PDA

View Full Version : Shooting "App"

HeftyMember
10-03-2015, 02:10 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm working on a school project right now for an entrepreneurship class, essentially our "Idea" is to create a shooting app for your smartphone. Not just a ballistic Calculator, but something that would also allow you to track shooting and reloading data, as well as incorporate some type of community feature.
I'm just curious what people think of this idea as far as what other features would be good to put into it, if the idea is even interesting to any of us (collectively as shooters), and if anyone thinks that it would have enough potential that would be sellable. Feedback is Welcome!

Steveo9mm
10-03-2015, 02:43 PM
You just used the words school and shooting in the same paragraph

CaperJim
10-03-2015, 02:59 PM

And with his first post, on that FIP list he goes

greywolf67nt
10-03-2015, 03:19 PM
I can see a great big F- in your future.
I think it's a cool idea but I have a BlackBerry

Steveo9mm
10-03-2015, 03:28 PM
but I have a BlackBerry

What are you..... Homeless?

HeftyMember
10-03-2015, 03:34 PM
And so did you right there. not sure what your getting at

HeftyMember
10-03-2015, 03:44 PM
And with his first post, on that FIP list he goes
So whats so special about the first post... and sorry I'm new... FIP list?

Steveo9mm
10-03-2015, 03:47 PM
He aint gettin it. Carry on

Edenchef
10-03-2015, 04:27 PM
So whats so special about the first post... and sorry I'm new... FIP list?

Sorry, we are just playing with you. We are suggesting that having those two words in the same post will trigger a "flag" when the internet spooks auto scan the forum. FIP is a semi secret ArrCMP database about Firearms Interest Police, I believe. :evil1:

Gaidheal
10-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Just fun being poked at the various "guests" on the site that look like they are always in a cold shower.

greywolf67nt
10-03-2015, 06:18 PM
Double post

greywolf67nt
10-03-2015, 06:20 PM
What are you..... Homeless?

No CDMA challenged.
Less for ammo for the FIP list too

Gaidheal
10-03-2015, 06:25 PM
The Gov't of Canada has selected the BB as its preferred device.

What does THAT tell you?

Either it is a complete and utter POS or it is a complete and utter POS they have funded.

win-win either way if you are an investor. sucks balls if you are a user.

Edenchef
10-03-2015, 06:47 PM
The Gov't of Canada has selected the BB as its preferred device.

What does THAT tell you?

"The stupid is strong in this one!"

RobertMcC
10-03-2015, 07:00 PM
I dont see the big deal... He has this topic on another group. Back when I was in HS I talked about shooting full auto, machine guns and playing with explosives...That was my summer vacation was Basic. Nothing bad happened.

He wants to make an app that helps. Give him feed back on that. Not some stupid woopty doo said gun and school doesn't make him going to shoot up the place.

The other group being more professional and giving him good info and their feedback, here Nothing...

Edenchef
10-03-2015, 07:08 PM
Ok, RMc, you are right.

HM, I currently use Strelok, not a bad app. I use it with my 45/70 Govt, to tell me where start calculating the initial dial up number for my soule sight, on my Rolling Block. I would love to see something that takes my actual range results and back calculates the other parameters, those that I cannot measure.......like Ballistic Coefficient, so that I can improve that "first" shot setting, from Strelok. Or even gives me the actual vernier setting, for a given set of conditions. Dial up'n'go.

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u539/Edenchef/Buffy002_zps5a382897.jpg (http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/Edenchef/media/Buffy002_zps5a382897.jpg.html)

This is what I'm trying to set, for that "first shot".

CaperJim
10-04-2015, 06:57 AM
Some people may like to see a section of the app to use to keep track of their collections - add photos, description, serial number, maintenance notes, upgrades, etc

HeftyMember
10-04-2015, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the info and feedback! Still new to this whole forum thing, but I'll get it figured out eventually.

Edenchef
10-04-2015, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the info and feedback! Still new to this whole forum thing, but I'll get it figured out eventually.

Let me know when you need a beta tester. ;D

DanN
10-04-2015, 05:38 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm working on a school project right now for an entrepreneurship class, essentially our "Idea" is to create a shooting app for your smartphone. Not just a ballistic Calculator, but something that would also allow you to track shooting and reloading data, as well as incorporate some type of community feature.
I'm just curious what people think of this idea as far as what other features would be good to put into it, if the idea is even interesting to any of us (collectively as shooters), and if anyone thinks that it would have enough potential that would be sellable. Feedback is Welcome!
I'd be interested in that app.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk