PDA

View Full Version : PAL/RPAL Timelines

Pages : [1] 2

94sahara
06-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Sorry if there's already a thread for this, couldn't find one so I'll blaze an internet trail.

May 24: Mailed Application and test results for R/Pal from Lower Mainland BC
May 30: Received at Miramichi
June 19: Message appears online: “Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.”
June 20: $80 Cheque Cashed
June 22: First Reference Interviewed
June 25: My Interview
June 25: Second Reference Interviewed
June 27: Message appears online: “Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canada Firearms Center Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)”

Total 28 Days from day received at Miramichi, never had to call in.

jrcbecher
06-28-2012, 05:23 PM
You are very lucky

Baker
06-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

Mine was received on the 31st of May, check was cashed on the 26th, both references and I were contacted on the 26th as well. Should be soon :D

Garetsu
06-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Wow... That is really lucky. I waited almost 3 months on mine, with me calling in to bug them, too!

But, nothing has ever been more worth the wait, ever. :-P

Neil Burke
06-29-2012, 09:08 PM

I call shenanigans. He must have an in. :P

Congrats, you are indeed very lucky.

blacksmithden
06-29-2012, 09:12 PM
My buddy (54 years old) has been getting the run around for 6 months from the wonderful people at the CFC. I think they must just pick names at random to see how long it'll take for them to complain to their MP's. If they delay his any further, I'll make the appointment with his MP myself and go with him.

jonanddad
06-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Mine was in my mailbox on the 28th or 29th day from when they received my application

94sahara
06-29-2012, 11:47 PM
Mine was in my mailbox on the 28th or 29th day from when they received my application

Holy smokes! and I thought mine was going fast. Still don't have it in hand, it just says it's been issued so we'll see how long it takes to get it now.

Sorry to hear about your buddies process blacksmithden, sucks they dick some guys around like that. Best of luck to you in getting your MP involved, I've heard that can bring about results.

jonanddad
06-30-2012, 12:14 AM
Holy smokes! and I thought mine was going fast. Still don't have it in hand, it just says it's been issued so we'll see how long it takes to get it now.

Sorry to hear about your buddies process blacksmithden, sucks they dick some guys around like that. Best of luck to you in getting your MP involved, I've heard that can bring about results.

Yea, I was surprised how fast mine was as I heard all the horror stories.

Haywire1
06-30-2012, 07:45 AM
28 days from application to approval, 34 from application till it was in my wallet., 36 to approval, 42 till in wallet for my buds RPAL

94sahara
07-10-2012, 06:02 PM
May 24: Mailed Application and test results for R/Pal from BC
May 30: Received at Miramichi
June 19: Message appears online: “Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.”
June 20: $80 Cheque Cashed
June 22: First Reference Interviewed
June 25: My Interview
June 25: Second Reference Interviewed
June 27: Message appears online: “Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canada Firearms Center Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)”

Update:

July 10: Recieved Restricted PAL today!

Total 47 days from dropping it in the mail box to putting it in my wallet.

Baker
07-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

Still in progress apparently.

woodenkayaker
07-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Application Received on: 2012/06/11

please define initial processing...please for the love of god define PROGRESS! ;)
*sigh*
Yea, I know...Im impatient... :)

Baker
07-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canada Firearms Centre Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)

Aww yeah! :D Worse part about it, it will get here when I won't be here lol.

buzz720
07-17-2012, 11:10 PM
I sent my application in on June 1, I think, and I received my rpal yesterday. Now time to wait for an ATT

pubb
07-22-2012, 01:46 PM
For future readers of this thread:

There is a mandatory 28 day wait. They won't even look at your application until those 28 days are up. Make use of that time!

You can send your application in BEFORE you get your test back. Just don't check the box which says, "test report included" (or something like that). If you are in Ontario, and you have to get your test reports back from the CFO before you can mail them to the RCMP, this can save you several weeks.

Once your information is on the website, give them a few days to get your information updated, do the background check and scan your photograph. Once that is done, they will speak to your references and do the interview with you. Don't wait for them to call your references, give your references the number and have them call in. Better yet: if possible, arrange for all three of you to be at the same place and pass the phone from one to the other.

Cheers,

P

Ticketed
07-22-2012, 09:23 PM
58 days here with one phone call.

Not great, but definitely not the worst timeline I've heard.

Baker
07-26-2012, 06:05 AM
Mine got home yesterday. I'll have it in hand later this weekend :D

Sent via davey jones from the locker.

Haywire1
07-26-2012, 08:34 AM
For future readers of this thread:

There is a mandatory 28 day wait. They won't even look at your application until those 28 days are up. Make use of that time!

actually yeah they will, after it shows online, wait a week and call in, ask if there is any info missing. i was told my PAL was approved, they were waiting for the 28 day to expire. the 28 day period only stops them from issuing, not from processing.

ronburgundy
08-09-2012, 05:56 PM
about 5 months from the moment i wrote the tests...

woodenkayaker
08-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Application Received on: 2012/06/11
Card recieved week of 2012/08/02 :)

DougPeach
10-08-2012, 03:02 PM
My PAL and RPAL also only took the minimum mandated 28 day waiting period.

It was getting my LTATT that made me grind my teeth and pull my hair.
30 days and it was done in ten minutes when I walked down to the BC office in Surrey after work.

At least I am now the happy owner of a taurus pt92!

VancouverSkiBum
04-22-2013, 12:07 AM
Took 150 days from them receiving my application, to me getting it in the mail. No references were contacted, nor was I. I even phoned in once to check up, and was met with little explanation, so i just left it alone. Mid November - Late April. This is just for my Non -Res. :Bang head:

walperstyle
04-22-2013, 03:11 AM
So they interview the references? lol, Maybe I shouldn't have sent my buddy a thank you card titled "Thank you Constable Stupid Face" with my application for him to fill out and sign. hahahah.

BrotherRockeye
04-22-2013, 09:27 AM
almost 3 months just for a friggin renewal...we need to axe the bureaucrats at the provincial cfo level...the feds were done with it in 2 weeks

blacksmithden
04-22-2013, 04:40 PM
My buddy (54 years old) has been getting the run around for 6 months from the wonderful people at the CFC. I think they must just pick names at random to see how long it'll take for them to complain to their MP's. If they delay his any further, I'll make the appointment with his MP myself and go with him.

Hummm. I forgot about this thread. My buddy got his after about 9 months. He was honest, and told them he had an FAC forever ago and still had it....put the number on the application. They looked it up. The excuse for the delay.....his old FAC from the 80's had his first name as "Ken".....his current application had his real name "Kenneth". Wound up having to send them half of his ID to prove to them that is name was actually Kenneth. And they wonder why people just say screw it and don't bother getting them. I think with the reinstatement of the BS fees, a lot of farmers and guys who don't take their guns (non-restriced of course) out of the safe are going to say to hell with it and go under the radar again. I hope so anyway.

Xtreme
05-01-2013, 08:46 AM
I mailed mine mid January, reference #1 was called a month later, same day as my phone interview. Reference #2 was mailed a letter and asked to call in, that was about 2 weeks later. Once she did that it was only a few more days for the status to change to approved, and I had the card in my hand for mid March.

And here's the link to check your application if no one has posted it yet:

https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/eCFISIWS/editLicenceQueryChoice.do?language=English

SantaClawz
05-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Can somebody tell me what these "phone interviews" are? A few years ago when I got my license, there we no interviews of any kind, just fill up the application, mail it in and then wait for your license to arrive.

Xtreme
05-01-2013, 11:17 AM
They call and ask some routine questions, some redundancies from the paperwork, "have you lost your job, are you an alcoholic" etc.

Code-Red
05-09-2013, 11:03 PM
There's going to be some Ontarioans pissed at me!

- PAL CFSC completed March 4th. Receive results two weeks later.
- App received April 10th at Miramichi (I wasn't in a rush)
- Phoned May 2nd to check status, it was already processed and they were awaiting my picture scan.
- Phoned May 9th, Approved and shipped. (references weren't called)

29 days. But then again, I did sign up in early December for my course, so I consider it a 5 month wait. Still, I think Bill 439 is getting to the CFO's, they must be rushing app's out to keep people happy.

Stay on their case, but be polite and courteous.

Razyr
07-16-2013, 01:15 PM
May 18 - wrote test
Jun 10 - Received test results and mailed PAL/RPAL
Jun 17 - Received by RCMP
Jul 11 - CC payment processed
July 18 - Phone to check, need more time to process, not showing up at all on web query
Aug 14 - Web query shows application as "In progress"
Aug 27 - Called references
Sep 4 - Received letter requesting more info, called, did interview, application approved and sent for printing.
Sep 13 - Received License in mail.

Peffer
09-24-2013, 08:24 PM
RPAL

June 3 - Received by RCMP
August 13 - All Interviews completed and was told it was being submitted for final review
Sept 24 - Website shows has passed initial processing and is now in progress(has been that way since July). Called last week and stated the timeline. Was told they have high volume and the application was forwarded to the CFO for review. Told to call back in two weeks. Have been very polite each time I have spoken to them and wish to keep it that way but losing patience. Seems like Ontario CFO is very unreasonable. Who can I contact in government other than my MP as I'm not sure I would even get an answer and not sure if he would be sympathetic. Peter Van Loan is my MP.

Asphalt Cowboy
09-26-2013, 03:38 PM
I just called them as mine expires on my Birthday in January and they said that they will send out my renewal app right away .. so hopefully I don't have to wait forever ..

davejohansen
09-28-2013, 07:35 PM
I am currently at 75 days since they received my application. Only about 2 weeks ago did it finally show up online with a file number. No phone calls yet for interviews.

mrg372k9
10-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Mine took about 30 days and no reference checks (which was surprising)

Xtreme
10-15-2013, 02:56 PM
Mine took about 30 days and no reference checks (which was surprising)

For mine they called my friend (the same day they called me) for a discussion, but they sent my sister in law a letter asking her to call them? Is that standard practice, or do they do that when they have a hard time contacting someone?

mrg372k9
10-17-2013, 07:31 AM
For mine they called my friend (the same day they called me) for a discussion, but they sent my sister in law a letter asking her to call them? Is that standard practice, or do they do that when they have a hard time contacting someone?

I checked with my references and they hadn't been contacted, so out of curiosity I called them asking about it and they said all was good. Found out a few weeks later that because of my job related security clearances with several of 'those' LEA's all was good. I was listed as a reference for a buddy since we did the RPAL together, they did try to call, unable to reach me (for some reason they don't like calling cell phones) They sent me snail mail correspondence asking to call them with whatever reference # and the interview was conducted then.

Steveo9mm
11-17-2013, 06:15 PM
They recieved my app sept 9. Its now listed as being mailed to me mid nov. should be here any day now. Im wearing out my mailbox hinges. :run:

Diazjoaquin
11-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Pal application received at Miramichi the 11th of Oct, I called them on the 12th of Nov and was told that I was sent a copy of my picture back on the 9th of Nov which i received on the 21st of Nov because I forgot to print my name on the back of it and that I could just fax it back which is what i did on the 22nd of Nov. I called today 25th and was told my PAL should be in my hands within 10 days.. Sweet. By the way up until today I am not able to see the status of my application online.

Here I come vz58

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

webster
11-25-2013, 09:48 PM
My wife's got tossed into the "indefinite wait" pile cause I forgot to put my signature on the part where I say I'm OK with her having guns. She finally called them, they explained what happened. She passed me the phone, they didn't even ask for my name or anything, just "Are you all right with her having firearms? Yup. Thank you." Click. Lol.

