PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite knife?

Josh J
06-21-2012, 07:36 AM
Hey guys! I don't know if there is a thread for tis already or not, but I figured it would be nice to see what kind of knives everybody loves.

I have a Buck Alpha Hunter in 154CM Steel (w/o a gut hook), and I love it!

What is your favourite knife?

OutdoorPursuitsCanada
06-21-2012, 08:04 AM
My personal two favs
Fallkniven S1 - Laminated Vg10, convex ground
DPx Gear HEST 2.0 folder - D2 tool steel, flat ground.

Drache
06-21-2012, 09:19 AM
It's really hard to pick a favorite for me since it totally depends on what I really need to do. Overall my favorite is my Applegate Fairbairn knife since I've owned two of them. After that I love my minibuck when it comes to field dressing an animal.

jonanddad
06-22-2012, 01:53 AM
Right now its my Spyderco Manix 2 in 154CM

lone-wolf
06-22-2012, 10:22 AM
The favourite knife I owned was a everyday carry SOG Flash 2.
Perfect size, sits low in the pocket, pocket clip was in the right place, easy to open, sharp, and priced right.

MJewell
06-23-2012, 06:11 AM
Buck folding 110, been with me along time and has seen alot of harvests over the years.

Baker
06-23-2012, 08:38 AM
ESEE 4 and the Cold Steel Mini AK47

RobSmith
06-23-2012, 09:16 AM
Not much of a "knife" but that one has to be my leatherman. In the 15 or so years I've owned it she has only been off my belt twice. Once for a flight the other for a court appearance.

superbrad
06-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Not much of a "knife" but that one has to be my leatherman. In the 15 or so years I've owned it she has only been off my belt twice. Once for a flight the other for a court appearance.

I have to ask... Did the flight take place directly after the court appearance?...lol...

My fave knives are my moras... Yeah, they don't have that cool factor but I work my knives hard and these things hold up... And for the price,you can keep a half dozen around and sharp at all times...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

RobSmith
06-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Flight was coming home from vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC (drove in using a borrowed vehicle) post 911 ... Court appearance was over a parking ticket. I saw them metal detectors and realized they were going to take her away... Made a 180 and put her in the car. I remember days where she was passed around on flights to and from Florida so people could open them bags of peanuts that you need a knife to open. Never in my life did I feel as naked as I did those 2 times.

I have to ask... Did the flight take place directly after the court appearance?...lol...

My fave knives are my moras... Yeah, they don't have that cool factor but I work my knives hard and these things hold up... And for the price,you can keep a half dozen around and sharp at all times...

C Broad Arrow
06-24-2012, 07:04 AM

I am just reading this for the first time and that was my first thought. Thanks Rob for clarifying! :)

blacksmithden
06-24-2012, 08:53 AM
Kershaw "Needs Work". I've had it for years. It's got a nice heavy, dead straight blade. It's very easy to sharpen and holds an edge for a VERY long time. The handle is tilted back a bit so if you need to cut something off cleanly on a flat surface, it's dead simple. All you have to do to open it is push on a tang on the back of the blade....way faster and easier to open than any assisted opener with a thumb spur. I've been a knife critic for years, and I have nothing bad to say about this knife.

Go to the 2 minute mark to see the guy opening it a couple times and you'll see what I mean. No, it's not video lag...the blade really does come out that fast. If you prefer a curved blade, they make one called a Cyclone that's the same design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LvNQFAtwh0

FlyingHigh
06-24-2012, 09:36 PM
My buck strider sbmf tactical is my edc knife. i cant kill it. i tell people the sbmf stands for solidly built mother frigger.

My got to belt knife is a bark river kephart full tang. Best little bushknife a guy could want.

exmilitary
06-25-2012, 07:58 AM
Love my Leathermen.... yes "men", I have the old Wave (no screwdriver bit tool) and a C33 pocket... http://www.leatherman.com/product/c33/c33x
I hate serrated blades, unless it's a dedicated steak knife :) I have others, but these are my two most used tools.

harbl_the_cat
06-26-2012, 11:49 AM
Still have the Gerber I bought to replace the one I was issued... Don't remember the model, but the small flathead screwdriver on it is broken off.

