PDA

View Full Version : RDSC has been approved!

50calshooter
07-03-2012, 11:41 AM
As of this morning The Red Deer Shooting Centre has been APPROVED! After a unanimous vote in favor by all of the Red Deer County Councilors, led by Mayor Jim Wood, we have received an approval for our development permit!

It’s been a long road; we’re excited to finally see this venture come together. RDSC would like to thank the following…

-The Red Deer County Councilors & Mayor Jim Wood
-The Calgary Shooting Centre
-The Alberta Chief Firearms Office
-The Red Deer RCMP
-All of our local supporters and our future members…

We’re honored and remain humble in having this amazing opportunity to bring this facility to Red Deer. We look forward to many years of serving Red Deer and the surrounding area. Stay tuned for updates,

jwirecom109
07-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Congrats 50 good to hear about the approval

stevesummit
07-03-2012, 11:52 AM
glad to see shooters getting ahead and moving our sport forward

Canuck
07-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Excellent news! You must be really stoked now. Another hurdle overcome.

Haywire1
07-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Many many congrats .50 I am sure we will all eagerly follow the progress

jrcbecher
07-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Great to hear there are some who value free Enterprise and jobs good luck on your new adventure and a special thanks to all who helped move this forward.

normmus
07-03-2012, 02:46 PM
I love hearing good news. Congrats!

blacksmithden
07-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Rock n' roll 50 ! Looking forward to the progress updates. We'll be the first ones in the door when it's finished !

Prairie Dog
07-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Excellent news indeed. Save a lane and a membership for me.

Posted through Tapatalk

BuckingFastard
07-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Congrats brother, I'm glad everything is falling in place

OldWays
07-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Congrats! If you're open by Christmas I'll stop in when I go one or the holiday.

CanuckWR
07-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Thats great news! Red Deer NEEDS a real shooters store in the worst way!!

50calshooter
07-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Red Deer NEEDS a real shooters store in the worst way!!

I hope your right... lol

gutb
07-05-2012, 07:18 PM
This is mdavid from CGN. I see you were banned after I came back from my latest banning to see what was going on with your project. Ill be honest....I really didn't think you'd even get past this stage. Are you going to force me to eat crow?

50calshooter
07-05-2012, 09:44 PM
This is mdavid from CGN. I see you were banned after I came back from my latest banning to see what was going on with your project. Ill be honest....I really didn't think you'd even get past this stage. Are you going to force me to eat crow?

Na, life's too short.

You certainly weren't the first and won't be the last nay sayer that's given me a hard time. The truth is I've battled my own conscious over this business for the last year. It took a fair amount of time and many sleepless nights for me to convince myself to follow through.

So what was the deciding factor? At 30 years old, this may be my one and only shot in life to take a chance and accomplish something great. Win or lose, when I'm old and grey I'll look back with no regrets, I will be able to say, at least I tried.

In the end, I'll say to you what I've always told those that have doubted me and/or assumed the guy behind the 50calshooter handle was just some punk kid talking shit.... I drink bud light and your first range day is on me.

50calshooter
07-06-2012, 08:36 AM
Ill be honest....I really didn't think you'd even get past this stage.

May I ask why you thought this?

gutb
07-06-2012, 05:06 PM
May I ask why you thought this?

I thought for sure the Red Deer city council would have an immediate and severely emotional reaction on the suggestion of a shooting range in the city.

50calshooter
07-06-2012, 06:55 PM
I thought for sure the Red Deer city council would have an immediate and severely emotional reaction on the suggestion of a shooting range in the city.

Ah I see, fair enough.

In Alberta it's not as taboo as one might think....

Westicles
08-10-2012, 11:51 PM
I am constantly getting sent to Red Deer for work I am giddy with the idea of visiting this store.