I've been lucky so far. Not up for renewal for a while now.

Diazjoaquin
11-29-2013, 09:24 AM
My wife's got tossed into the "indefinite wait" pile cause I forgot to put my signature on the part where I say I'm OK with her having guns. She finally called them, they explained what happened. She passed me the phone, they didn't even ask for my name or anything, just "Are you all right with her having firearms? Yup. Thank you." Click. Lol.

I've been lucky so far. Not up for renewal for a while now.

Thats unfortunate, hope it gets resolve soon..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

webster
11-30-2013, 09:44 AM
Yeah, she's got it now. Now we're dealing with name change BS. Lol.

frankthedog
02-19-2014, 04:33 PM
upgrade from PAL to RPAL...application sent today from BC...see how long this one takes...

frankthedog
02-25-2014, 05:44 PM
sent my RPAL upgrade app by registered mail...supposedly a " D. Harding " signed for it at 14:09 today...arrived...should I call to confirm they received it ? maybe that would get it going faster...or will they just tell me to wait and call back...any thoughts or info appreciated

whitewolf1389
02-27-2014, 11:35 PM
did safety course 2nd week of august 2013, got the results back 4th week of october, sent in application 1st week of november, got license in mail 3rd week of december 2013( RPAL, no references were called)

edit: i actually called in a week after i mailed in my application to verify that they got it in their PO box, the rep told me that they " had a 2 month backlog of applications and wouldnt know until then..) and then i got my license near end of december... :confused1:

frankthedog
03-22-2014, 08:52 AM
" Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date. "

Should I give them a call and see if any info is missing or anything ?

frankthedog
03-27-2014, 07:51 PM
"Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)"

Upgrade application from PAL to RPAL sent by registered mail from British Columbia...they recieved it on February 25th...noticed it online March 22nd...called in to ask if there was any missing info March 25th...got reference to call in and do interview March 27th...online status changed to the above March 27th...

TyDavidson
09-11-2015, 01:55 PM
My application was received April 20, 2015. 5 months later still waiting, just get the standard run around from the CFO office when I call, "its with th CFO from your prvince (AB) waiting approval, there don't seem to be any problems with the application but I can't give you a timeline for approval" just hope I get it before Oct 19.

TheCenturion
09-11-2015, 02:39 PM
My application was received April 20, 2015. 5 months later still waiting, just get the standard run around from the CFO office when I call, "its with th CFO from your prvince (AB) waiting approval, there don't seem to be any problems with the application but I can't give you a timeline for approval" just hope I get it before Oct 19.

What does your provincial CFO say when you call them to ask about it?

TyDavidson
09-11-2015, 02:45 PM
What does your provincial CFO say when you call them to ask about it?

Called a bunch of times best answers I got was there are no problems with it but is still pending approval. Others than that they won't say anything.

TheCenturion
09-11-2015, 03:03 PM
Called a bunch of times best answers I got was there are no problems with it but is still pending approval. Others than that they won't say anything.

Well, that's unfortunate.

JAYB18
09-26-2015, 09:23 PM
I found it was our (Alberta's) CFO that was the problem. CFC processed pretty fast and mine and everyone I knows application/renewal took over 3 months

JAYB18
09-26-2015, 09:29 PM
I found the only way to get in touch with the CFO was to try the ATT line. Where they told me they refused to finish processing my application until I proved I had a range membership. I talked to the CFC several times and all they could tell me was they had okayed my application and it should be in the mail any day. 3 months later I managed to talk to the CFO's office. They made no effort to get a hold of me just let my application sit on their desk for three months waiting for me to know they were waiting for proof of a range membership.

killer_chickens
09-30-2015, 10:46 AM

I don't want to worry you more, but my wife applied for her RPAL in late October, 2014, and she still hasn't seen it. She is also getting the "Everything is done on our end, it's on the CFO desk for approval" runaround for over 6 months...

Foker1337
10-04-2015, 09:17 AM
PAL/ RPAL Timeline
Aug 1/ 15 CFSC (PAL)
Aug 2/ 15 CRSC (RPAL)
Aug 13/ 15 Application sent by Canada Post registered letter mail
Aug 17/ 15 Application received by RCMP/ CFP
Sept 10/15 Cheque payment processed
Sept 28/ 15 License issued
Oct 2/ 15 License received

No problems with mine.

JDP
10-04-2015, 02:23 PM
I applied for my renewal of my PAL/RPAL on September 14. I hadn't bothered to check the status of my renewal for the next few days assuming it would take a while to process. Before I had even bothered checking the status of the renewal is had shown up in my mail having been issued September 24.

Steveo9mm
10-04-2015, 07:10 PM
The inconsistancy is because this is the alberta cfo office

http://media1.notapipe.biz/2015/06/Monkeys-typing-Shakespeare.jpg

PatsWin
02-11-2016, 11:13 AM
got it

TheCenturion
02-12-2016, 09:07 AM
They'll either call you, or mail you, yes. Eventually.

Wait a week or two, then call them, and ask for a status update, and if they need anything else from you. Eventually, they'll say something like 'we're ready to call your references, but we're backed up. Have one of your references call in and give this file number.'

Get your ref to do so. It's literally a two minute call, including ringing, voice menu navigation, and giving them the reference number. They'll be asked 'Is PatsWin crazy? Are you afraid of him having guns? If he does go crazy, will you call the cops?' and that's that.

Sprayed
02-19-2016, 01:16 PM
It's been over 5 months since they recieved my application. It's been with the CFO for over 4 months. I called and they gave me the usual run around saying they have everything they need but they can't give me a time frame. I applied for my PAL and RPAL, maybe they are waiting for proof of range membership?

I read in the thread about contacting your MP to speed them up. What exactly should I say and ask for when contacting mine?

TheCenturion
02-19-2016, 01:43 PM
It's been over 5 months since they recieved my application. It's been with the CFO for over 4 months. I called and they gave me the usual run around saying they have everything they need but they can't give me a time frame. I applied for my PAL and RPAL, maybe they are waiting for proof of range membership?

I read in the thread about contacting your MP to speed them up. What exactly should I say and ask for when contacting mine?

Can't join a range until you have a PAL, so that ain't it.

You'd call up your MP, hopefully conservative, and ask why a government bureaucrat has taken six months to read a form, type twelve things into a database, click the 'search criminal records' button, and then click the 'submit to government photo ID printing lab' button.

Have the RCMP contacted your references?

Sprayed
02-19-2016, 02:12 PM
Can't join a range until you have a PAL, so that ain't it.

You'd call up your MP, hopefully conservative, and ask why a government bureaucrat has taken six months to read a form, type twelve things into a database, click the 'search criminal records' button, and then click the 'submit to government photo ID printing lab' button.

Have the RCMP contacted your references?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes they contacted one of my references and I called in myself a couple months back to see if they needed to interview me, they said they didn't and that everything seems to be in order for the application and that it's with the CFO.

Unfortunately my MP just got voted in and is liberal

CFRS
02-19-2016, 03:00 PM
Some very quick times. Apparently in Ontario, it can take up to 120 days due to the amount of fraudulent applications submitted from the province.

Atzanik
04-08-2016, 09:15 AM
Completely new to this, had fully completed application for PAL/RPAL (no missing information), checked No to all personal questions on the application, in Ontario. I'm about as clean bean and boring as it gets. Very stable, never any issues with the law (not even speeding/parking tickets) or anything else for that matter. Good career, same wife for what seems like forever :) My timeline went something like this:

Feb 4/16 - Completed PAL/RPAL courses. The instructor sent/mailed off the test results the very next day.
Feb 17/16 - Received stamped test results from CFO
Feb 17/16 - Application sent via Canada Post priority to RCMP
Feb 22/16 - Received by RCMP
Mar 10/16 - Appeared online (Status check)
Mar 10/16 - Credit card was charged
Arp 7/16 - It's been 45 days and haven't heard anything. None of my references called, so I called in around 2:30pm, spent about 5 minutes on hold. Got an agent and was told everything was good, and if I wanted to speed things up, to have one of my references call in, and dial an extension. Lady was super nice and polite.
Apr 7/16 - One of my references called in, spent longer on hold in the queue than he did talking to the agent. They asked a few questions about me, and that was it. Reference sent me a text saying he called, so I checked status online, and it's completed and issued. Just waiting for it to show up in the mail now.

So for me, I didn't hear anything the entire time until I called in after waiting the 45 days. I suppose if I called after the 28 days it might have gone just as smooth. I'm wondering if it makes any differences that both my references checked that they were only available to be called in the evenings... not sure. When the lady told me to have a reference call in, she said they had to do it between 9AM and 5PM my time. They never called me, or my wife, and only wanted to speak to one reference. The reference they spoke to doesn't have a PAL, so that doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

No I can start window shopping while I wait for my card to show up! YAY!

VooDoo
04-08-2016, 12:24 PM
Seems to be the theme lately. Get your references to call in after your application appears on the RCMP website and it'll go faster - was a reference for my son, exact same bullshit!

SeirX
04-15-2016, 09:45 PM
I'm kinda jealous of you fellas who got a quick turn-around... when I took my course in December, they cashed my cheque 2nd week of January, and I didn't get a notice of paperwork until end of February, followed by another month and a half of waiting for it.
Of course..I went the idjit-route...used a reference who doesn't like firearms, and another who had just gotten out of the psych ward...guess which one is the one they called, lol.

dacron
04-19-2016, 01:21 PM
I'm kinda jealous of you fellas who got a quick turn-around... when I took my course in December, they cashed my cheque 2nd week of January, and I didn't get a notice of paperwork until end of February, followed by another month and a half of waiting for it.
Of course..I went the idjit-route...used a reference who doesn't like firearms, and another who had just gotten out of the psych ward...guess which one is the one they called, lol.

If your references have been called and your licensed is not issued, your local CFO is reviewing it or it is on their backlog for review. It's hit or miss to call them, but if you live close to your local CFOs office it doesn't hurt to pop in and ask what is up. As long as you are respectful, courteous and calm I've never heard of someone not getting a positive result by visiting in person to inquire, but location might prevent that.

SeirX
04-20-2016, 11:17 AM
I had no problems, @dacron , just in retrospect I figure I should have used different references.
I hear more stories of folks getting their licenses in a matter of weeks, instead of months, but December [granted, they cashed my cheque in January] to April seems like a long time in comparison.

Not complaining, just sharing part of my experience.

RumbleRo
04-21-2016, 09:08 PM
Mine has just shown up on the system and payment has been taken from my account.

I'm in Alberta so should/could I get my reference to call the CFO now?

If so, what info. is best to have at hand?

TheCenturion
04-22-2016, 10:57 AM
First you need to call the RCMP yourself and get the reference number for your references to, well, reference, when they call in to give a reference in reference to your reference number.

Keep this post for future reference.

RumbleRo
04-23-2016, 09:29 PM
First you need to call the RCMP yourself and get the reference number for your references to, well, reference, when they call in to give a reference in reference to your reference number.

Keep this post for future reference.

I will reference your post regarding the use of references. When I reach day 29, Ill make the call.

Thanks.

Drlevi
05-19-2016, 01:45 PM
Just thought I'd do a quick note for people doing their first application.
This was my first and found it quite easy if your polite and pro active. Did my courses April 16,17Th sent app by priority mail received April 20at firearms centre and showed up online around may 10, I started calling being very polite asking questions by may 13 was told to have my reference call in which he did on may 16 and on may 18 checked online and called and was told everything good and license has been issued and in the mail. So from start to finish exactly 28 days for process for me. Now also I read Alot of people saying you can't be a member of a range without your license I would disagree as I have been a member of csc since the day I finished my course which was sent in with my app so that may have been a reason my process was so short maybe.
All in all I'd say as long as your polite and respect the call centre people, be pro active and call and it may work out for you like it did myself.