Take note - never try to clear an 858 FTE with a flathead screw driver :)

I'd like to have it fixed though... ole faithful's been with me for close to 7 years and done everything from gardening, to renovations, to mounting scopes, to reloading. I'm quite attached to it, to be honest :)

I also have a Victorinox "Champ" I started carrying again. I've had it since I was a young boy, obsessed with Swiss Army knives. http://www.swissarmy.com/us/product/Swiss-Army-Knives/Category/Everyday/SwissChamp/53501

It's good for the smaller, more delicate jobs.

I don't carry it, but my Grandmother gave me a Victorinox "Camping" knife, I think when I turned 9. I should have that mounted in a display somewhere. I never liked knives, weaponry, or anything "manly" before she gave me that.

Thank the good Lord my Dad didn't take it away from me after I got expelled from High School for pulling a knife on a bunch of grade 12 students when I was in grade 10.

He took most of my other knives away and gave me one heck of an arse-whoppin'. I had it coming though and am glad he did.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRO8C8tgq_i8EDKlbyem0QoTDsQSzuh1 EEgyD8kKjOH2euJZIweIUiNYuo1

BIGJAY
07-31-2012, 01:53 PM
Picking a favorite is a hard one for me. I have many knives and they all have different purposes. My EDC consists of at least 3 knives. I carry a Emerson Mini CQC-7 front right pocket. I carry a Strider Tanto DGG SnG and a Strider SJ75 both in Lifter's Leather sheaths on my belt. Each one has a different role and is part of many of the knives I use all the time. If I am going to go into my warehouse and break down boxes or cut open a lot of plastic straps a simple partially serrated Spyderco Delica is hard to beat.

Dave707
07-31-2012, 05:25 PM
My Eickhorn KM1000. It's great.

jrcbecher
08-01-2012, 10:14 AM
It's really hard to pick a favorite for me since it totally depends on what I really need to do. Overall my favorite is my Applegate Fairbairn knife since I've owned two of them. After that I love my minibuck when it comes to field dressing an animal.

Applegate Faibairn folders 3 sizes 3 favorites don't leave home without at least 2 of them plus small Swiss Army for the little jobs

Rocket Surgery
08-02-2012, 01:10 PM
My Fallkniven A1 is used mostly around the house now as a kitchen knife haha, but I love it. The Gerber Ultimate knife is what I use in the bush mostly. I've never been so hard on a knife before, so I really like it.

Stew Chunks
08-02-2012, 03:00 PM
I am carrying a SOG Aegis Tanto.
Nothing special, its relatively cheap
Its a bit stiff but nothing some oil and regular use can't fix
There are many better alternatives but I got it at the right price

http://www.handyniknaks.co.uk/ekmps/shops/handyniknaks/images/sog-knives-aegis-knife-digi-camo-tanto-ae07-assisted-opening-4245-p.jpg

FightingShiba's
08-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Currently packing a Spyderco Manix 2, EDC forum edition with the glow in the dark scales as my edc. Have several other Spyderco's that I may carry if I want to change things up.

cmiller82
08-02-2012, 09:21 PM
My favourite pocket knife is the Kershaw leek by far. The SOG flash 2 is second.

My overall favourite blade is the Gerber LMF, it stays in my Jeep and has removed trees fallen over the road. It's one of those knives that is more a tool than a blade.

OutdoorPursuitsCanada
08-04-2012, 03:01 AM
Currently packing a Spyderco Manix 2, EDC forum edition with the glow in the dark scales as my edc. Have several other Spyderco's that I may carry if I want to change things up.

