PDA

View Full Version : CCFR Update Thread!

CivilAdvantage
11-03-2015, 06:02 PM
Hey Everyone,
Quick update: We have had a great first week of membership sales. We don't have as many as I would have liked but it's only been a week. Although, there have been a good flow of donations. We have enough capital to execute phase one of our public outreach campaign. This will be unprecedented.

We have begun planning on our media project for phase one and should be going to production in 7 to 10 days. I think we will meet my personal deadline of 60 days from launch. I think it's going to be great. Our materials will be original production paid video ad's on YouTube, on Facebook, Twitter and more. These will be highly targeted communications. At that point, I'm hoping those who are sitting on the fence will know we mean business and join us. Our website will be expanded as part of this educational effort as well. There will be lots of tools available for our community to attract positive attention from any non-gun owning person in your life.

We are about a week away from finalizing our volunteer structure, which is a ton of work. This is an infrastructure that allows us to organize where people and their unique talents fit in to this group and how they can help. It's hard to just say "come volunteer" then someone says "sure, what do you want me to do?" And we go "I don't know, call this guy." Soon we will be expanding the volunteer section of the website (a week or so) to accommodate this.

We will have brochures in the next two or so weeks. We have designs and are finalizing them, we have the budget to pay for them also! Swag is being done as well. This will be completely outsourced but coordinated by volunteers. this will be a few weeks off yet.

There is more than this going on but I think you guys needed an update. I'm very grateful for all your support both by becoming members and for staying positive and excited for something different. Here's hoping we can thrive in the next few years!

Rod.

Edenchef
11-03-2015, 06:11 PM
Great news, Rod. I look forward to hearing about what I can do for the cause. :bananna:

Mr.Crumbz
11-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Keep up the good work!

mavrik9
11-03-2015, 06:34 PM
As soon as I can I will be joining. And may I suggest BC Textile Innovations for your swag, they are very reasonably priced and great to deal with.

greywolf67nt
11-03-2015, 06:58 PM
A printable PDF or Word format for your brochures would be a great idea. That would allow folks like me in the middle of nowhere to spread the word.

FALover
11-03-2015, 07:44 PM
Dealing with some Canadian firearm owners has to be one of the most thankless jobs I can imagine. How many would buy a 24 of beer, tickets to the Leafs, maybe even a some of Justine's ''legal'' bud instead of trying to get organized into a force to be reckoned with. Let someone else deal with it may as well be their battlecry. Anyways......waiting for my card!!

speedloader
11-03-2015, 07:49 PM
Great news Rod thanks for the update

hercster
11-03-2015, 08:03 PM
I had an idea I meant to offer up. Business cards are pretty cheap. How about sending all new members a business card type of hand out. it would have the logo, the website address and maybe the email address for membership purposes. So say you send every new member 10-20 of these cards. I'd bet they would be handed out in just a week or two. I know I would take mine to my clubs and hand them out at matches. The cost would be minimal and you would be relatively assured they would be handed out to decent prospects. A brochure is clunky and most find their way to the round file cabinet in a very short time. Business type cards will be pocketed and pursed and most important passed out and quickly.

Coke
11-03-2015, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the update Rod. I eagerly await more good news...

CivilAdvantage
11-04-2015, 12:53 AM
Great news, Rod. I look forward to hearing about what I can do for the cause. :bananna:

You can count on it.

CivilAdvantage
11-04-2015, 12:56 AM
I had an idea I meant to offer up. Business cards are pretty cheap. How about sending all new members a business card type of hand out. it would have the logo, the website address and maybe the email address for membership purposes. So say you send every new member 10-20 of these cards. I'd bet they would be handed out in just a week or two. I know I would take mine to my clubs and hand them out at matches. The cost would be minimal and you would be relatively assured they would be handed out to decent prospects. A brochure is clunky and most find their way to the round file cabinet in a very short time. Business type cards will be pocketed and pursed and most important passed out and quickly.

Excellent idea. I posted it in our Directors & Officers group. Thanks for that!

RangeBob
11-04-2015, 01:05 AM
Eventually, perhaps around the 60 day mark,
if you could create a single page PDF on your website that I could print and post on the bulletin board at my local range, with:
a) CCFR letterhead (name of org)
b) the website address (which in turn already has policies and membership stuff)
c) 20 words about what you do
d) and nothing else

It might pick up a couple extra members.

Zedbra
11-04-2015, 08:42 AM
I like the business card idea - I would certainly pass some around the range here in Squamish.

FlyingHigh
11-06-2015, 05:46 PM
Gonna be talking with the girlfriend tonight. We may get a family membership together. If not, I'll personally be getting the individual membership and legal defense insurance.

Either way, 1 for sure and maybe 2 memberships coming in tonight. :)

kennymo
11-06-2015, 06:31 PM
^^ Waiting for a bill payment to go through and I'll be joining you next week.

amolkapoor
11-06-2015, 10:15 PM
I might have a useful idea, have you considered partering up with charities that support better mental or physical health or maybe ones that work on socio-economic conditions? Might help us get quality but quiet almost-free outreach, position us as good guys(which I daresay most gunnies are) and focus public attention on real, solveable issues.

Been talking to a couple of people about this, thought I'd suggest it here. :)

Mark-II
11-07-2015, 12:10 AM
Electronic card too, formatted to cover an 8.5x11 sheet for those of us with laser printers and card stock