White Tiger
12-04-2016, 05:20 AM
Here's mine: :p

Here I kept track of my progress very well.

First application.

CFSC/CRFSC Test Passed: 09/11/2016
Application Mailed: 09/23/2016 (had to ask friends from Ontario to sign the forms, took em 2 weeks to send them out lol)
Application Delivered: 09/26/2016 - DAY 1
Credit Card Charged on: 10/06/2016 - DAY 10
Application Status Online: 10/06/2016 (Your application has been received. It is currently being processed. You have been, or will be contacted either by phone or by mail for additional information. Please check the status again at a later date.)
Called in to check on app: 10/06/2016.
Received letter from RCMP: 10/14/2016. - DAY 18 (Apparently I left my guarantor section empty? Impossible I triple checked... Unless I accidentally put my father down as my conjugal partner... oh god lmao.)
Resent the missing info: 10/17/2016 (was told there was a mistake on the guarantor section. :-()
Missing part delivered on: 10/20/2016 - DAY 24
Application status part 2: 10/27/2016 - DAY 31 (Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.)
Friend(s) called in on: 11/08/2016 - DAY 43 (Interview took about 5 minutes, he also called like 10 minutes before closing. So maybe that is why.)
Called in to check on app: 11/09/2016 - DAY 45 (I asked them if they needed anything else -- was told that my application was sent out to the CFO for final approval.)
Called in again to check : 11/18/2016 - DAY 54 (Called them to see if they need anything else, was on hold for 5 mins and they approved it on the spot!)
Application Status part 3: 11/18/2016 - DAY 54 (Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000))
License Issued: 11/18/2016 - DAY 54
License Received: 11/25/2016 - DAY 60

Shortened track for people who are too lazy to read all of that :D:

CFSC/CRFSC Test Passed: 09/11/2016
Application Mailed: 09/23/2016 (had to ask friends from Ontario to sign the forms, took em 2 weeks to send them out lol)
Application Delivered: 09/26/2016 - DAY 1
Credit Card Charged on: 10/06/2016 - DAY 10
Application Status Online: 10/27/2016 - DAY 31 (Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.)
Friend(s) called in on: 11/08/2016 - DAY 43 (Interview took about 5 minutes, he also called like 10 minutes before closing. So maybe that is why.)
Called in again to check : 11/18/2016 - DAY 54 (Called them to see if they need anything else, was on hold for 5 mins and they approved it on the spot!)
License Issued: 11/18/2016 - DAY 54
License Received: 11/25/2016 - DAY 60

Grey_Wolf
12-04-2016, 09:43 AM
I can't figure out how to check status of application on line - any help? Oh, upgrading from PAL to RPAL.

Found it! Thx

White Tiger
12-04-2016, 10:55 PM
I can't figure out how to check status of application on line - any help? Oh, upgrading from PAL to RPAL.

Found it! Thx

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/online_en-ligne/app_dem-eng.htm

Login, and you'll see a Check Application Status, fill out the info and the application status should come up.

stryfe9998
07-24-2017, 12:08 PM
Just checked this morning!! YAY!! now to wait for Canada post...lol

CFSC/CRFSC Test Passed: 05/21/17
Application Mailed: 06/12/17
Application Delivered: 06/14/17 - DAY 1
Credit Card Charged on: 07/20/17 - DAY 36
Application Status Online: 07/20/17 DAY 36 (Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.)
Friend(s) called in on: 07/24/17 - DAY 40
License Issued: 07/24/17 - DAY 40 (same day!!)
License Received: On its way!!

Now to look for some range gear!!

KB_TheDireWolf
07-24-2017, 09:03 PM
Revived via Express mailing: 2017-05-24

Showed up online just after 28 days, called in and they wouldn't accept my Visa debit card I put down on my application. Had to go get a prepaid and the lady made it almost sound like I had no other options but a PAL since I only really plan on owning such firearms.

So I paid the $75 and activation fee on this prepaid Visa card to cover the $60 PAL fee that I was quoted before. I called back after the weekend and talk with somebody different who said that it was not such a big deal to have the RPAL. Just that the damn fee was $80 for application and I had already spent my money on this damn pre-paid. Just said screw it, just submit for a PAL. Cause I do not want to pay for another prepaid Visa card. Wasted a full month waiting from my RPAL training even though I could have just sent in for an PAL like 20 days before :Bang head::Bang head:

I called in asking how much longer about 2 weeks later. Lady said it was dependent on the CFO I could possibly be waiting until October. It's first come first serve and I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for that to happen.

linung
07-24-2017, 09:19 PM
If you in University, it should be easy to get a credit card. When I was at UofT we had people try to get everyone to sign up almost every month. I think they were no fee cards with like 5k limit.

The application process seems bogus. They issue them immediately after your reference calls in.

TheCenturion
07-25-2017, 07:45 AM
Next time, just send a cheque or money order.

KB_TheDireWolf
07-25-2017, 09:24 AM
If you in University, it should be easy to get a credit card. When I was at UofT we had people try to get everyone to sign up almost every month. I think they were no fee cards with like 5k limit.

The application process seems bogus. They issue them immediately after your reference calls in.Just the name of the group. Plain on trade school...

StuAWils
08-30-2017, 11:00 AM
From completing my CFSC receiving my PAL was just under a month two weeks; 32 days to get my PAL in hand after submitting the paperwork.

Best advice I found was to submit my PAL without providing the CFSC certificate (believe this is limited to only a few provinces?) and also to politely call the RCMP's CFP and politely ask for updates and offer any help they need. I spoke with them three times in total and they were all very helpful.

I know others have had pretty poor experiences with them but seems to be getting a little better.

Turtlehead
08-30-2017, 12:00 PM
how on earth do people get theirs so quick? it took 2 and a half months for the paperwork to get back to me from the cfo. i dont know if it was because i did it in september and everybody else in the province did theirs that same month or what.... was about 6 months AFTER i sent in the overstuffed envelope to the rcmp that i finally got mine.

Turtlehead
08-30-2017, 12:01 PM
how on earth do people get theirs so quick? it took 2 and a half months for the paperwork to get back to me from the cfo. i dont know if it was because i did it in september and everybody else in the province did theirs that same month or what.... was about 6 months AFTER i sent in the overstuffed envelope to the rcmp that i finally got mine.

im in ontario if that has anything to do with it

linung
08-30-2017, 04:00 PM
I did mine earlier this year. It took about 2 month.:Bang head: I don't remember the exact dates, but they were basically sitting on their asses waiting for me to call up and ask what's up so they can tell me they need to speak to my reference.

Five minutes after my reference hung up the phone with them, I was able to check online and see that it was approved and on the way to me.

;D

I could have gotten it like a week or two earlier if I'd call up sooner.

:horse:

KB_TheDireWolf
09-05-2017, 02:03 AM
I did mine earlier this year. It took about 2 month.:Bang head: I don't remember the exact dates, but they were basically sitting on their asses waiting for me to call up and ask what's up so they can tell me they need to speak to my reference.

Five minutes after my reference hung up the phone with them, I was able to check online and see that it was approved and on the way to me.

;D

I could have gotten it like a week or two earlier if I'd call up sooner.

:horse:
Lucky....

For a person who lives in Alberta and had to mark off in the personal section for Depression. I had sent in my application in late May in express mail with the RCMP receiving on the 24. I waited the 28 days and application popped up online and gave them a call found out they would not accept my Visa debit card I had written down. I paid the fee with a pre-paid card about 2 days later. So now it has been the Alberta CFO for over 60 days in a queue. It has not been looked at, even with numerous phone calls. None of my references have been contacted (being my mom and father so I should know if they get the call) and included my doctor's info (who supports me).

I just want to partake in something I have been looking forward to for years, heck I am no longer depressed due to treatment with transcranial magnetic stimulation for the first time in years...

Geez, I only really want to own a Lee-Enfield not some big scary black gun. Right now I think is the best rifle for the price here in Canada and because of the research, I have done on my great uncle. He was KIA in Italy 1944, in fact, it almost 73 years since his death on the 18th.

marcooool
10-22-2017, 11:15 AM
8/11 Application mailed out
8/15 Application received
9/16 Application status available online (of course showing in processing)
10/15 Online status changed to license issued
10/20 PAL arrived in mailbox

btw, no call to my reference, no call to me for interview. I live in Richmond Hill

littlejackal
01-24-2018, 05:09 PM
I didn't timestamp every step of the way, but Miramichi accepted my package on Nov 8 of 2017 and this Monday (Jan 22 2018) it changed online to issued. Will probably show up in my mailbox on Friday at this rate.

No references called. This was fairly quick despite being put on hold while waiting for the FSESO in Ontario signing off on my test results, and needing to update the credit card which was submitted with the application. Can't say I'm displeased with the timeline. Only calls I made to RCMP were to get information on where to fax my test results. After that I just bit my tongue and waited.

JCue23
02-13-2018, 09:58 PM
PAL/RPAL Wait Time

-Dec 2/3 Courses taken

-Jan 10 Received stamped test results

-Jan 11 Mailed to Miramichi Express and Signature Required

-Jan 15 Received in Miramichi

-Feb 7 Showed up online - Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

-Feb 7 Credit card charged

-Feb 13 Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)

I had called on Feb 9th just to make sure everything was in order. No interview and no references called.

I can't believe they actually issued the license on the 28th day that has to be some kind of record!

Now I need a shotgun for duck season so buying a Mossberg 500 that's already decided but want a pistol for target/competition shooting looking at the Glock 17 but can't decide to go with a used Gen 4 and save about $170 or brand new Gen 5...

mnathan
02-13-2018, 11:04 PM
it seems to be a hit or miss. both a buddy and i took the course together on nov 18, miramichi rec mine nov 24th and his the 27th. mine was issued jan 10 and i received it jan 18th, even with the xmas holidays. my buddy is still waiting. his says "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date" and has said that since dec 18 or so. he called to see what the hell is up and they said its sitting on the cfo desk for final approval. he is getting pissed and frustrated. the time its taken him to wait i have bought 2 handguns, had them transferred and approved in less that 20 hr each and ship and received by me. im just waiting on the registrations. it seems odd that the received both our on almost the same days and mine was done way quicker than his.

mnathan
02-13-2018, 11:21 PM
Now I need a shotgun for duck season so buying a Mossberg 500 that's already decided but want a pistol for target/competition shooting looking at the Glock 17 but can't decide to go with a used Gen 4 and save about $170 or brand new Gen 5...

i got a glock 17 gen 3 and i really like it, i also bought a smith & wesson m&p9 range kit and its a nice gun too.both used. very happy with both.

Gingersnap
02-15-2018, 12:36 PM
Hello, New member from Huntsville On here. I saw this thread and since I’m waiting for Restricted, I started reading with no idea of realistic wait times. What I saw was back in 2012 it took a long time and lots of patience.
I mailed paperwork Dec 28, bank statement shows chq cashed Jan 6, RCMP web site status says paperwork received processed and approved Jan 8.
No references called , I’m assuming because I’ve had a non-restricted license for 35 years they just took the money and stamped approved.