Also carrying a Spyderco Manix. My go to heavy use knife is my DPX Hest - but my dress knife is the Manix.

skully
08-04-2012, 01:52 PM
my favorite was a knife i picked up in a pawn shop in corpus Christi TX. i dont remember what the name of it was, but it was a tanto blade about 6-7ish inches long. the handle was the full tang plus a little step up of metal the size of the handle it had 4 holes down the center of the handle.

i wish i could remember what it was. i put it threw everything while working on the shrimp boats. +more after i moved to Washington, no matter what i did to it it would not break and the blade edge would not allow me to put a nick or dent in it. if the edge was hit it would slightly flatten, but refused to fail.

terrible description i know, i have been looking for another one for years. the one i had was taken away by customs when i came back to Canada, even when i declared it and told them what it was, they still complained took it out of the locked bank deposit bag and took all the tape off(had a ton of duct tape on it because i was riding greyhound). their excuse was i was to young to have a knife(16 a few months from 17).

if i can find another i would buy it in a heartbeat without any thought or hesitation.

Stephen
08-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Spyderco Endura 4

agilent_one
08-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Bark River Bravo 1

Blackmore
08-05-2012, 07:27 PM
My favories are either Strider SnG or Hinderer xm-18 in 3.5"
SMF or xm-24 in 4"

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv18/iprice78/Hinderer/IMG_1378.jpg

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv18/iprice78/Hinderer/IMG_1380.jpg

Infected
09-14-2012, 02:43 PM
Currently my benchmade griptilian comes with me most often but I'm also quite partial to my manix 2....and my american lawman to be fair.

Forbes/Hutton
09-14-2012, 03:08 PM
http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx22/marshal8820/edc.jpg

mlehto
09-14-2012, 07:44 PM
Dress pants pocket everyday for work(Shirt & Tie, sales job)...........Fallkniven U4:

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/mlehtovaara/Snapbucket/A1C2A7C4-orig.jpg

Everyday beater..........Spyderco Delica:

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/mlehtovaara/Snapbucket/FDBCE691-orig.jpg

For the fancier occasions.......Mcusta Tsuchi:

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/mlehtovaara/P1070988.jpg

Hunting/camping..........Spyderco Bill Moran Drop Point:

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/mlehtovaara/Snapbucket/523F3A8A-orig.jpg

All comes down to what I am doing, and there are a few more to choose from.

Did I mention I like VG10? :)

Satain
09-14-2012, 07:55 PM
For personal use...
https://fj0fpq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pdVhuDaSPHhDSTKh8ubctREYv5muyiHhak3RYrZSBG1DSvKA dtf-O6yJDAKfxrYzus0ejw15HaQZUr4eHj8BGhXkD4nEA2IZL/IMG00634-20120428-1240.jpg?psid=1

For hunting use...
https://fj0fpq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1ppb3yd4EvD6-7HK1A0ginb4FeCgToDiznT0JfavfUi7dyPrxUp93DdzTMWet7e WL-Xm1_H3ymwGHD5ETFBhRPJAtG8Qzx5D2c/IMG00635-20120428-1241.jpg?psid=1

Nothing beats a KaBar :p

Baker
09-15-2012, 11:17 AM
I'd easily live homeless for a month so I could own several striders, no joke.

alphasixtwo
10-03-2012, 07:58 PM
My fav atm, is my Cold Steel SRK, AUS 8 steel great weight, 6 inch blade; makes a great out door knife. For back up I have an old buck folder with half serrated edge. Thing is 7 years old and still holds an edge like the day I got it!

Turkeyslayer 1300
10-10-2012, 11:03 AM
I carry a Leatherman wave in my pocket when I am at college. When I am working I carry the Wave on my belt and an Ontario RAT-1 clipped in my pocket. The Rat's are great, I bought a pair of them and haven't managed to kill either yet. I have killed a deer with one though.

If I am dressing up or going out I carry a basic grohman folder in one pocket, Rat or Leatherman in the other. I am thinking about picking up a Cold Steel Baconmaker Folder as an alternative to the Rat.

Two For Sure
10-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Folder: Spyderco Military
Fixed Blade: Spyderco Street Beat
Multi-tool: Leatherman Wave (orginal version)

Gallows
10-13-2012, 08:54 PM
I use a Spyderco Tenacious

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z86/cfmg6910/Gallows/photo0.jpg

ssea77ca
10-18-2012, 06:59 AM
Buck 110. It fits well in my hand and is durable.

Strewth
10-27-2012, 12:26 AM
My favorite EDC

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t424/smellype/stuff3/015smalleryet.jpg

Which I used to carve Jack Skellington tonight:) Happy Halloween!

