PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crow - I Need Some Help! Ladies at the Range!

Candychikita
04-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Just invited my lady friends to the range on June 23rd and it's looking like it's going to be a big party. 6 confirmed already, another oh...30 OR SO CONSIDERING!!! PLUS FRIENDS.

What I NEED:

Members of the AFGC who knows what they're doing to help introduce these ladies to shooting. Bring your guns and ammo.

I can only have 3 guests per member, but because these are ladies, I'm hoping to have a member per two guests max.

The ladies are paying their $10 guest fees + bringing $10 for ammo. I'm providing snacks and silk screening some tshirts, something like "I Shoot Like A Girl - Abbotsford Fish and Game Club"

Asking for help. If you know any AFGC members who know what they're doing, please get them to contact me. I've emailed the people I know, but that's quite a group of ladies.

I bit off more than I can chew perhaps...Thank goodness I didn't advertise this. Holy Crow.

Redhouse
04-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Wow, good for you - I hope it goes off as well as it looks like now.

jonanddad
04-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Wow! Nice job! Hope you can get people to help out! I would if I was in your neck of the woods

jwirecom109
04-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Great job,

You should add our website to that t-shirt get the ladies to mass here :D

Drache
04-10-2012, 11:07 AM
If I was closer I'd come give you a had but that's a long trip on short notice. Sorry....

jonanddad
04-10-2012, 11:23 AM
If I was closer I'd come give you a had but that's a long trip on short notice. Sorry....

Its 74 days away! But I understand that its a long trip

Drache
04-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Its 74 days away! But I understand that its a long trip

for me that's short notice :p

jonanddad
04-10-2012, 11:50 AM
for me that's short notice :p

lol, short notice for me is hey its this weekend :p

jwirecom109
04-10-2012, 12:00 PM
I dont't think we will be heading that way at all this summer to see the wife's family if things change I will let you know and try to plan it around those dates.

Candychikita
04-10-2012, 03:16 PM
11 confirmed. another 10 added to the guest invite list. woohoo!

FlyingHigh
04-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Wish I was closer, cause I'd be there in a heartbeat. Maybe get in touch with Slavex on CGN. Iirc, he runs a pistol club out of AFGC, and may be able to help and/or know people who can help out. :)

Ar180shooter
04-11-2012, 11:32 PM
I'd love to help out, but am on the wrong side of the country. :(

hillbillyr
04-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Good job Candy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boomboy
04-11-2012, 11:50 PM
I'll have just gotten back into the country, but I may know a few AFGC members to help out (not a member myself). I will definitely see what I can do to help though.

50calshooter
04-12-2012, 12:40 AM
That's great,

We gotta get more stuff like this going, hopefully this site can help promote and organize more events like this going forward. This is what it's all about...

50calshooter
04-12-2012, 01:35 AM
Hey CC, you should also post this thread in the action forum as well, maby with more visibility you can find a couple volunteers quicker...

If its contributing to the community and promoting new shooters, I don't mind the duplicate threads. I don't think the others will either....

Candychikita
04-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Wish I was closer, cause I'd be there in a heartbeat. Maybe get in touch with Slavex on CGN. Iirc, he runs a pistol club out of AFGC, and may be able to help and/or know people who can help out. :)

he's working :( :( got a guy who teaches the PAL course coming to help out, and i'll get him to do the initial safety briefing, as well let it be known he can teach the course. hoping to run a once-a-month PAL course with him at the club but it's hard to do with no new faces coming to the range.

girls = new faces, male and female. go figure huh? :D

dream is to have every bench have a girl on each side with a member helper. bringing it to the directors' meeting tonight

50calshooter
04-12-2012, 10:52 AM
he's working :( :( got a guy who teaches the PAL course coming to help out, and i'll get him to do the initial safety briefing, as well let it be known he can teach the course. hoping to run a once-a-month PAL course with him at the club but it's hard to do with no new faces coming to the range.

girls = new faces, male and female. go figure huh? :D

dream is to have every bench have a girl on each side with a member helper. bringing it to the directors' meeting tonight

Perhaps GOC can help out and donate some more .22lr ammo, so everyone can shoot till there hearts content....

jonanddad
04-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Perhaps GOC can help out and donate some more .22lr ammo, so everyone can shoot till there hearts content....

