PDA

View Full Version : Axe hole

Prairie Dog
09-09-2015, 12:22 PM
....the name got my attention too.

About Axe Hole
Axe Hole is an indoor axe throwing facility. You can book events, parties, and get togethers for this unique experience or get into a great new hobby by joining one of our evening leagues.

WHO WE ARE
Try indoor axe throwing at Edmontonís Axe Hole! This unique urban axe throwing facility is exactly the excitement your next party or event is looking for.

Axe Throwing

Are you looking for a new hobby? Are you finding that fewer activities truly excite you these days? This might be a good time to look into taking up axe throwing. Letís get back to the basics for fun!

This booming sport attracts people from all back grounds. Weather you have had a hard day at work and need a way to blow off steam, want to prepare yourself for the Zombie apocalypse, have the coolest date night, or simply want to feel the zeal of flying steal, axe throwing is where itís at.

This unique event gives birthdays, bachelor and bachelorette parties, corporate events or even themed group party nights a whole new level of excitement.

Leagues

Axe throwing is easy and fun to learn, but donít be fooled itís one of the hardest sports to get good and consistent at. It takes lots of practice to hit the bulls-eye every time. So to get that practice in try joining one of our league nights, come out once a week with friends, or meet new friends while youíre here. Have head to head competitions, try new techniques and enjoy the most stress relieving sport around.

League nights run for 8 weeks, 6-9 PM, Sunday to Wednesday nights. See our schedule for start dates and availability.

Private Sessions

After your lesson and target practice the friendly and professional staff will set you up with a round robin style of competition and keep the action going.

Private group lessons can be tailored to every events needs, themed parties, groups between 2-20 people, and any other suggestions we can accommodate. This is the ultimate team building activity for corporate events.

About our instructor

Kat Spencer has been throwing axes for over a decade. She got started in a university wood chopping team and fell in love with all the sharp toys! She competes professionally in the STIHL Timbersports Series © for women and had chopped wood and thrown axes around the world. She also travels Canada and the United States chopping wood and throwing axes for Axewomen, and a traveling timbersports show.

Kat has been teaching axe throwing lessons for 3 years and now she has made her hobby her jobÖ.teaching you how to throw an axe. She has instructed people from ages 7 Ė 75 years old and taught at birthday parties, bachelor parties and even a divorce party! Anything goes; her passion and excitement for the sport will get you hooked on axe throwing.

At Axe Hole youíre getting quality axe throwing lessons from a professional in the sport. Kat will introduce you to multiple different throwing techniques and walk you through all the fun and exciting ways you can safely throw and axe.

http://axehole.ca/

Rory McCanuck
09-09-2015, 12:42 PM
And here I thought it would be a New Yorker mis-pronouncing 'ask-hole'. ;D

http://www.thornybleeder.com/index_files/askhole.jpg

That does seem like a good idea for a night out.
Like anything else, I imagine it would become more fun the better you get at it.
Could be addictive.

blacksmithden
09-09-2015, 12:54 PM
Saw this on tv a while back. Started as some group of people out for some fun....Toronto I think.....It just kept getting bigger and one of the guys eventually opened it as an official business. Now hes opening branches in different cities.

Marcel
11-01-2015, 11:51 PM
Axe throwing, coooool, I'm liking it!

I bet if hay forking and club making was included someone just full of his shiny pony self might get even more nervous...

Swampdonkey
11-02-2015, 03:37 PM
Sounds like an outdoor party game that yuppies never enjoyed in their youth. Of course now it's standardized with rules and organization and a no-alcohol policy. Way to take the fun out of it.

My favourite in years past was Molotov soccer.

And don't even start me on how many shooting sports "would" also make great drinking games.

kennymo
11-02-2015, 05:32 PM
Sounds like an outdoor party game that yuppies never enjoyed in their youth. Of course now it's standardized with rules and organization and a no-alcohol policy. Way to take the fun out of it.

My favourite in years past was Molotov soccer.

And don't even start me on how many shooting sports "would" also make great drinking games.

You left out using Roman candles like paintball guns.....sometimes the buddies and I look at each other and ask 'how the hell are we all still alive?'.

GonZo
11-02-2015, 06:41 PM
You left out using Roman candles like paintball guns.....sometimes the buddies and I look at each other and ask 'how the hell are we all still alive?'.
Coincidential roman candles fit nicely down the barrel of a 12 gauge.

Sent from somewhere