PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an apartment in Edmonton

greywolf67nt
11-26-2015, 10:26 PM
My daughter is moving to Edmonton in mid-January and is looking for a place to rent.
She is 22 and a responsible kid.
She is taking the EMT course at ESA in Sherwood Park so something out that way would be best but she does have a truck so a bit of travel time is not a big deal.

blacksmithden
11-26-2015, 11:14 PM
My daughter is moving to Edmonton in mid-January and is looking for a place to rent.
She is 22 and a responsible kid.
She is taking the EMT course at ESA in Sherwood Park so something out that way would be best but she does have a truck so a bit of travel time is not a big deal.

Tell her to start checking Kijiji bud. The rental vacancy rate went up recently with all the layoffs....unfortunately, prices haven't dropped much (yet). She's going to have to go look at a few different places. There's everything from slum to the ritz here.....of course, they're all advertised as being the ritz.

coastal
11-27-2015, 12:10 AM
Harbls living room might be available? ;)

Prairie Dog
11-27-2015, 01:12 AM
Most of these are just across the river from SP, 10-20 min drive at most.

http://www.rentmidwest.com/edmonton-north-east

.....avoid Boardwalk like the plague!

Kenwp
11-28-2015, 01:25 PM
Millwoods is a top place to rent. Not

tigrr
11-28-2015, 03:09 PM
greywolf you might want to ask " what is a good place for my daughter to rent a place that her truck won't be broken into or ripped off.
I'll tell you what I remember.
Stay out of downtown Ed. Stay away from W E mall. Nothing south of 164 avenue is worth the savings. Look to the fringes of the cities and try for a basement suit. Fort Saskatchewan is nice and quiet. Sherwood park is growing and I'm not sure of the theft element. That's all I remember

conger
11-29-2015, 11:46 AM
Lots of new apartment construction in NE Edmonton, Clareview. Access to Sherwood Park is easy crossing the Beverly bridge. Most nice places are over a grand a month for rent.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

blacksmithden
11-29-2015, 01:45 PM
Lots of new apartment construction in NE Edmonton, Clareview. Access to Sherwood Park is easy crossing the Beverly bridge. Most nice places are over a grand a month for rent.

Don't forget the Henday construction and the traffic/roadway disaster they've created on the east side of that bridge. They're still going to be going at it until the end of next summer....provided they actually finish on time. It's no fun in the morning...doable...but not fun. With snow...much slower. With one accident in there...I hope you brought a lunch.

DOA
11-29-2015, 01:59 PM
I have a friend looking for a roommate in Sherwood Park. PM me if interested in info.

greywolf67nt
11-29-2015, 02:53 PM
I think we may have found a place around Victoria Trail and 137 Avenue. Just waiting to hear back from the land lady.
Makes it about 15 minutes to school for her and a spare room for when we are out every 4-6 weeks.
This one is $1650 inclusive for 3 bedrooms seems about par for the course.

Edenchef
11-29-2015, 03:39 PM
I think we may have found a place around Victoria Trail and 137 Avenue. Just waiting to hear back from the land lady.
Makes it about 15 minutes to school for her and a spare room for when we are out every 4-6 weeks.

That is a really bad area........Den lives there. :evil1: ..................Just kidding!

conger
11-29-2015, 05:43 PM
Don't forget the Henday construction and the traffic/roadway disaster they've created on the east side of that bridge. They're still going to be going at it until the end of next summer....provided they actually finish on time. It's no fun in the morning...doable...but not fun. With snow...much slower. With one accident in there...I hope you brought a lunch.
One of my daughters does this drive everyday. It's not fun for her. I think careers are being built on this.

conger
11-29-2015, 06:25 PM
I've live near there for years. It's grown a lot but lots of conveniences nearby. Banking, medical shopping all walking distance from that corner.