Now what do I choose for my first range pistol? M&P9, Glock17 or 19, CZ shadow2 ? ��

IJ22
02-15-2018, 02:26 PM
What is this choose you speak of? You obviously need at least one of each. :)

Superfly
02-23-2018, 11:23 AM
PAL/RPAL Wait Time

-Dec 2/3 Courses taken

-Jan 10 Received stamped test results

-Jan 11 Mailed to Miramichi Express and Signature Required

-Jan 15 Received in Miramichi

-Feb 7 Showed up online - Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

-Feb 7 Credit card charged

-Feb 13 Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)

I had called on Feb 9th just to make sure everything was in order. No interview and no references called.

I can't believe they actually issued the license on the 28th day that has to be some kind of record!

Pretty much my time line. Showed they got my application on Jan 26, 2018 and Feb 16 showed in process. Just looked today and license issued Feb 23, 2018.

No references called for me. This was for PAL/RPAL. Or I guess just RPAL since you can’t have one without the other.

Question...so I have a handgun purchased and the process is to get the license number to the store and they make the calls to the RCMP and then it can be sent to me. At the same time I can get an ATT from the RCMP to go to the range that I will join ASAP. Seems simple enough. Can’t wait to get buying and shooting.

Whiteannerdy
03-01-2018, 11:40 PM
Sent my RPAL application in. They received Jan 9th and card billed on the 28th day. Still waiting but will come in due time I guess.

Just wanted to note that I had one of my references call in for an interview and they told him they were no longer accepting references calling in to do interviews. Said that they no longer always require interviews but will call if selected or decide it’s needed.

They’re still reviewing my application but I have been a law abiding gun owner since 2007 without issue so I doubt to see any issue. Although it’s like waiting for Christmas and not knowing what day it is. Be a lot nicer once the snow melts and the outdoor ranges are no longer muddy though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vagnair
03-02-2018, 06:09 PM
My timelines- Ontario

CFSC-CRFSC Course Dec 1-Dec 2, 2017
Received Official Test Scores- Jan 25, 2018
Couriered RPAL application to RCMP- Jan 26, 2018
RPAL approved message on RCMP website- Feb 20th, 2018
RPAL received on March 2nd, 2018

Hope this helps!

Whiteannerdy
03-02-2018, 11:20 PM
My timelines- Ontario

CFSC-CRFSC Course Dec 1-Dec 2, 2017
Received Official Test Scores- Jan 25, 2018
Couriered RPAL application to RCMP- Jan 26, 2018
RPAL approved message on RCMP website- Feb 20th, 2018
RPAL received on March 2nd, 2018

Hope this helps!

That’s a fast turn around for 35 days. I’m around 52 days now.

Sounds like this is your first PAL/RPAL. What’s first on your to do list?

Vagnair
03-03-2018, 03:56 AM
Yes, my first RPAL! Getting my Sig Sauer and Bolt Action Rifle. Then, range membership and target practice!

Whiteannerdy
03-03-2018, 09:51 AM
What model sig/caliber are you after?

Vagnair
03-04-2018, 04:47 AM
Bought the Sig Sauer P226 Mark 25 Navy Edition 9 mm Luger- Waiting for ATT to pick it up.

Also, bought the Savage 110 BA stealth 300 Win Mag bolt action rifle with a NightForce 5-20x56 scope

Waiting to complete the range membership and orientation process and then start target practice!

Vagnair
03-04-2018, 04:35 PM
Completed my first day of orientation at the Stittsville range! Shot a 0.22 calibre rimfire semiautomatic pistol and a Glock 17 with the range officer. Now getting ready to do my first target practice with my rifle on the 7th of March!

Doug_M
04-11-2018, 05:05 PM
Just got my renewal in the mail today. Took all of 15 days! I pre-emptively emailed the CFO my proof of range membership a couple days after I filed the renewal online.

If anyone's PAL is up for renewal at any time in 2018 you might want to renew it now before C-71 becomes law in the Fall and creates a massive backlog.

DuhBoredShooter
04-12-2018, 07:26 PM
I mailed mine in March 11, been a month and still getting the "We have no information that matches" :(:(

RobertMcC
04-12-2018, 07:37 PM
I mailed mine in March 11, been a month and still getting the "We have no information that matches" :(:(

Did you make sure you included any range memberships or your purpose. Because that will delay it.

DuhBoredShooter
04-12-2018, 07:42 PM
Did you make sure you included any range memberships or your purpose. Because that will delay it.

Well no, but I called them multiple times and they said they still didn't receive it. Also my CFSC/CRFSC instructor told me that you do not need a range membership in Ontario.

RobertMcC
04-12-2018, 08:29 PM
Well no, but I called them multiple times and they said they still didn't receive it. Also my CFSC/CRFSC instructor told me that you do not need a range membership in Ontario.

Oh your first? Yeah it take a bit.

Mr Singh
04-17-2018, 03:52 PM
Hello, New member from Huntsville On here. I saw this thread and since I’m waiting for Restricted, I started reading with no idea of realistic wait times. What I saw was back in 2012 it took a long time and lots of patience.
I mailed paperwork Dec 28, bank statement shows chq cashed Jan 6, RCMP web site status says paperwork received processed and approved Jan 8.
No references called , I’m assuming because I’ve had a non-restricted license for 35 years they just took the money and stamped approved.

Now what do I choose for my first range pistol? M&P9, Glock17 or 19, CZ shadow2 ? ��

I am new member here as well.

Pal/RPAL courses done on March 10 and 11. Got the result same day.

Application sent on 13th March. For some reason I decided not to send as registered mail ( stupid decision )

Called the application center today 17-4-2018 and as advised that they cannot check my status because it has not been entered into the system yet. Lady officer was really kind and informed that they are taking a little over 28 days right now to complete applications and my application should be online any day now.

Lady encouraged me to call every few days because sometimes online does not give out all the information.

I hope I should know by end of this week or so.

Question - I have a NEXUS card, does that make the application process any easier because they do extensive background check anyways.

Can't wait to shop for M&P 9mm range kit. I have read great reviews for M&P 9mm range kit. For less than $700 you can get a really good gun plus all the extra equipment like 3 extra magazines, holster, mag loader and changeable grips .

Update -

Apr- 18 . Day after calling the application center, the status " Your application has completed the initial process. It is now in progress"appeared online. They received my application on the 19th of March. So it appreared online in 30 days. Not sure if my phone call made any difference because it appeared online the next day after I called.

I called them again today to make sure my application was complete and there is no missing information. I was advised that there is nothing they need from me and the next step for them is to scan my picture and continue with the "progress".

I will give it another week before I call again. Oh yes the payment was charged on my account as well but no references has been called so far.

Likeaboss
04-18-2018, 06:58 PM
I am new member here as well.

Application sent on 13th March. For some reason I decided not to send as registered mail ( stupid decision )

Called the application center today 17-4-2018 and as advised that they cannot check my status because it has not been entered into the system yet. Lady officer was really kind and informed that they are taking a little over 28 days right now to complete applications and my application should be online any day now.

Lady encouraged me to call every few days because sometimes online does not give out all the information.

I hope I should know by end of this week or so.

Question - I have a NEXUS card, does that make the application process any easier because they do extensive background check anyways.

Can't wait to shop for M&P 9mm range kit. I have read great reviews for M&P 9mm range kit. For less than $700 you can get a really good gun plus all the extra equipment like 3 extra magazines, holster, mag loader and changeable grips .Nothing will make it easier, the process isn't geared toward any sort of efficiency.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mr Singh
04-19-2018, 09:51 AM
Nothing will make it easier, the process isn't geared toward any sort of efficiency.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I thought so but was not sure.

DuhBoredShooter
04-19-2018, 10:57 AM
Its been 5 weeks and still nothing, UGHHHHH

RobertMcC
04-19-2018, 11:49 AM
Its been 5 weeks and still nothing, UGHHHHH

Well yours is a new license and not a renewal.. Patient young grass hopper. You'll soon find out you gotta wait 4-5 weeks for a firearm transfer.

Yogi05
04-19-2018, 11:58 AM
I got an email yesterday from cfp reminding me PAL can be renewed online, and providing some links.

I've never seen that before. The links look legit. There was also an RCMP logo jpg attached I could save (didn't touch that).

My internet paranoia makes me wonder if this is a new thing from them or a clever scam like some of those banking mails. I haven't look close at it yet.

Anyone see this before?

PAL not due for 6 mths or so.

RobertMcC
04-19-2018, 12:00 PM
I got an email yesterday from cfp reminding me PAL can be renewed online, and providing some links.

I've never seen that before. The links look legit. There was also an RCMP logo jpg attached I could save (didn't touch that).

My internet paranoia makes me wonder if this is a new thing from them or a clever scam like some of those banking mails. I haven't look close at it yet.

Anyone see this before?

PAL not due for 6 mths or so.

I did. And worked fine for me.. Took me 12 days to get mine after I did it online.

Previous one I mailed 5 months before it expired, and It arrived 2 weeks after it expired in August.

DuhBoredShooter
04-19-2018, 12:35 PM
You'll soon find out you gotta wait 4-5 weeks for a firearm transfer.

wait so is that under C-71 or is this already in place?

Grimlock
04-19-2018, 12:56 PM

You are in for a real treat. They are permanently backlogged. Get used to waiting.

RobertMcC
04-19-2018, 01:13 PM

Nope, It's just slow Ontario. They have the longest wait times for firearm transfers out of any other province.

IJ22
04-19-2018, 02:50 PM

That's how it is now, C-71 will make it worse by adding workload to the already overworked registrar.

DuhBoredShooter
04-19-2018, 04:05 PM
That's how it is now, C-71 will make it worse by adding workload to the already overworked registrar.

Nope, It's just slow Ontario. They have the longest wait times for firearm transfers out of any other province.

You are in for a real treat. They are permanently backlogged. Get used to waiting.

Welp, guess I'm moving to a random farm in the middle of Sask.

BgDM
04-20-2018, 08:46 AM
Question. Is the 28 day waiting period business days, or actual days? It's not that clear on the website, or any other information.

They should have received mine late last week, or early this week. So just waiting on it to go through the waiting period before it shows up on the site as "in process".

DuhBoredShooter
04-20-2018, 09:08 AM
Question. Is the 28 day waiting period business days, or actual days? It's not that clear on the website, or any other information.

They should have received mine late last week, or early this week. So just waiting on it to go through the waiting period before it shows up on the site as "in process".

Its regular days, add 3 business days if you pay with a cheque

RobertMcC
04-20-2018, 09:28 AM

28 days is a min, doesn't mean you're going to see it on the 29th day.

BgDM
04-20-2018, 11:02 AM
RobertMcC, yeah, in knew that. Just the mandatory 28 days I wasn't sure about. Figure it will be at least another 1-2 months after the 28 day period before I see it.

DuhBoredShooter
04-20-2018, 08:41 PM
UPDATE:
I finally got the:
'Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date. "

Now, I will bug them every week for updates. :)

Whiteannerdy
04-25-2018, 11:11 PM
Well mine has been “in progress” for 56 days. It’s an upgrade application ahead of my regular PAL that doesn’t expire until end of next year.

I’ve had some light shed on the process. Provinces like Ontario where you can send in your application while your waiting for stamped test results can overcome the 4 week waiting period at the same time while waiting for test results to be stamped. However. Provinces like AB/SK you get your signed test results(not CFO signed) and send with your application. They hold for the 4 weeks before your test results are reviewed and approved by a CFO. Possibly another 4 weeks and that’s only if your application did not contain any errors and you pass your background check. Then of course IF they decide to contact your references after these steps.

