything like that. It was just an angry old man swearing at people. Way to fight the stereotype there big guy.

killer kane
08-20-2015, 08:27 PM
But they are, for the most part...lying sacks of @@$# that is.

Edenchef
08-20-2015, 08:59 PM
But they are, for the most part...lying sacks of @@$# that is.

But, it isn't polite or "progressive", to tell them the truth. :pot: