PDA

View Full Version : Faxon Firearms coming to Canada through Aztech Armory

Marshall
11-21-2015, 02:00 PM
I just got off a call with the Director of Operations at Faxon Firearms and we have come to an agreement regarding working with them to get their products into Canada. http://faxonfirearms.com/

For now we can get their upper receivers, barrels, brakes and other parts, and we will be working with them to get their firearms listed on the FRT.
It can be a long process, but we are dedicated to the cause. We will start with their AR 15 lower and then work on the ARAK.

Jayne
11-21-2015, 04:13 PM
Good news!

I had heard that Faxon was working on a "non-AR-15 compatible" version of the ARAK-21 XRS that they were hoping could be classified as non-restricted. Is that project still in the works?

Thanks

- Jayne

Marshall
11-21-2015, 04:35 PM
I had heard that Faxon was working on a "non-AR-15 compatible" version of the ARAK-21 XRS that they were hoping could be classified as non-restricted. Is that project still in the works?

Roger that... the plan (hope) is that the ARAK will be NR. They had been working with another Canadian company but no progress has been made since January. Even the HPF 15 is not on the FRT yet, which should be relatively easy. Apparently the company stopped responding to Faxon some time ago and they have been looking for an alternative... enter Aztech. We will be diligent in getting the process moving forward for them.

Marshall
11-24-2015, 08:11 PM
First, I'd like to make a correction to my last post. It's not actually the ARAK that is hoped to be NR. It is the XRS-C which is an adaptation of the ARAK, so I apologize for the misinformation.
XRS-C stand for eXtrem Rifle System - Canada. Faxon created it just for the Canadian market.
Update is: The CFP has received and accepted the application and now we wait for them to get back to us.

coastal
11-24-2015, 08:57 PM
Cool!

ponymusic
11-25-2015, 11:05 PM
First, I'd like to make a correction to my last post. It's not actually the ARAK that is hoped to be NR. It is the XRS-C which is an adaptation of the ARAK, so I apologize for the misinformation.
XRS-C stand for eXtrem Rifle System - Canada. Faxon created it just for the Canadian market.
Update is: The CFP has received and accepted the application and now we wait for them to get back to us.

Outstanding Marshall! If Aztec/Faxon can achieve that goal, I will be standing in the line, credit card in hand.

CyprusTM
03-20-2016, 09:46 PM
Was told by Faxon last year they were working on bringing the ARAK to Canada. Now that you guys will be importing them when approved is great news. Hopefully it will be NR as thats the only guns i buy :D

Marshall
03-21-2016, 10:10 PM
Preliminary review of the application is complete. We have the sample XRS-C in hand in AZ right now and will be bringing it in on our March import to submit to the RCMP for testing.
Keeping our fingers crossed for a NR designation.

Also, keep in mind that we can get their uppers, barrels and other parts any time, so if there is something you have your eye on let us know.

CyprusTM
03-25-2016, 08:39 PM
Great news. Thank you for all your hard work.

Marshall
06-01-2016, 08:05 PM
Sample rifle is in the hands of the RCMP... Now we wait...

ponymusic
06-01-2016, 09:22 PM
Sample rifle is in the hands of the RCMP... Now we wait...

... and wait ... and wait ... and it's good we're all so patient. Right?

Thank you Marshall and Carol Ann, I truly appreciate your effort(s).

Take care.