I’m on day 106. Could be a few more weeks. Nothing we can do to rush these guys. Most of the CFO offices are over worked, under staffed and under funded to hire additional staff. Good thing C-71 plans to give all these poor men and women more work load and no funding that I’ve seen to back that up.

Regardless, even if you find yourself in a long wait like myself. Ignore the “45 days to process”. Stay cool, and be patient cause you know it’s worth the wait anyway.

Gunrunner
04-26-2018, 02:06 AM
Anything questionable in the new applicants FIP file can really slow things down.

Gunrunner
04-26-2018, 02:09 AM

Just wait til the CFO staff have to start processing ATTs 'the long way' again once c71 passes.

Mr Singh
04-27-2018, 10:53 AM
Sharing my experience

13th March Application sent (non registered mail)

Called the application center on 17-4-2018 and was told that they cannot check my status because it has not been entered into the system yet. Lady officer was really kind and informed that they are taking a little over 28 days right now to complete applications and my application should be online any day now.
I was told to call every few days because sometimes online does not give out all the information.

Apr- 18-2018 . Day after calling the application center, the status " Your application has completed the initial process. It is now in progress"appeared online. They received my application on the 19th of March. So it appeared online in 30 days. Not sure if my phone call made any difference because it appeared online the next day after I called.

Apr -20-2018I called them to make sure my application was complete and there is no missing information. I was advised that there is nothing they need from me and the next step for them is to scan my picture and continue with the "progress".

April 27-2018 . Status changed to "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000) ".

No references called.

It took exact 46 days from me sending the application till the license being issued. Technically they took less than 45 days to complete their process after receiving application.

It's shopping time.

UPDATE License received in mail on 03/May/2018

sk8r
04-27-2018, 03:02 PM
Just fyi - I just renewed my PAL - sent by mail March 26th, received by mail today. So 33 days total, including mailing times. I have to say I was pretty surprised when it popped through the mail-slot this afternoon. :)

mnathan
04-27-2018, 10:13 PM
Well mine has been “in progress” for 56 days. It’s an upgrade application ahead of my regular PAL that doesn’t expire until end of next year.

I’ve had some light shed on the process. Provinces like Ontario where you can send in your application while your waiting for stamped test results can overcome the 4 week waiting period at the same time while waiting for test results to be stamped. However. Provinces like AB/SK you get your signed test results(not CFO signed) and send with your application. They hold for the 4 weeks before your test results are reviewed and approved by a CFO. Possibly another 4 weeks and that’s only if your application did not contain any errors and you pass your background check. Then of course IF they decide to contact your references after these steps.

I’m on day 106. Could be a few more weeks. Nothing we can do to rush these guys. Most of the CFO offices are over worked, under staffed and under funded to hire additional staff. Good thing C-71 plans to give all these poor men and women more work load and no funding that I’ve seen to back that up.

Regardless, even if you find yourself in a long wait like myself. Ignore the “45 days to process”. Stay cool, and be patient cause you know it’s worth the wait anyway.

its the same as my friend. he has been waiting 5 months. his just says Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date for 5 months now. he has called in several times and they say he passed all background checks and it sitting in the cfo desk waiting for final approval. and the stupid thing is we took the pal/rpal course at the same time and they received our applications at the same time and i got mine in 45 days to the day and yet he is still waiting.

Whiteannerdy
04-27-2018, 10:19 PM
its the same as my friend. he has been waiting 5 months. his just says Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date for 5 months now. he has called in several times and they say he passed all background checks and it sitting in the cfo desk waiting for final approval. and the stupid thing is we took the pal/rpal course at the same time and they received our applications at the same time and i got mine in 45 days to the day and yet he is still waiting.

Random selection on his? Errors in his details, checked yes to one of the questions, or they were not satisfied with a reference?

Or your friend just got the slowest CFO in the office and you got the energetic one who’s efficient as fuck.

coucou
05-02-2018, 07:57 PM
hi there, newb here.
4/19 delivered, regular mail.
Hope i can get it asap.

DuhBoredShooter
05-02-2018, 09:42 PM
"Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued" If there was a Sentence Olympics, this would win gold every time.

Mr Singh
05-04-2018, 09:48 AM
13th March Application sent for RPAL/PAL
19th March Application received by CFP
27th April License Issued
3rd May License received

No references called

Total days =52 Including mail time.

Niklasky
05-04-2018, 04:45 PM
13th March Application sent for RPAL/PAL
19th March Application received by CFP
27th April License Issued
3rd May License received

No references called

Total days =52 Including mail time.

Hey, that's a pretty good timeline ! Which province are you in ? Did you call them after 28 days, to enquire ?

Thanks !

Mr Singh
05-07-2018, 09:34 AM
Hey, that's a pretty good timeline ! Which province are you in ? Did you call them after 28 days, to enquire ?

Thanks !

Yes. All my friends are schocked because some had to wait almost one year.

I live in BC. I did called CFS after 28 days. My application status appeared online a day after I called. I followed up with couple of more calls after it appeared online to make sure there is nothing missing. Both occasions I was told that my picture is sent out for scan and next thing I know it was approved.

I don't know if calling them made any difference but there is no harm in checking every few days. Matter of fact I was told by the staff to call every few days as online information is not completely reliable. Hope it helps.

BgDM
05-07-2018, 11:15 AM
Matter of fact I was told by the staff to call every few days as online information is not completely reliable. Hope it helps.

Good to know. Mine should be past the 28 days by the end of next week.

Niklasky
05-07-2018, 09:53 PM
Yes. All my friends are schocked because some had to wait almost one year.

I live in BC. I did called CFS after 28 days. My application status appeared online a day after I called. I followed up with couple of more calls after it appeared online to make sure there is nothing missing. Both occasions I was told that my picture is sent out for scan and next thing I know it was approved.

I don't know if calling them made any difference but there is no harm in checking every few days. Matter of fact I was told by the staff to call every few days as online information is not completely reliable. Hope it helps.

We'll, congrats on getting your RPAL. I hope my timeline will be as short as yours.

Whiteannerdy
05-07-2018, 10:21 PM
Day 118 and waiting. 68 days since it “completed initial processing. It is now in progress”

Done my interview with the RCMP but no references called yet.

Mr Singh
05-08-2018, 10:47 AM
We'll, congrats on getting your RPAL. I hope my timeline will be as short as yours.

Thank you. It's still a long process to shoot restricted firearm even after having license in your hand. I had to sign up with my local range and call CFO to provide membership details. Than I paid for my firearm and waited for the transfer to be completed by local CFO. Luckily it was done in 1 day. I am picking my firearm today but still can't shoot because I will have to wait for another 2 weeks before I get registration certificated for the firearm. So yeah it's another couple of weeks wait before you can actually shoot out of your restricted firearm.

Gunrunner
05-08-2018, 02:20 PM
renewal - applied online.
Did everything including the photo on my smartphone in 10 minutes.

About 2 weeks later the card arrived (non-restricted & restricted).
Nothing about club memberships whatsoever.

Don't own any restricted firearms anyway and never will.
If they want to take restricted off my license I'll be expecting the $20 difference in fees between RPAL & PAL.

Gunrunner
05-08-2018, 02:33 PM
Just got my renewal in the mail today. Took all of 15 days! I pre-emptively emailed the CFO my proof of range membership a couple days after I filed the renewal online.

If anyone's PAL is up for renewal at any time in 2018 you might want to renew it now before C-71 becomes law in the Fall and creates a massive backlog.

Especially if you have 'events' in your pre-5 years ago background you'd rather not divulge/discuss on the application.

The CFO/RCMP probably know about them anyway and if they mattered you wouldn't have a license to renew but they want to bait you into lying so they can disqualify your application and probably charge you for giving false/misleading/incomplete information on a license application so you won't be able to get a PAL in the future.

Nobody knows what kind of 'booby trap' questions will be on the 'new applicant' & renewal applications so best to renew NOW before c71 becomes law.

DuhBoredShooter
05-09-2018, 03:15 PM
Sent march 11
Recieved march 19
Initial processing April 19
Issued May 2
Recieved May 9

In total 50 days

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SW_MP20
05-17-2018, 10:13 AM
That's actually pretty good. Mine and my wifes PAL/RPAL arrived in NB on the 12th of April. May 16th and they said they are just starting with processing ones received the first week of April. As of now, it's not even showing up as started on line. Today is officially 5 weeks since they received it. I'm starting holidays on June 15th and hoping to have something back by then so I can spend lots of time in the range.

Whiteannerdy
05-17-2018, 10:09 PM
That's actually pretty good. Mine and my wifes PAL/RPAL arrived in NB on the 12th of April. May 16th and they said they are just starting with processing ones received the first week of April. As of now, it's not even showing up as started on line. Today is officially 5 weeks since they received it. I'm starting holidays on June 15th and hoping to have something back by then so I can spend lots of time in the range.

I hear ya. Summer is here and the range is dry. Made a few trips out with my non-restricted rifles but really wanna get shooting with the pistols. Going this weekend to help volunteer time to do some range maintenance and repairs.

I’m on day 128 since they’ve had my RPAL application. Wish we all had more CFOS for this stuff. Can’t imagine how bad it’s going to be if that bill C-71 passes...

SW_MP20
05-19-2018, 07:14 AM
I hear ya. Summer is here and the range is dry. Made a few trips out with my non-restricted rifles but really wanna get shooting with the pistols. Going this weekend to help volunteer time to do some range maintenance and repairs.

I’m on day 128 since they’ve had my RPAL application. Wish we all had more CFOS for this stuff. Can’t imagine how bad it’s going to be if that bill C-71 passes...

Don't even think that about C-71. I can't imagine have to wait 6 months for my license to go through. Been sitting here for 5 weeks now trying to decide between the H&K SFP9 or the S&W M&P 2.0 Not sure what I will have decided by the time it's approved or even what the range will have in stock by then.

Mike

Whiteannerdy
05-19-2018, 12:15 PM
Don't even think that about C-71. I can't imagine have to wait 6 months for my license to go through. Been sitting here for 5 weeks now trying to decide between the H&K SFP9 or the S&W M&P 2.0 Not sure what I will have decided by the time it's approved or even what the range will have in stock by then.

Mike

I myself already ordered a XDM 5.25 9mm and plan on getting a M&P 2.0 5” FDE 40 cal. Following up with a 1911, an AR15. Still reading/deciding how to go about the last two.

Just hoping things go through before summers toast and we can’t access the outdoor ranges anymore without freezing to death haha. I’d be more optimistic but when your 130 days into a 45day application. You just accept that it’ll get done when they have time. I know my CFO office has great people working there but I fear there’s not nearly enough of them for the current workload.

BgDM
05-24-2018, 05:43 AM
Just got charged on my CC and is in initial processing! Shouldn't be long now!

coucou
05-24-2018, 05:35 PM
pretty good.
Mine, they received it on 19th april. still nothing on line.

