PDA

View Full Version : Fierce Firearms

d-gunner
11-17-2015, 07:31 AM
Hey guys!
i don't you if you ever heard about the new company in Canada named Fierce?
They make 4 models ; 2 with carbon fiber barrel and 2 with stainless steel barrel. Their barrels are made from Mcgowen and Bergara blanks, chamber and contour by them. It's a copy of the Sako 85 instead of the top of receiver who looks to be like remington. They make 30 different caliber from the 22-250 to the 416 rem mag.

To had their guns in hand few time, they have some feeding problem... Sako only make few caliber and have 6 different actions for them, but Fierce tried to reinvent the wheel with 4 actions... They have many feeding problems in their magnum caliber, the shell hit the scope or the rail and fall on the magasine and are not ejected. The carbon stocks are made by them, and are not same shape one after one. Rubberized coating is peeling very easily or scratching with your nail.

The positive point is they are very accurate, they come with a 1/2 MOA at 100 yds warranty , comes the target test of the firearm. They are pretty light too, from 5.75 pounds to 7 pounds.

Question is: Are you ready to spend between 2700$ to 4500$ depends of the options when you can buy you a tikka that can do same job, and to be more accurate just buy a Bartlein barrel or a proof barrel if you prefer Carbon , to upgrade it and have a wayy better gun ?!?

50 B.M.G.
11-17-2015, 10:00 AM
Same post as on the other forum.
Shill??????

FALover
11-17-2015, 10:12 AM
:confused1: ....ummmm? First post, welcome to the GOC forums.

Mark-II
11-17-2015, 10:15 AM
Same post as on the other forum.
Shill??????

A shill doesn't generally say bad things about their product. Unless he thinks by saying "don't buy this amazingly accurate but expensive and flawed gun" is going to make ppl run out and buy.

kennymo
11-17-2015, 10:40 AM
A shill doesn't generally say bad things about their product. Unless he thinks by saying "don't buy this amazingly accurate but expensive and flawed gun" is going to make ppl run out and buy.

This is the feeling I get....poor feeding, poor ejection, poor stocks, poor finishes, high price....doesn't sound too much like a sales pitch. And no, I have not previously heard of Fierce. Unless he comes out with a 'buy here for a better firearm', I'm going to have to say not a shill....

Mark-II
11-17-2015, 10:53 AM
it IS an odd first post

But then we have many odd people in our little community. Just like in any other :)

Foxer
11-17-2015, 11:33 AM
it IS an odd first post

But then we have many odd people in our little community. Just like in any other :)

Are you calling me fat? :)

I haven't even heard of this company. I take it they're relatively new? It's always nice to see a new canadian gun maker be successful, but it sounds like they've still got some bugs to work out.

50 B.M.G.
11-17-2015, 12:18 PM

I haven't even heard of this company. I take it they're relatively new? It's always nice to see a new canadian gun maker be successful, but it sounds like they've still got some bugs to work out.

There is ALOT of mystery and conflicting intel surrounding Fierce. How much actual Canadian content is questionable. The 1s I have seen reek of rebranded, modified Sako 85 actions, similar to what Christiansen does to 700s.

Mark-II
11-17-2015, 01:46 PM

No, you're just festively plump ;)

SIR VEYOR
11-18-2015, 09:13 AM
There is ALOT of mystery and conflicting intel surrounding Fierce. How much actual Canadian content is questionable. The 1s I have seen reek of rebranded, modified Sako 85 actions, similar to what Christiansen does to 700s.

Coming from a "boutique" Canadian company, this is speaking volumes....

Foxer
11-18-2015, 09:27 AM
No, you're just festively plump ;)

I am SO telling Santa on you. Enjoy your coal Festive-boy...

50 B.M.G.
11-18-2015, 10:26 AM
Coming from a "boutique" Canadian company, this is speaking volumes....

With the exception of parts like barrels and AR furniture, which we are wholly transparent about whose manufacturer we employ, absolutely everything that has the ATRS brand on it is made in-house. This is easy to substantiate. I am not saying fierce is not, but given that they appear to have popped up out of nowhere very recently and that their actions are dimension-ally identical to a Sako 85 right down to the screws being the same weird metric thread, pitch and length as what comprises a Sako 85, same plastic bit as well, lets just say I am skeptical that someone is not simply milling the top and side of an 85 and engraving what they wish on it.

This is common in the industry. A well known shop in northern BC has Defiance Machine in Montana make and brand their actions for said shop in BC.
Chey Tac rebrands Stiller actions. My bitch is that some of these types claim they are actually making the actions, yet they are in fact, not.

Foxer
11-18-2015, 11:10 AM
With the exception of parts like barrels and AR furniture, which we are wholly transparent about whose manufacturer we employ, absolutely everything that has the ATRS brand on it is made in-house. This is easy to substantiate. I am not saying fierce is not, but given that they appear to have popped up out of nowhere very recently and that their actions are dimension-ally identical to a Sako 85 right down to the screws being the same weird metric thread, pitch and length as what comprises a Sako 85, same plastic bit as well, lets just say I am skeptical that someone is not simply milling the top and side of an 85 and engraving what they wish on it.

This is common in the industry. A well known shop in northern BC has Defiance Machine in Montana make and brand their actions for said shop in BC.
Chey Tac rebrands Stiller actions. My bitch is that some of these types claim they are actually making the actions, yet they are in fact, not.
Ok - so just to clarify (this side of the gun world is less familiar to me) you're saying that it's ok for "dominion arms" to bring in the "grizzlie' and brand it thusly because there is no secret that it's a rebranded norinco 870 clone and they don't pretend otherwise so people know what theyr'e getting, but if a company suggests they are in-house manufacturing a significant portion of the components, but is in fact simply rebranding an existing product without significant modifications or enhancements then that is misleading and is of questionable ethic.

I can see that i guess.

50 B.M.G.
11-18-2015, 01:21 PM
Ok - so just to clarify (this side of the gun world is less familiar to me) you're saying that it's ok for "dominion arms" to bring in the "grizzlie' and brand it thusly because there is no secret that it's a rebranded norinco 870 clone and they don't pretend otherwise so people know what theyr'e getting, but if a company suggests they are in-house manufacturing a significant portion of the components, but is in fact simply rebranding an existing product without significant modifications or enhancements then that is misleading and is of questionable ethic.

I can see that i guess.

The only ethical problem is when a company is claiming to actually make something when in fact they are not. Rebranding is common in many industries, but it seems that there are some makers in the firearms industry that are less than transparent shall we say.

IF fierce is in fact buying sako 85 actions and then "improving" them with machining off the factory rail in favor of a bolt in place picatinny rail, why not yet tell folks the truth?

graz
11-21-2015, 09:27 AM
I might be missing something but I am not sure why anyone would expect to make sales if you are taking an existing and readily available rifle and your modifications don't really make any improvements.

If you solved a long standing feed issue, or installed a superior set of sights, or cut the weight down substantially, I could see a market. Simple clones aren't going to sell unless the money is a lot less.

Mark-II
11-21-2015, 10:19 AM
I am SO telling Santa on you. Enjoy your coal Festive-boy...

Srs? I'd LOVE a bag of coal :)

I teained in Geology. I've got a soft spot for diagenetically altered peat