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t424/smellype/stuff3/DSCF204460percent.jpg

RobSmith
10-27-2012, 01:21 AM
New "favorite" full-size knife is the Gerber LMF II I've owned for about 24hrs .... MUCH lighter and more handy than the M9 bayonet I've been taking to the bush with me. It even comes with leg straps so I can just strap her to my leg and forget about it rather than having the big-ass bayo clunk, clunk, clunk along on the wheel spokes strapped to my belt as I move along.

OutdoorPursuitsCanada
11-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Hey guys - remember to check us out, you might find your next favorite knife on our site ;). GOC coupon code is always active!

boomboy
11-20-2012, 03:08 AM
So far it's been the Zero Tolerance zt350 that I had on loan from mr. Jonanddad. That said it's a little large for edc when you're a student by occupation.

sDot
11-20-2012, 05:56 AM
Man, you guys make me want to buy a fancier knife. I have tons, but no crazy expensive knives with special features..

FlyingHigh
11-20-2012, 10:37 PM
this one (the pocket clip on mine was jewelled by the previous owner. looks sharp):

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/kz1000s1/mine1.jpg

and this one:

http://cf.mp-cdn.net/7a/1c/1a1e93df029e6ccb4e1e56821987.jpg

both are Buck-Strider collaborations. the top being the Tarani and the bottom the SBMF Tactical. both are hands down the toughest folders i've ever seen and the handle shape fits my little paw perfectly. as much as i'd like to, i can't justify buying any more folding knives. these are the creme de la creme.

sDot
11-21-2012, 08:27 AM
How do you guys find the DLC coating to hold up on these black bladed knives?

FlyingHigh
11-21-2012, 05:08 PM
the one on my SMBF has held up awesome. No flaking or scratches. The only silver I can see is the edge put on by sharpening. I can probably take a picture of it this weekend if I remember, as I've used mine hard for about 8 years now.

OutdoorPursuitsCanada
11-21-2012, 11:47 PM
The coating kn my DPX HEST folder takes a beating. The only time i have scratched it was cutting through a heavy gauge wire mesh.

sDot
11-22-2012, 05:38 AM
That's good to hear, I was looking to pick up a spyderco tenacious, and a kershaw cryo. I have a lot of the cheaper knives that I always pick up when I am bored and see them at CT, but figure I'd pick up something a little better but not too extreme.

I have some really nice "hunting" knives, but I am sure it won't be appreciated if I was walking around the city with them..

OutdoorPursuitsCanada
11-23-2012, 10:59 AM
I own a Tenacious - keep it in the truck for whatever use. Great knife the $$$. Have lots in stock if your looking to pick one up.

sDot
11-23-2012, 11:14 AM
I own a Tenacious - keep it in the truck for whatever use. Great knife the $$$. Have lots in stock if your looking to pick one up.

What is your shipping like?

sDot
11-23-2012, 11:16 AM
By the way, what is the legality of hunting knives? Can you EDC those?

lone-wolf
11-23-2012, 04:25 PM
What kind of knife are you thinking of sdot? You carry a bowie in toronto, you might get some funny looks, you do it in the country and most won't think twice.
You carry a pocket knife, anywhere, most won't even know you have one. I forgot to ditch my knife one night before going to the bars in halifax, and I had to remove my hat and coat to gain entry - they never even noticed my knife.

OutdoorPursuitsCanada
11-23-2012, 10:21 PM
What is your shipping like?

$12 to BC, AB,SK, $14 to MB,ON,QC, $16 to maritimes and territories - any order over $150 ships free.

OutdoorPursuitsCanada
11-23-2012, 10:23 PM
By the way, what is the legality of hunting knives? Can you EDC those?