YoungestPiperCub
05-25-2018, 06:27 AM
Hope this helps for anyone - Ontario RPAL

Here is my final update for Ontario

Mar 15 - Hear about new gun control bill coming - Decide to do my RPal (Have PAL already)
Mar 18 - Complete restricted Pal course (Test needs to go for stamping)
Mar 21 - Priority mailed application and photo to Miramichi
Mar 23 - Delivered with signature (DAY 0)
Mar 29 - Test Stamped and mailed back (date on test)
April 03 - Test arrives back from stamping (Ontario)
April 04 - Called to ask where to send in stamped test. Told application not in system. Given fax number (Day 12)
April 23 - Called again to check about faxing, told not in system should be soon call in 2 weeks if not online (Day 31)
April 25 - Shows up online, Credit Card Charged - Called and faxed/emailed in report (Day 33)
April 26 - Emailed that form was added. Online changed to completed initial now in progress. (Day 34)
April 27 - Called to ask if anything was needed. Told its waiting for photo scan. (Day 35)
April 30 - Called again to ask status. Waiting for photo scan then CFO for approval (Day 38)
May 02 - Called to ask status and if interview was ready. Was told this no longer is a requirement and they would contact me if needed. Lady was extremely helpful and explained/ answered a lot of questions. Current photo scans take 7-12 days generally but can be up to 2 weeks. After that it goes to CFO office of your province. Ontario has been quick but she mentioned they are getting busier (My guess has to do with clearing restricted transfers.) Sometimes that can be quick with no issues on application (few days) sometimes it can take up to 12 weeks. She recommended calling in 7 days to verify the photo scan was complete and hopefully license was issued. One interesting point she made, once the new card is approved that old one is no longer valid. So for that time she recommended not using the old card for anything or going shooting for those days while the new card is in the mail. (Day 40)
May 04 - Called in to ask status. Still waiting for photo scan. (Day 42)
May 08 - Called in to ask status at 4:30pm. Still waiting for photo scan told it can be 45 days at CFO office. (Day 46)
May 09 - 7:30 am "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued" (Day 47)
May 10 - Called to ask for license number and expiry. Was told the application was approved but not mailed yet. (Day 48)
May 14 - Called and told license had mailed. Got new PAL number and expiration. Called LGS to start transfers (Day 52)
May 15 - License Arrives (Day 53)
May 15 - Transfers Approved.
May 17 - Pickup Restricted at post office
May 22 - New license with ATTs arrives
May 25 - Reg Papers Arrives - RANGE TIME

mrg372k9
05-25-2018, 06:35 AM
I'm on day 21 of my renewal, a few days ago note came from the mounties reminding me to renew and to disregard the note if I had already done so.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

coucou
05-25-2018, 08:56 AM
pretty good.
Mine, they received it on 19th april. still nothing on line.

I called them this morning, they told me that my application is not opened ,not yet. told me to call them in 2 weeks.

BgDM
05-25-2018, 11:24 AM
@coucou - Mine was sent in and received around Apr. 16-18. So pretty much right at the 28 day mark it is now in the initial processing. They would be correct then in saying wait another 1-2 weeks.

coucou
05-25-2018, 01:42 PM
@coucou - Mine was sent in and received around Apr. 16-18. So pretty much right at the 28 day mark it is now in the initial processing. They would be correct then in saying wait another 1-2 weeks.
Your case is pretty good. Well, maybe different province, different timeline. I'm in montreal.
Anyway I hope next week it'll be shown on line. nothing to do just wait and wait......

Niklasky
05-25-2018, 02:31 PM

Are you saying the 28 day waiting period is in working days and not calendar days ?

Whiteannerdy
05-25-2018, 10:56 PM
In my case they charged my CC on the 28th day. That included weekends.

Day 136 and counting...

coucou
05-27-2018, 08:52 AM
one of my reference is gonna take a vacation next week. If they call him at that time, is there any problem with my case?

Whiteannerdy
05-27-2018, 09:40 AM
one of my reference is gonna take a vacation next week. If they call him at that time, is there any problem with my case?

That’s IF they call for reference. They’re backed up good at many CFO offices.

BgDM
05-28-2018, 06:00 AM
@Niklasky- 28 days total. Not working days.

IJ22
05-28-2018, 09:40 AM

Call them and get your application number, then your reference can call them.

Whiteannerdy
05-29-2018, 09:41 PM
Call them and get your application number, then your reference can call them.

Doesn’t work that way anymore. Tried this.

Niklasky
05-30-2018, 08:15 AM
How so ? Can you be specific about the answers you got from the RCMP ?

They usually ask you to tell your references to call in. What changed ?

Mr Singh
05-30-2018, 04:55 PM
How so ? Can you be specific about the answers you got from the RCMP ?

They usually ask you to tell your references to call in. What changed ?

You can call them and ask if there is anything missing or if they any information but you cannot make your references call them until they ask for.

My references were not called. Neither they contacted me. I got my new license in 45 days.

Best is to wait and call every 3 days to get an update. No point making references call them . They might not even need it.

Niklasky
05-30-2018, 05:03 PM
You can call them and ask if there is anything missing or if they any information but you cannot make your references call them until they ask for.

My references were not called. Neither they contacted me. I got my new license in 45 days.

Best is to wait and call every 3 days to get an update. No point making references call them . They might not even need it.

Oh I fully agree with you. No point asking your references to call before the RCMP has told you it was time.

But once your file has passed initial stages and is in process, it's pretty safe to ask them for it.

Mr Singh
05-30-2018, 05:07 PM
Oh I fully agree with you. No point asking your references to call before the RCMP has told you it was time.

But once your file has passed initial stages and is in process, it's pretty safe to ask them for it.

Yeah. I called them twice after status changed to in progress. Both times I was told that my pictures was sent out for scanning. I was hesitant to ask if they need my references to call in. But I did not bother because they din't say anything either. Next thing I know my license was approved.

Niklasky
05-30-2018, 05:11 PM
Yeah. I called them twice after status changed to in progress. Both times I was told that my pictures was sent out for scanning. I was hesitant to ask if they need my references to call in. But I did not bother because they din't say anything either. Next thing I know my license was approved.

You are lucky. I'm 5 weeks in and still nothing on the RCMP website.

Mr Singh
05-30-2018, 05:17 PM
You are lucky. I'm 5 weeks in and still nothing on the RCMP website.

Have you contacted them yet? I called them exactly after 28 days were over and it appeared the next day. Could be pure coincidence.

Niklasky
05-30-2018, 05:56 PM
Yeah I called them. They said my file had not been entered in the system yet, and to call back in a week.

coucou
05-31-2018, 12:27 PM
Yeah I called them. They said my file had not been entered in the system yet, and to call back in a week.
same.
5,6 weeks and nothing on line:(

Niklasky
05-31-2018, 01:00 PM
Just called them a few minutes ago. Still nothing in their system. My credit card has not been charged yet.

The guy on the phone said to call back in a few days.

coucou
05-31-2018, 01:55 PM
Just called them a few minutes ago. Still nothing in their system. My credit card has not been charged yet.

The guy on the phone said to call back in a few days.
I called them at 15:00, the same answer.

Mr Singh
05-31-2018, 02:29 PM
I called them at 15:00, the same answer.

Even after you get the license, its about another 2-3 weeks before you can shoot your restricted firearm lol. The transfer period and registration certificate arrival time can be almost 3 weeks. I was so happy to get my license in 45 days but had to wait another 3 weeks before taking to the range. I think with Non- restricted you can buy and shoot right away.

coucou
06-01-2018, 08:51 AM
Today:completed initial processing. It is now in progress

Niklasky
06-01-2018, 11:19 AM
Today:completed initial processing. It is now in progress

So they received it on April 19th and it popped up online on June 1st.

Mine they received it on April 25th so I should expect to see it appear online sometime next week...

So much for the 45 days processing time...

BgDM
06-01-2018, 11:25 AM
So much for the 45 days processing time...

It's 28 days from when they receive to start initial processing. Then add another 17 plus days until it finally gets approved. So they try and take 45 days to get it completed, but usually it is a bit longer, depending on backlog.

Niklasky
06-01-2018, 01:14 PM
It's 28 days from when they receive to start initial processing. Then add another 17 plus days until it finally gets approved. So they try and take 45 days to get it completed, but usually it is a bit longer, depending on backlog.

Well I'm at 36 days and still nothing on the website or when I call them.

So we're 8 days after the 28 day period and initial processing has not started.

I still don't understand why they can't have the website updated earlier to show that the application has been received.

Whiteannerdy
06-02-2018, 09:31 AM
My timeline so far

Jan 9th they received it
Feb 5th card charged (28th day)
Feb 28th completed initial process, now in progress (50th day)

No change to date. Now on day 144 (94 days “in progress”)

It just takes time I guess.

SW_MP20
06-03-2018, 08:00 AM
My timeline,

Mailed April 10th, registered mail.
Arrived in NB April 12.
In progress May 21st.
Approved May 31 and said to expect in the mail within 2 weeks.

Then never did contact my references however I did go through an intense RCMP security check in November of 2017 for my work so perhaps they thought I had been raked over the coals enough. No criminal history either so I imagine that helped.

srdiver
06-03-2018, 04:53 PM
mine too april 19th - says initial processing blah blah - 45 days blah blah

Niklasky
06-04-2018, 07:10 AM
40 days since registered letter was received in Miramichi. Still nothing on the website nor when I call them.

My credit card also still has not been charged...

I will give them a call on Wednesday to see if anything has happened. It will be 6 weeks exactly since the application was received by the RCMP in Miramichi.

Niklasky
06-04-2018, 10:25 AM
Some news just now.

I just received an email notification that my credit card was charged $80 so I checked the RCMP website and my application finally shows up as having completed initial processing (whatever that means) and is now in progress.

The application was received on April 25th, 40 days ago.

The wait continues, but let's hope the next stages in the process go quickly to catch up and deliver within the average timeline of 45 days.

coucou
06-04-2018, 01:49 PM
Some news just now.

I just received an email notification that my credit card was charged $80 so I checked the RCMP website and my application finally shows up as having completed initial processing (whatever that means) and is now in progress.

The application was received on April 25th, 40 days ago.

The wait continues, but let's hope the next stages in the process go quickly to catch up and deliver within the average timeline of 45 days.

Call them twice a week.

Niklasky
06-04-2018, 02:11 PM
Call them twice a week.

Did you call them after your application showed up online ? What do they do next ?

coucou
06-04-2018, 02:36 PM
Did you call them after your application showed up online ? What do they do next ?

Not yet. I’ll call them from next week. it’ll be 10 days on IP next week.

Niklasky
06-05-2018, 10:38 AM
Not yet. I’ll call them from next week. it’ll be 10 days on IP next week.

I'm calling them tomorrow. I'll ask them if my references can call, if that is still required.

Hopefully it goes quickly from there.

Niklasky
06-06-2018, 12:31 PM
So I called the RCMP just now. Spoke to a nice lady. I've called them 3 times so far, and every time the person I spoke to was nice and helpful, I can't stress that enough.

The lady told me that my PAL/RPAL application is in progress, that there is nothing missing, and they have sent my picture for scanning. She said it can take over a week to get the picture scan done.

I asked if my references could call in, and the lady explained that this is no longer required. She said that once the application is sent to the Ontario CFO (after the picture scan is done), they may call my references, if they feel the need to do so. She said to call back in a week for an update.

The way I understand this process is that the RCMP just receives your application, checks for completeness, takes your money, scans the picture, then sends the whole package to the provincial CFO for review and approval. Why the CFO needs to approve this and not directly the RCMP, I'm not sure why. The Canadian Firearms Program, the safety training and PAL process is a federal mandate by law, so I don't really understand why it has to go the provincial level for approval.

My application process so far (Ontario) :

CFSC/CRFSC course : March 21-22
Stamped test results received from FSESO :3 weeks later
PAL/RPAL application sent to RCMP Miramichi : April 23rd
Application received in Miramichi : April 25th (Day 1)
RCMP charges $80 on my credit card : June 4th (Day 40)
Application appears on the RCMP website (in progress) : June 4th
June 6th (Day 42) : Informed that application in complete and picture has been sent for scanning. It will then be forwarded to CFO for approval. Told to call back in a week.

coucou
06-06-2018, 04:52 PM
So I called the RCMP just now. Spoke to a nice lady. I've called them 3 times so far, and every time the person I spoke to was nice and helpful, I can't stress that enough.

