PDA

View Full Version : David Akin SHREDS Trudeau

soulchaser
09-15-2015, 07:19 AM
David Akin SHREDS Trudeau's claims about Ottawa's $1.9 Billion surplus:

Trudeau: “Mr. Harper has put us in deficit this year.” Akin: “Absolutely false. So far this year — FY16 — we have data from three months or the first quarter. After three months, we are in surplus to the tune of $5 billion.”

Trudeau: “As for last year’s numbers, we know—and we saw Mr. Harper under-spending and making cuts to veterans affairs.” Akin: “Nope. Wrong. Look to the table at page 16 of the Consolidated Financial Statements of the Government of Canada — a document which the Auditor General has verified — and you’ll see that the Department of Veterans Affairs spent $121 million more in FY15 than FY14, an increase of 13.5%.”

Trudeau: “[Cuts] to aboriginal affairs.” Akin: “Wrong again. Page 16 again. Aboriginal Affairs spent a whopping $1.986 billion — billion, with a ‘b’ — more in FY15 than it spent in FY14. That was an increase of nearly 30%.”

soulchaser
09-15-2015, 07:20 AM
Trudeau: “[Cuts]*to seniors.” Akin: “Strike three. I’ll quote from the AFR (p. 19): “Elderly benefits consist of Old Age Security and Guaranteed Income Supplement and Allowance payments. Total benefits were up $2.3 billion, or 5.5 per cent, in 2014–15, reflecting growth in the elderly population and changes in consumer prices, to which benefits are fully indexed. The increase in elderly benefits also reflects the accrual of retroactive payments.”

soulchaser
09-15-2015, 07:21 AM
Trudeau: “It was a political goal that actually has helped us slide into the recession.” Akin: “There is no economist anywhere that has concluded the actions or inactions of the federal government caused two successive quarters of negative GDP growth, the narrowest of definitions of recession. Moreover, as consumer demand remained strong in the first half of the year and employment growth was also strong in the first half, the consensus view of most economists is that Canada was never in a recession. In any event: A sitting prime minister puts the country in recession so he can get credit for balancing the budget? After running six deficits that were incurred to pull us out of recession? Does that even make sense?”

Trudeau "Canada is the only G7 country in [recession] right now.” Akin: “While only a handful [of economists] would say we were in a shallow technical recession earlier this year, there ain’t any I know of to say we’re still in recession.”

Doug_M
09-15-2015, 07:25 AM
Got a link SC?

soulchaser
09-15-2015, 07:26 AM
the above are bullet points Akin's full article is here:

http://blogs.canoe.com/davidakin/politics/when-a-war-room-fails-a-leader-trudeau-truthiness-and-the-economy/#.Vfd85iuAqa4.twitter

It should be stated Akin is the ONLY reporter to question Trudeau's lies.

Not suprising as the MSM, as registered 3rd party advertisers for this election are doing everything in their power to protect their preferred Prime Minister.

soulchaser
09-15-2015, 07:30 AM
Kinsella has picked up on it:

ht tp://warrenkinsella.com/2015/09/kcccc-day-44-anatomy-of-a-bad-bad-day/#comment-260845

soulchaser
09-15-2015, 07:30 AM

RangeBob
09-15-2015, 07:35 AM
registered 3rd party advertisers for this election

http://www.elections.ca/content2.aspx?section=thi&dir=42ge&document=index&lang=e

kennymo
09-15-2015, 08:14 AM
Kinsella:

Sigh. At the start and end of his column, David writes that Trudeau’s war room failed him. But I beg to differ. I know some of the folks in that war room. They know all of the stuff above. They would have advised this: “Mr. Trudeau, if you don’t know, don’t wing it. Say to the media you will get back to them with a reaction.” Or: “Don’t stomp all over your own event. Let that happen, get it covered, then come back to the news about the budgetary surplus later in the day.” Or: “Whatever you do, don’t provide evidence in support of the main CPC/NDP criticism of you – that you just aren’t ready, that you’re not up to the job. Don’t do that.” But he did that. The coming days will tell us whether Justin Trudeau’s bad day will show up in attack ads, or the next leaders’ debate, or Messr. Harper and Mulcair’s talking points. But – in a race as tight as this one – I think all of those things are going to happen. In an election where the economy is the issue, you had better know your economic facts. - See more at: http://warrenkinsella.com/2015/09/kcccc-day-44-anatomy-of-a-bad-bad-day/#comment-260845

Kane63
09-15-2015, 08:26 AM
I don't understand why trudeau keeps on insisting harper has put us into a deficit and that is a bad thing when he has said he WILL put us into a deficit. And he accuses harper of putting us into deficit so that he can have a surplus and make his economic policy look good, so trudeau will never run a surplus (as if that would happen even if he tried lol). Give me an f;ing break.

Doug_M
09-15-2015, 08:35 AM
http://www.elections.ca/content2.aspx?section=thi&dir=42ge&document=index&lang=e

MSM (mostly) are in there as the Canadian Media Guild.

kennymo
09-15-2015, 08:43 AM
I don't understand why trudeau keeps on insisting harper has put us into a deficit and that is a bad thing when he has said he WILL put us into a deficit. And he accuses harper of putting us into deficit so that he can have a surplus and make his economic policy look good, so trudeau will never run a surplus (as if that would happen even if he tried lol). Give me an f;ing break.