Yea I am sure we can do that how much you thinking?

50calshooter
04-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Yea I am sure we can do that how much you thinking?

That would be a question for Candychikita... How much do you need?

Candychikita
04-12-2012, 01:59 PM
that would be neat - i'll get a better tally closer to the date. limiting this event to a 2hr window, with a briefing to start and a mini photo op at the end - thinking the ladies will go towards the .22s and the 9mms, with the token "bragging rights" shot or two with shotguns/bigger calibres each.

my main focus right now is getting the eyes/ears part covered. The club has a big box of ear plugs, but given that one of the concerns of these ladies is "guns are noisy", trying to rally up enough full ear protection.

50calshooter
04-12-2012, 02:22 PM
GOC will donate all Hearing and Safety glasses.... I can send you a big box of decent quality safety glasses as well as some good quality ear plugs.

Let me know quantities and when you need them by...

Max Owner
04-13-2012, 10:38 AM
When the club in Grande Prairie has ladies shoots, there ususally is a wack load of people that come out and help.

Mostly guys......:rolleyes:

50calshooter
05-06-2012, 03:01 PM
GOC will donate all Hearing and Safety glasses.... I can send you a big box of decent quality safety glasses as well as some good quality ear plugs.

Let me know quantities and when you need them by...

CC I haven't back from you on my offer to sponsor your event... Do you not need any PPE stuff for all your guests? Or perhaps a brick of 22 ammo?

Candychikita
05-06-2012, 04:40 PM
CC I haven't back from you on my offer to sponsor your event... Do you not need any PPE stuff for all your guests? Or perhaps a brick of 22 ammo?

OOO i did NOT see this :D Can I get back to you beginning of June on this? Want to get a better idea of the numbers. The RSVP deadline is June 11th so I have some time to do some silk screening.

As it stands right now - I have a RPAL instructor running the safety briefings for the ladies. Save On Foods is donating some food platters. The trap director will be running the trap machine (thank goodness because I have no idea how to) Turkey's Party Makers is donating balloons. Should be LOADS of fun. Numbers right how are hovering around 20 confirmed, and lots more saying they'll think about it. Looks promising :D :D

50calshooter
05-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Great news! Yes let me know what you need when you're ready... I'll also send you guys a bunch of stickers to hand out!!!

Let me know!

jrcbecher
05-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Great if you have friends in sw ontario let me know will try to help RPal plus 100 acres

bccanadian
06-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Just invited my lady friends to the range on June 23rd and it's looking like it's going to be a big party. 6 confirmed already, another oh...30 OR SO CONSIDERING!!! PLUS FRIENDS.

What I NEED:

Members of the AFGC who knows what they're doing to help introduce these ladies to shooting. Bring your guns and ammo.

I can only have 3 guests per member, but because these are ladies, I'm hoping to have a member per two guests max.

The ladies are paying their $10 guest fees + bringing $10 for ammo. I'm providing snacks and silk screening some tshirts, something like "I Shoot Like A Girl - Abbotsford Fish and Game Club"

Asking for help. If you know any AFGC members who know what they're doing, please get them to contact me. I've emailed the people I know, but that's quite a group of ladies.

I bit off more than I can chew perhaps...Thank goodness I didn't advertise this. Holy Crow.

If you ever do this out at Mission, I would be happy to help out. When we have had open houses in the past, I never missed one. I'm sure if you approached someone on the board, they would be happy to make arrangements for the use of our facilities.

bccanadian
06-03-2012, 08:16 PM
One more thought, I think June 23rd is the same weekend that Huntfest is on in ChilliwacK.

Candychikita
06-04-2012, 02:25 AM
One more thought, I think June 23rd is the same weekend that Huntfest is on in ChilliwacK.

i know :D can send the girls over to check it out afterwards...and the range should be a little bit quieter with that distraction :D