The lady told me that my PAL/RPAL application is in progress, that there is nothing missing, and they have sent my picture for scanning. She said it can take over a week to get the picture scan done.

I asked if my references could call in, and the lady explained that this is no longer required. She said that once the application is sent to the Ontario CFO (after the picture scan is done), they may call my references, if they feel the need to do so. She said to call back in a week for an update.

The way I understand this process is that the RCMP just receives your application, checks for completeness, takes your money, scans the picture, then sends the whole package to the provincial CFO for review and approval. Why the CFO needs to approve this and not directly the RCMP, I'm not sure why. The Canadian Firearms Program, the safety training and PAL process is a federal mandate by law, so I don't really understand why it has to go the provincial level for approval.

My application process so far (Ontario) :

CFSC/CRFSC course : March 21-22
Stamped test results received from FSESO :3 weeks later
PAL/RPAL application sent to RCMP Miramichi : April 23rd
Application received in Miramichi : April 25th (Day 1)
RCMP charges $80 on my credit card : June 4th (Day 40)
Application appears on the RCMP website (in progress) : June 4th
June 6th (Day 42) : Informed that application in complete and picture has been sent for scanning. It will then be forwarded to CFO for approval. Told to call back in a week.
So thats mean the timelines depends on CFO, not on RCMP. Continue waiting......

Niklasky
06-06-2018, 05:09 PM
So thats mean the timelines depends on CFO, not on RCMP. Continue waiting......

Absolutely. The way I see it, the RCMP in Miramichi just does the admin work of checking for completeness, compiling files, payment and scanning.

The CFO does the review, reference checks and approval.

Why this process has to involve two agencies at federal and provincial levels is beyond my comprehension.

coucou
06-06-2018, 06:29 PM
Absolutely. The way I see it, the RCMP in Miramichi just does the admin work of checking for completeness, compiling files, payment and scanning.

The CFO does the review, reference checks and approval.

Why this process has to involve two agencies at federal and provincial levels is beyond my comprehension.

45 days just for admin work......
sounds now we count from 0

srdiver
06-06-2018, 08:13 PM
just liked it up on the site and said license issued and to contact them if not recieved in 2 weeks

srdiver
06-06-2018, 08:15 PM
mine too april 19th - says initial processing blah blah - 45 days blah blah

just checked on line and says license issued and contact in two weeks if not received

Whiteannerdy
06-06-2018, 11:30 PM
45 days just for admin work......
sounds now we count from 0

My CFO has had the paperwork on his desk for 99 days now. That’s after it took 50 days to get to him.

Also like above, everyone I’ve spoken to through this process has been very polite and was helpful so far. Including my CFO officer. Which I know he’s been away from the office a bit the last month or so. Which I can’t even be upset about cause we all get holidays and anyone knows that workload can pile up right before holidays. Unfortunately once you’re assigned a CFO, they must be the one to complete it once they start it. So in some cases, we may be waiting out the application while they take holidays.

coucou
06-07-2018, 08:17 AM
I called this morning. told that everything's ok , they gonna scan the photo and next step the case will be on the desk of CFO. Exactly like what you said, the job is just beginning... issued maybe tomorrow maybe in several months, no one knows. all depend on CFO. hope I can have it b4 july.

Niklasky
06-07-2018, 08:29 AM
My CFO has had the paperwork on his desk for 99 days now. That’s after it took 50 days to get to him.

Also like above, everyone I’ve spoken to through this process has been very polite and was helpful so far. Including my CFO officer. Which I know he’s been away from the office a bit the last month or so. Which I can’t even be upset about cause we all get holidays and anyone knows that workload can pile up right before holidays. Unfortunately once you’re assigned a CFO, they must be the one to complete it once they start it. So in some cases, we may be waiting out the application while they take holidays.

What province are you applying from ? Did you check any yes boxes ?

Whiteannerdy
06-07-2018, 05:00 PM
What province are you applying from ? Did you check any yes boxes ?

Sask. only Yes was a divorce but she also signed off on everything. She had no concerns with this as I’ve been licensed since before we met.

BgDM
06-08-2018, 06:16 AM
WOOHOO!!!! Licence has been issued as of today!

Timeline:

Received: 04/17/18
Initial Processing: 05/24/18
Issued: 06/07/18

51 days total.

coucou
06-08-2018, 06:49 AM
WOOHOO!!!! Licence has been issued as of today!

Timeline:

Received: 04/17/18
Initial Processing: 05/24/18
Issued: 06/07/18

51 days total.

Great, Hope mine will arrive next week.

Niklasky
06-11-2018, 07:00 AM
A new week begins, and new hopes.

I'm hoping for some good news this week ! With a bit of luck, I'll have my PAL in hand before the end of June. Fingers crossed...!

coucou
06-11-2018, 07:13 PM
A new week begins, and new hopes.

I'm hoping for some good news this week ! With a bit of luck, I'll have my PAL in hand before the end of June. Fingers crossed...!

yup, hope the CFO can finish it this week.

Niklasky
06-12-2018, 05:14 PM
Shopping time !!!! :bananna:

Application Received on: 2018-04-25

Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)

Niklasky
06-12-2018, 05:45 PM
Summary of my timeline (Ontario - GTA) :

- CFSC-CRFSC Course : March 21-22
- Application sent via register mail : April 23rd
- Application received by RCMP : April 25th - DAY 1
- Application shows up online (initial processing) : June 4th - DAY 40
- License issued : June 12th - DAY 48

Total timeline since CFSC-CRFSC courses taken = 81 days or 2 months and 20 days.

Answered NO to all questions. No interview and no references were called.

coucou
06-12-2018, 06:50 PM
Summary of my timeline (Ontario - GTA) :

- CFSC-CRFSC Course : March 21-22
- Application sent via register mail : April 23rd
- Application received by RCMP : April 25th - DAY 1
- Application shows up online (initial processing) : June 4th - DAY 40
- License issued : June 12th - DAY 48

Total timeline since CFSC-CRFSC courses taken = 81 days or 2 months and 20 days.

Answered NO to all questions. No interview and no references were called.

wow,great,im still waiting.

Niklasky
06-12-2018, 07:02 PM
wow,great,im still waiting.

Patience. Ça ne sera plus bien long...

coucou
06-12-2018, 07:10 PM
Patience. Ça ne sera plus bien long...

all depend on my CFO......different province, different speed.

Whiteannerdy
06-12-2018, 10:48 PM
Finally approved. Summary of progress not including call ins for what’s going on.

Day 1 - Received application Jan 9th
Day 28 - Card billed Feb 5th
Day 51 - Status updated too “completed initial processing. It is now in progress” Feb 28th
Day 74 - Called my local CFO office for their fax number to send over renewed club and range memberships. March 23rd.
Day 107 - Contacted by my CFO to setup an interview. April 25th.
Day 108 - Interview about divorce situation on my application. April 26th.
Day 155 - Application approved. June 12th.

No references called, but I did make 11 phone calls. Now just waiting for my updated card so I can initiate the transfer of my first pistol. Few more weeks of waiting for the transfer, shipment of pistol and registration of pistol before I’m at the range.

coucou
06-13-2018, 02:50 PM
still nothing change today.

coucou
06-14-2018, 03:19 PM
Nothing change today...is my cfo on vacation...

Niklasky
06-14-2018, 03:55 PM
Nothing change today...is my cfo on vacation...

Call the hotline to get an update.

coucou
06-15-2018, 01:15 PM
Call the hotline to get an update.

I called Quebec cfo, issued now. sounds they are waiting for my call, hahaha.
Shopping time ,oh yeah

Niklasky
06-15-2018, 02:51 PM
Congrats !

BgDM
06-19-2018, 06:02 AM
Shopping time ,oh yeah

That's my plan this weekend too! Mine came in the mail yesterday.

Niklasky
06-19-2018, 06:11 AM
I'm waiting for mine to arrive in the mail shortly (it was issued last Tuesday).

Then I'll go shopping. I'm trying to pre-order the FX-9.

Sinbad
06-19-2018, 10:31 AM
My kid's took almost a year.

Stryker811
06-19-2018, 11:46 AM
I'm waiting for mine to arrive in the mail shortly (it was issued last Tuesday).

Then I'll go shopping. I'm trying to pre-order the FX-9.

Same here, license was issued last friday. And the FX-9 is also on my list. Other than that, a good turkey shotgun will get me started.

coucou
06-19-2018, 01:48 PM
Same here, license was issued last friday. And the FX-9 is also on my list. Other than that, a good turkey shotgun will get me started.

shopping online, much more cheaper, especially on those websites with low provincial tax rates.

Niklasky
06-19-2018, 02:54 PM
So i just received my PAL today. It's valid until 2024, so that's nice.

It says on the card that standard conditions are attached to the license, so I'm not sure why I should also carry around the piece of paper that came with it as there are no special conditions or any other information on there...

Anyway, I'm happy.

Good luck to all those still waiting.

BgDM
06-20-2018, 05:53 AM
It says on the card that standard conditions are attached to the license

It's just the notation on the back of the card that says what you are allowed to posses and acquire, i.e. restricted or non. You don't need to have the paperwork with you. But keep it in a safe place anyway.

Niklasky
06-20-2018, 06:29 AM
The strange thing is that it says on the letter that a LEO may ask to see both. But the piece of paper doesn't have any more info than the card as I have standard conditions.

The card is easy to carry in a wallet, but the paper...

Mr Singh
06-26-2018, 01:04 PM
The strange thing is that it says on the letter that a LEO may ask to see both. But the piece of paper doesn't have any more info than the card as I have standard conditions.

Once you are a member of any gun range, provide the range membership information to the CFO. You will get a new license that will have standard condition written on the back. That way you do not need to carry the paper with you. In simple words your LATT is attached to the license.

agileaks
06-27-2018, 11:05 AM
My Timeline so far…Ontario

04/20 - completed non-restricted course
05/20 - received test results
05/24 - Signed for at Mirimichi
06/27 - Application showed up online

Formidable22
07-12-2018, 10:08 AM
How long does an RPAL application typically take once it gets to the Ontario CFO?

I mailed mine in to Miramichi mid May, and they got it a week later. Showed up on the website "received June 26th" and status: processing. A couple days later it changed to "Current Status: You have been or will soon be contacted about your application. If you require more information immediately please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)" I called that number and they confirmed the application was sent to the CFO office of my province.

I've read here and elsewhere that some people got their interviews a few days after this change and its been about 3 weeks for me now. I'm a bit concerned as I am leaving the country in early August and am gone for a month, and won't have the phone that I put on the application on me. What do?

BgDM
07-12-2018, 02:08 PM
I'm a bit concerned as I am leaving the country in early August and am gone for a month, and won't have the phone that I put on the application on me. What do?

Call them back and let them know when you will not be available. Best thing to do.

agileaks
07-16-2018, 02:56 PM
My Timeline so far…Ontario

04/20 - completed non-restricted course
05/20 - received test results
05/24 - Signed for at Mirimichi
06/27 - Application showed up online

Licence Issued, should be in the mail now!

Took about 50+ days total from when they signed it in Mirimichi

soulchaser
07-19-2018, 10:45 AM

If you cut across the paper just above where it says "CONDITIONS - POSSESSION AND ACCUISITION" and again just below "Canada" on the bottom, trim the sides and fold it correctly, you will have a little sheath your card will slide right into.