You forget the part where the Libs and Dips forced Harper to run a massive deficit and now claim that it was a terrible idea.....

Kane63
09-15-2015, 08:47 AM
You forget the part where the Libs and Dips forced Harper to run a massive deficit and now claim that it was a terrible idea.....

Thanks for reminding me. :tounge:

soulchaser
09-15-2015, 08:56 AM

And that "Harpers deficit" was about HALF the amount the Unholy Alliance was demanding he spend.

DanN
09-15-2015, 09:00 AM

I think I need to know more about this... I have to admit to being a bit of a political noob, but I gotta start somewhere.

kennymo
09-15-2015, 09:05 AM
Coles Notes version:
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w534/kennymo81/Mobile%20Uploads/24F671A3-EBB2-4F89-A986-F2990AE1C91D_zpsax32zh0d.jpg (http://s1328.photobucket.com/user/kennymo81/media/Mobile%20Uploads/24F671A3-EBB2-4F89-A986-F2990AE1C91D_zpsax32zh0d.jpg.html)

DanN
09-15-2015, 09:09 AM
Coles Notes version:

Gotcha. Thanks!

soulchaser
09-15-2015, 09:14 AM
I think I need to know more about this... I have to admit to being a bit of a political noob, but I gotta start somewhere.

October 2008 fall economic update from the minority CPC contained no "stimulus spending". This was at the very beginning of the worldwide recession.

Opposition parties threw a hissy, banded together to sign a formal coalition, which essentially gave the seperatist Bloc the balance of power within the coalition.

They wanted to immediately spend some $90 billion in stimulus and given we just had an election a month or so before this, they figured the Governor General would give them government.

Harper kicked them in the nuts by going to the GG and asking her to prorogue parliament. She did.

They came back a few months later and the CPC had a plan for about $50 billion in stimulus spending. Opposition cried it wasn't enough, but the Libs supported it, the coalition was dead and Dion left and the Libs installed Ignatieff as leader.

DanN
09-15-2015, 09:30 AM
October 2008 fall economic update from the minority CPC contained no "stimulus spending". This was at the very beginning of the worldwide recession.

Opposition parties threw a hissy, banded together to sign a formal coalition, which essentially gave the seperatist Bloc the balance of power within the coalition.

They wanted to immediately spend some $90 billion in stimulus and given we just had an election a month or so before this, they figured the Governor General would give them government.

Harper kicked them in the nuts by going to the GG and asking her to prorogue parliament. She did.

They came back a few months later and the CPC had a plan for about $50 billion in stimulus spending. Opposition cried it wasn't enough, but the Libs supported it, the coalition was dead and Dion left and the Libs installed Ignatieff as leader.

Cool, Thank you.

I do recall hearing about that, but never put 2 and 2 together. I have a long time friend who is a deeply rooted dipper (his mom worked for Nelson Riis for years) who was going on about how Harper had the GG prorogue parliament, thus delaying Canada's response to the crisis - but when he speaks like that it comes across as evangelistic rhetoric, and I tend to ignore him; smile and nod. He's like a brother, but I can't take political advice from a 40-something IT guy on disability. Especially one who smokes as much weed as he does.

I will credit him with one thing: He's got me to pay close attention to this election.

kennymo
09-15-2015, 02:12 PM

You forgot that Harper had time to go to the GG and think things through because the 'coalition' was so busy setting up congratulatory parties and news conferences for their 'historic' event, they never filed the paperwork.....

RangeBob
09-15-2015, 02:22 PM
Harper kicked them in the nuts by going to the GG and asking her to prorogue parliament. She did.You forgot that Harper had time to go to the GG and think things through because the 'coalition' was so busy setting up congratulatory parties and news conferences for their 'historic' event, they never filed the paperwork.....
I think that was the same event same day.

Billythreefeathers
09-15-2015, 04:22 PM
story was just pickup by the globe,,

http://globalnews.ca/news/2222185/reality-check-trudeaus-claim-harper-slashes-funding-to-balance-budget-falls-flat/

Reality Check: Trudeau’s claim Harper slashes funding to balance budget falls flat

killer kane
09-15-2015, 05:19 PM
i wonder if the press is actually getting it, as in once this country decends into a commie abyss, their ad revenue will dry up after all no one really does 30 second bits for turnips and vodka, or at least I don't think they do. Or maybe their worried they'll end up kneeling at the edge of a long ditch.....

matty86suk
09-15-2015, 07:18 PM

I remind my libtard/diptard friends that every time the topic comes up. I get a 1000 mile stare response.

FALover
09-15-2015, 07:40 PM
i wonder if the press is actually getting it, as in once this country decends into a commie abyss, their ad revenue will dry up after all no one really does 30 second bits for turnips and vodka, or at least I don't think they do. Or maybe their worried they'll end up kneeling at the edge of a long ditch.....

Most intellects, musicians, artists, MSM, seem to forget that when the revolution is won they are first in line to the gulags. Useful idiots is the term that comes to mind. Our education system teaches nothing in the way of free thought, just believe what we tell you. I make it a point to ask anyone I try and reason with to research all angles of any argument before making a decision. That is unheard of in today's schools.