Knife laws in Canada are so vague, and usually interpreted at the whim of each individual peace officer. Technically you can carry any size blade unconcealed, if you have a good reason to do so...

lone-wolf
11-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Most important thing is that it's a tool, not something you carry for protection. You use it to open letters and clean under your fingernails.

telecaster
11-24-2012, 02:52 PM
Yes. it's always a tool. Never a weapon.

sDot
11-24-2012, 05:56 PM
I just have a few really beautiful damascus steel hunting knives, so that being said I just want to be able to carry them around as a tool just because I really like them. Other tools I like that I carry around are pens, and watches.

lone-wolf
11-24-2012, 06:26 PM
If you really like em, might not be the best for EDC, as they might get lost. I keep losing my EDC knives, it sucks.

Baker
11-24-2012, 07:38 PM
If you really like em, might not be the best for EDC, as they might get lost. I keep losing my EDC knives, it sucks.

Or get multiples ;)

Sent via messenger pigeon

lone-wolf
11-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Yea, every time I lose one, I buy something different to try out.

sDot
11-24-2012, 11:07 PM
It sucks have nice tools that you can't carry around. Someone sees you with a Swiss Army knife in Toronto and SWAT comes and takes you down.

Razyr
05-20-2013, 11:27 AM
At risk of "un-hijacking" this thread, my favourite knife is a Ruko that I bought over 40 years ago. I was 13 years old and it was one of the first things I remember buying with my own money. I carried it regularly it for about 25 years and then "lost" it on one of our moves across the country. On our most recent move it showed up again, somewhat worse for wear. I sand blasted the blade, spent considerable time sharpening it and then replaced the plastic grips with hand carved lignum vitae. It's delightfully warm to hold and is decidedly customized to my right hand. It's German RC-60 Solingen steel. Not the finest blade in the world but it has huge sentimental value. I often have it on my hip in the workshop and always when I'm out in the woods, camping, etc... For day to day carry around town I have a folding Mel Pardue blade by Benchmade. 154cm. Just right for the pocket and most tasks.

Edit: Seems my link to photo doesn't work. Here's a link to the blog entry where I rejuvenated this old knife.
http://www.drakyn.com/blog/art/ruko-knife-design/

Edenchef
05-20-2013, 05:33 PM
I am carrying a beautiful little UZI tanto tip folder I got from Outdoor Pursuits, as my "city" knife. Tough little knife, great value, sharp as a razor. It was part of a gift set; watch, flashlight, and knife. I was given it as a present.

Cheers!

Danwit
05-20-2013, 05:49 PM
I like CRKT knives myself. I have a m16-14sfg tanto blade with VEFF serrations that doesnt leave the truck, and depending on what im wearing I have either the m16-01kz or the folts minimalist neck knife for edc.

ReignCzech
05-20-2013, 11:35 PM
edited, removed

Zomb1es
07-20-2013, 08:03 AM
I like to carry around a gerber swagger knife (125g) nice and light. I also really enjoy the Smith & Wesson M&P Magic assisted knives.

M.T. Chambers
07-20-2013, 04:26 PM
I don't go all out for custom knives as I tend to loose them hunting, but I use a couple of diff. Buck knives with gut hooks, a Gerber skinner, and a couple of Kershaw folders, some of the good knife makers are making them in Asia now and I avoid them like the plague.

Rory McCanuck
07-21-2013, 01:31 AM
One of the best knives I have ever used is a little cheapy Frosts knife from Lee Valley. Hard hard steel that keeps an edge for ever, even whittling away at some ancient seasoned oak.
The one that gets used the most is easily my Leathermen. Not the best steel, but always there.
I feel lost and nekkid without my Leatherman :run: :eek1:

A corrupted individual
07-21-2013, 11:45 AM
Spyderco delica 4 emerson opener.

Prairie Dog
07-21-2013, 11:49 AM
Does anyone have any reviews on the Glock field knife?

A corrupted individual
07-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Does anyone have any reviews on the Glock field knife?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmwTBtZ4aNw

Only 10 minutes long, thats impressive for nutnfancy.

Sadosubliminal
07-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Well, I'm no expert. I like what I have and I have what I like. My grandfather bought my dad a Bowie knife when he was young, and he passed it on to me. The blade is ugly, the sheath is nothing special, and the handle is a bit uncomfortable, but much like an SKS, it's built like a tank. It can hold an edge well enough, but it sharpens without a lot of effort. Mostly I only need to hone it after use. I've only got a couple of blades, so this one is my all around go-to tool if I am packing light. I've used it to filet a fish, then cut up 5" logs into firewood. It's big and heavy and will hack through a fat log with relative ease, if you don't mind a few blisters.