Helps protect the card from scratches from being repeatedly removed from and put in the wallet.

soulchaser
07-19-2018, 10:49 AM
How long does an RPAL application typically take once it gets to the Ontario CFO?

I mailed mine in to Miramichi mid May, and they got it a week later. Showed up on the website "received June 26th" and status: processing. A couple days later it changed to "Current Status: You have been or will soon be contacted about your application. If you require more information immediately please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)" I called that number and they confirmed the application was sent to the CFO office of my province.

I've read here and elsewhere that some people got their interviews a few days after this change and its been about 3 weeks for me now. I'm a bit concerned as I am leaving the country in early August and am gone for a month, and won't have the phone that I put on the application on me. What do?

Call them. They may do your interview right then.

Greglc
07-20-2018, 07:53 AM
Wife received her first pal, 51 days from when they signed for it.

sharad99088
07-25-2018, 02:14 PM
14th April 2018 - Took RCMP Non restricted course
05th May 2018 - Received my exam results
17th May 2018 - Mailed my completed application to Miramichi ( by ordinary canada post.. no tracking info)
23rd May 2018 - Application received
28th June 2018 - CC charged. Called RCMP and they said all documents are OK.
Status changed to: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

Finally on 28th July 2018 - status changed to License issued. Waiting to receive the same.

No Reference were called.

Good Luck everyone

Searching Hint: While searching application status if you are unable to find it then enter the city of birth as city/Province name as Vancouver/British Columbia, rather than just entering Vancouver. Its case sensitive so try all combinations.

the_morbidus
07-27-2018, 09:54 PM
Hello, I sent in my application for the RPal here in Ontario a couple of weeks ago, but I am heading on vacation in 3 weeks for a period of 2 weeks, and the 2 people I had as references (my 2 brothers) are also going on vacation with me. I'm worried they will try to get in contact with us but we won't be in Canada and my application might be dropped or pushed further back. Anyone experienced something like that before? Should I call the RCMP before I leave the country?

Greglc
07-28-2018, 07:34 AM
It may be worth a call, they did call both my references, one didn't answer as he didn't recognize #, so held it up till I eventually called and they said they couldn't get ahold of one of them, I had to call him and tell him to answer.

the_morbidus
07-29-2018, 05:26 PM
Thanks Greglc, I'll call the RCMP this week and explain the situation.

Fuddislav
08-25-2018, 06:33 PM
I disclosed my anxiety disorder on my application, which I have been successfully treated for. I gave contact information for my Dr and therapist, but does anyone know if they request written releases?

First_timer
11-03-2018, 07:22 AM
14th April 2018 - Took RCMP Non restricted course
05th May 2018 - Received my exam results
17th May 2018 - Mailed my completed application to Miramichi ( by ordinary canada post.. no tracking info)
23rd May 2018 - Application received
28th June 2018 - CC charged. Called RCMP and they said all documents are OK.
Status changed to: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

Finally on 28th July 2018 - status changed to License issued. Waiting to receive the same.

No Reference were called.

Good Luck everyone

Searching Hint: While searching application status if you are unable to find it then enter the city of birth as city/Province name as Vancouver/British Columbia, rather than just entering Vancouver. Its case sensitive so try all combinations.

Best hint ever.....thanks :Beer time:

Adam X
11-05-2018, 09:02 PM
I disclosed my anxiety disorder on my application

So, what happened finally ?

Adam X
11-05-2018, 09:08 PM
From my experience I find its always good to call them up after 4-6 weeks if all you see is that the application in progress. When you call them it brings up your application and if they see its been 6 weeks since you filed, they jump right on it to get it done asap. In my case, I called after 6 weeks asking to know the status. The same day they called both by references and issued the License the same day.

A friend of mine also called to know the status, and same thing. references called , License issued.

TJSpeller
11-05-2018, 09:44 PM
My daughter got her PAL/RPAL right on schedule, about 6 or 7 weeks after mailing in her documentation.

Now I need to transfer some restricteds into her name so that she is on record as being an owner and can be grandfathered when the bans come.

Fuddislav
11-07-2018, 01:11 AM
So, what happened finally ?

Still waiting. 81 days in.

Last time I checked in they said they were busy and that waits of around 90 days wasn't unusual.

that.canadian.redneck
11-21-2018, 09:06 PM
Alberta Rpal

I just received my Rpal In the mail.

Rpal course completed. 09/31/18
Signed for by cfo in miramishi. 10/04/18
Initial processing. 11/02/18
Approved. 11/07/18
Delivered.* 11/20/18

Keep in mind I had my pal already it was just a upgrade but still goes threw as a new application.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

toysareforboys
11-22-2018, 11:27 PM
My Ontario PAL/RPAL timeline :)

August 31,2018 - My 10 year gun ban expired

Sept 15/16 - Took the CFSC/CRFSC courses with guns.to (for the second time)

Sept 23 - Received the CFSC/CRFSC test results/paperwork back from the course

Sept 26 at 1:46pm - Mailed PAL/RPAL application with supporting documents and letter explaining why I had to answer (http://ecuflashking.com/PAL_firearm_letter.png) "yes" to question 16. C) “During the past five (5) years, have you or any member of your household been prohibited from possessing any firearm?”

Sept 28 at 2:26pm - Canada Post tracking shows application received at MIRAMICHI, NB

Oct 29 - Online PAL application status updated to "processing your application"

Nov 13 (46 days since they received my application) - Status still "processing" so called firearms center, they said it's been processed and is now with the CFO for approval. They suggested I NOT call and harass the CFO.

Nov 20 - Status still "processing" so I call the CFO. He looks over my application and says my PAL is denied because CPIC says my gun ban expires in 2021. I explain that that's impossible, all my court stuff was finished in 2008, if it's a 10 year ban, can't be until 2021. I have the $55 RCMP criminal record check printed out, shows expiry August 31, 2018, are you sure? Want me to send it to you? He says he'll look into it. Calls me about an hour later and says I was right, CPIC was wrong. Good thing I called. Boom, license issued (http://ecuflashking.com/pal_license_issued.png). No references called. Said he would update CPIC in case I get pulled over with guns in the car and it shows up I'm not allowed to have them, could go real bad if that happened.

He told me my license number and expiry date but I don't want to start ordering guns online incase they start showing up before my card does, damn Canada Post strike :( Now I wait.

-Jamie M.

Aniest
03-27-2019, 02:41 PM
Said he would update CPIC in case I get pulled over with guns in the car and it shows up I'm not allowed to have them, could go real bad if that happened.

Welcome back to the sport.

Roland Deschain
03-31-2019, 05:30 PM
Had my pal for years, expired 4 years ago, (kids, wife, work). Signed up for the RPAL course in a couple weeks. Not looking forward to the wait.

I guess there is nothing to be done to speed up the registration process? I’m looking for a cz shadow 2 in black, and my local dealer only has the 2 tone one in stock.

xeronine
04-01-2019, 11:54 AM
Silly question but do you need to do the course over again? I just assumed the course was a one time deal.

Roland Deschain
04-01-2019, 11:59 AM
Silly question but do you need to do the course over again? I just assumed the course was a one time deal.

Not silly. I called the cfo and he said no. Do the restricted bit and check both pal and RPAL on the application

xeronine
04-04-2019, 07:51 AM
Not silly. I called the cfo and he said no. Do the restricted bit and check both pal and RPAL on the application

Ohh my mistake, I was thinking you were taking post CFSC and CRFSC (I think because you said your license expired). Not that I plan on letting mine lapse, even if I haven't taken them out for any length of time, it's good to know the safety course only needs to be taken once.

willis
04-05-2019, 06:57 AM
Renewed online 2019-03-28
I decided to be proactive, So, next day, on 2019-03-28 called the 1-800 number, asked if they would be requiring proof of Range Membership. Guy on the phone asked what Province I'm in, said yeah probably, gave me the e-mail address for, I assume, the CFO in Manitoba. Said email a pic of my range membership with Name, address, DOB, PAL #, and that they'd know what to do with it.

Checking status online every day and today 2019-04-05 ..............tada!

Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)

7 Days (including a weekend) ............. not too shabby!

xeronine
04-05-2019, 02:45 PM
My timeline for Ontario so far..

February 26th - CFSC
February 27th - CRFSC
March 1st - Application mailed (without course report)
March 6th - Application received in Miramichi
March 28th - Credit card charged
- Application in system, missing report
- Course report faxed
March 29th or April 1st - Application in progress

Called today and they said it was with the CFO but they wouldn’t tell me when it was sent there.

Hoping soon but I’m not too hopeful as I checked yes to 16d.

Roland Deschain
04-13-2019, 07:47 PM
Write my restricted test tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Roland Deschain
04-14-2019, 07:10 PM
Passed 96% written, 100% practical
Will be mailed tomorrow morning.

LASHA
11-24-2019, 05:56 PM
My file has been open since sep 5 2019. They told me month ago that it is in final stage with ontatio cfo. Still waiting with fingers crossed that i dont get denied.

toysareforboys
11-24-2019, 06:19 PM
My file has been open since sep 5 2019. They told me month ago that it is in final stage with ontatio cfo. Still waiting with fingers crossed that i dont get denied.Don't wait, call the CFO, they won't be mad, they'll do a quick interview, stamp, stamp, mail! DONE! Mine was sitting on the bottom of the pile after a few months, called, issued SAME DAY! Get her done.

-Jamie M.

LASHA
11-24-2019, 06:22 PM
My Ontario PAL/RPAL timeline :)

Sept 15/16 - Took the CFSC/CRFSC courses with guns.to (for the second time)

Sept 23 - Received the CFSC/CRFSC test results/paperwork back from the course

Sept 26 at 1:46pm - Mailed PAL/RPAL application with supporting documents and letter explaining why I had to answer (http://ecuflashking.com/PAL_firearm_letter.png) "yes" to question 16. C) “During the past five (5) years, have you or any member of your household been prohibited from possessing any firearm?”

Sept 28 at 2:26pm - Canada Post tracking shows application received at MIRAMICHI, NB

Oct 29 - Online PAL application status updated to "processing your application"

Nov 13 (46 days since they received my application) - Status still "processing" so called firearms center, they said it's been processed and is now with the CFO for approval. They suggested I NOT call and harass the CFO.

Nov 20 - Status still "processing" so I call the CFO. He looks over my application and says my PAL is denied because CPIC says my gun ban expires in 2021. I explain that that's impossible, all my court stuff was finished in 2008, if it's a 10 year ban, can't be until 2021. I have the $55 RCMP criminal record check printed out, shows expiry August 31, 2018, are you sure? Want me to send it to you? He says he'll look into it. Calls me about an hour later and says I was right, CPIC was wrong. Good thing I called. Boom, license issued (http://ecuflashking.com/pal_license_issued.png). No references called. Said he would update CPIC in case I get pulled over with guns in the car and it shows up I'm not allowed to have them, could go real bad if that happened.

He told me my license number and expiry date but I don't want to start ordering guns online incase they start showing up before my card does, damn Canada Post strike :( Now I wait.

-Jamie M.

Hey there. I have a record of theft under 5k and charges withdrawn. Sep 19 my aplication showed up online and since then it says the same. It is now with Ontario cfo. When i call they tell me to call back in couple of weeks.
Thanks

LASHA
11-24-2019, 06:23 PM
Yes i will call them tomorrow. i do have a record of theft under 5k but charges withdrawn i dont know if that plays any role in holding it back...
Thanks

LASHA
11-24-2019, 06:26 PM
Yes