PDA

View Full Version : blind mag modification

cormiermc
06-28-2012, 03:48 AM
i own a 20 years old savage 110 in 7mm rem mag and love it. the only problem for me is the blind mag that force me to cycle the bolt each time to unload it. i know it can be modificate to floor plate or magazine but can't find info on this. can someone help please.

JustBen
06-28-2012, 08:13 AM
I see a couple of options here.

1. Find the correct factory bottom metal. You can either modify your stock, or buy a new one.

2. Modify another factory bottom metal to fit. There's a lot of bottom metal from Rem 700s floating around from the precision shooters who put their rigs into AI Chassis or the MDT TAC-21 rig. Mauser floorplate set ups are also cheap and there are a few kicking around.

3. Go aftermarket. Something like a "Kwik Klip" or other option. There will be some modifications needed to make it work.

You should measure the distance between the screw holes and see if anything else out there is close. A little bit of dremel work could save you quite a few bucks.

mlehto
06-28-2012, 08:25 AM
The older 110's came with blind mags had the magazine attached to the action, no?

If yours is like this I doubt it is worth it trying to mod.

I would sell your gun and just buy a new 111, with detachable mag. Shouldn't cost to much after selling your 110.

lone-wolf
06-28-2012, 09:08 AM
Well, I always thought with my stevens, I could order the magazine parts from savage for the conversion. I did it for a savage 64, never got around to doing it for my stevens.
That's for a detachable box magazine.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/savagefiles/manuals/manual_centerfire_rifles.pdf

road kill
06-30-2012, 08:58 AM
Two ways to go about this as i see it, first look for somebody selling a complete stock and hardware package or buy another rifle and sell your old one. Buying the parts individually will be costly.

lone-wolf
07-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Savage is usually pretty cheap for parts.

cormiermc
07-02-2012, 05:45 AM
thanks guys, i think i will see my gunsmith to see my option and i'll start from there. he is a savage part authorised dealer.