Excuse my laziness, I'll use an old pic with my Mav88:

http://imageshack.us/a/img51/1136/882ai.jpg

I'm sure it's nothing special to more refined tastes, but it has value to me as it is the closest thing to an heirloom I will get from my grandfather (through my father) who passed away decades ago.

Gomgat
07-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Opinel No8 cheap and it works

Rory McCanuck
07-22-2013, 11:53 PM
^^^I've heard good things about those Opinels.
Might have to pick one up to take for a test drive ;)

OutdoorPursuitsCanada
07-23-2013, 06:50 AM
If you like the Opinel's, or are just a fan or inexpensive, well made, no frills knives you really should check out the Mora of Sweden blades http://www.outdoorpursuitscanada.com/brands/Mora.html

sk8r
07-23-2013, 07:04 AM
Buck 119. Carried it for years - takes a great edge & holds it well. It has done a ton of filleting, gutting, skinning, whatever & it's still going strong...:)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8513/8354119778_bd2787a170_z.jpg

lone-wolf
07-23-2013, 08:03 AM
If you like the Opinel's, or are just a fan or inexpensive, well made, no frills knives you really should check out the Mora of Sweden blades http://www.outdoorpursuitscanada.com/brands/Mora.html

You'll find a ton of mora knives on commercial fishing boats around here. I think they're moras, very similar at the very least.

A corrupted individual
07-23-2013, 01:54 PM
http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t538/Luke_J_Morrison/IMG_0385_zpsfa93d2e6.jpg (http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/Luke_J_Morrison/media/IMG_0385_zpsfa93d2e6.jpg.html)

Here she is.

A corrupted individual
07-23-2013, 01:55 PM
I got her at houseofknives.ca for around $120 a couple weeks ago.

Strewth
07-23-2013, 02:36 PM
^That's cool, how do you like the....hooky part beside the thumb hole? I assume it's for ease of opening? Or is it sharp inside?

A corrupted individual
07-23-2013, 03:17 PM
^That's cool, how do you like the....hooky part beside the thumb hole? I assume it's for ease of opening? Or is it sharp inside?

That hook is called the wave, or emerson opener. When you pull it out of your pocket the hook catches on the edge of your pocket and opens. It's pretty awesome.

A corrupted individual
07-23-2013, 03:18 PM
Now that I have one I don't know if I'd be able to live with a knife that doesn't have the emerson opener

OutdoorPursuitsCanada
07-24-2013, 07:15 AM
My EDC is a DPx HEST 2.0 folder as it to has a wave feature. Very different design than the Emerson or spyderco, it is a much lower profile cutout in the back off the blade but it functions the same. It also works as a bottle opener :)

killer kane
11-18-2013, 11:42 PM
My Swiss army Ranger. This one's my third. Lost one, one got left at the boarding area in St. johns. I also like any decent Kukri.

Diazjoaquin
11-19-2013, 04:21 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/20/tehemuqu.jpg Spyderco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Asphalt Cowboy
11-19-2013, 06:03 PM
just loooove this thing !!

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff309/H2SNOW1/DSCN1999_zps67675faa.jpg (http://s237.photobucket.com/user/H2SNOW1/media/DSCN1999_zps67675faa.jpg.html)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBwbsnRNEUA&feature=share&list=PLse_Q8KwMv_gCYjRA6BlC8WDDHXsBtDfN

ric0shay
11-10-2016, 05:51 PM
RAT IZULA by Rowen. It has been my go to EDC for at least a decade. Cutting up boxes, removing big industrial staples, cutting cordage etc…

glockfan
11-10-2016, 07:50 PM
i bushwack a lot with my 2 gerber machete. i use both the 12'' and the 18'' . i like to get my trails the exact width shoulder to shoulder lol.....otherwise i always have an EDC folding knife on my pocket ...most pocket clip i have are CRKT's . my current edc is the M16 LE SRT .

lone-wolf
11-10-2016, 07:57 PM
For work, this is my favourite
http://www.coptool.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/fastback-pocket3.jpg

For the woods I love my esee4

Brad
11-11-2016, 03:58 AM
My Calvin Robinson handmade slip joint. I must admit that I'm really careful with it

KDX
11-12-2016, 01:29 PM
Please post some pics.

tinbird
11-27-2016, 04:59 PM
My EDC is a Kershaw Blur, my current favourite of all that I have is my Condor Hudson Bay :)

Odin762
12-17-2016, 01:40 PM
Esee 5... no practical reason.. and my Mora Companion. The CKF Rabbit is on my list of wants but will never own.

Pariegh
01-10-2017, 08:29 AM
Gerber LMF2. Had it for years now as my truck knife. Thing is a brute, I've chopped down trees with it.

Kenwp
01-13-2017, 10:51 PM
My brother took up leather work since he got old and made me two knife sheaths for Xmas and they showed up here this week and in one he placed a Gerber BG folder so that will become my new toy till I get bored again. He even included the survival pamphlet that they sell with the knife. I think he was just being funny.

kennymo
01-13-2017, 10:54 PM
Though I have a whole drawer full of knives and sharp things in the basement, I still like a Buck 110 folder on my belt. Guess I just like the classics.... It gets trumped by a Buck Vanguard fixed blade with the rubber coated handle for a month or so every fall....

Gunexpert007
01-13-2017, 11:01 PM
Though I have a whole drawer full of knives and sharp things in the basement, I still like a Buck 110 folder on my belt. Guess I just like the classics.... It gets trumped by a Buck Vanguard fixed blade with the rubber coated handle for a month or so every fall....

An excellent knife for sure . I have been using one for years ; and it is the choice for Forest Rangers and Game Wardens in this area......and they use their knives a lot !

Kenwp
01-14-2017, 06:28 AM
I have the 110 also an mine got used a lot. I bought a Buck folder that has the red plastic handle back about 30 some years ago and it got used a lot also as it was so light weight. But my usual knife was always a Buck 307 that I carried in a sheath instead of my pocket along with a tiny steel I found from Germany probably 40 years ago.

Purdom234
02-15-2019, 05:03 PM
For deer hunting my Russell #1 by Grohman. I have others that are bigger, fancier and cost more. None are better for the job.

Rory McCanuck
02-15-2019, 06:27 PM
I've wanted one of those for years but haven't run across one.
Are they fairly soft or do they hold an edge well when going through deer hair?

GTW
02-15-2019, 09:50 PM
Started with Buck knives, have now gone to Grohman knives for moose and deer. The #1 is my favourite. Canadian made and well worth the price.

Camo tung
02-15-2019, 10:09 PM
Fav is a Benchmade Hidden Canyon Hunter. Excellent all round knife, feels good in the hand.

Purdom234
02-16-2019, 09:43 AM
I've wanted one of those for years but haven't run across one.
Are they fairly soft or do they hold an edge well when going through deer hair?

In my experience it will hold an edge at least sufficiently to field dress and skin out a good sized buck. I've been through 2 or 3 deer without sharpening and it's ok. I suspect the steel is a little softer than higher end knives (others may know better), but it does its job so well. I have not used it on moose.

Stew
02-16-2019, 04:27 PM
For deer hunting my Russell #1 by Grohman. I have others that are bigger, fancier and cost more. None are better for the job.

had a Russell Trout and Bird for years, wish I knew where it was now, hard to get these days

Roland Deschain
04-20-2019, 11:32 AM
I edc either of these, and also carry a leatherman charge+

I occasionally carry a 6” cold steel Tri-lite

RobertMcC
04-20-2019, 11:39 AM
I carry a Swiss Army Compact every day. But I love my Puma Skinner.

Codyg14
04-20-2019, 04:23 PM
Always have one of my leathermen in my lunch kit at work, wave normally. Also carry a cheap kubey in my bibs for when i need a blade quick at work.

Edc lately has been a steel will cutjack mini. Have spydercos/benchmades/kershaws ect but this thing fits.my hand amazing and only cost me $50 so win win