PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to 2016, GOC update

jwirecom109
01-01-2016, 10:47 AM
Good Morning Gun Owners of Canada members.

I just wanted to say Happy New Years to All.

I'm looking forward to seeing what 2016 brings for all our members.

With every year we have change, You'll notice that several banners have been swapped out, some dealers leaving us and some new ones joining us.

I encourage you all to check out our support dealers as they help keep the lights on.

We had an amazing year of giveaways last year, giving away 6 guns! and thousands of other prizes.

We are compiling our Giveaways for 2016, so far we have some pretty good ones but they are not all together yet.

We usually Hold off on Giveaways till Feb 1, just to give all me time to sort out what goes where in the giveaway lineup for the year.

Once everything comes in, I'm sure we will have another great year of giveaways!

Again thank you for being members of Gun Owners of Canada.

And all the best in 2016.

BrotherRockeye
01-01-2016, 11:32 AM
Ready to spend last years prize and cash in on this years giveaways!

Thanks GOC!

Happy 2016 to all.

Foxer
01-01-2016, 12:07 PM
Thanks for giving us this place to hang out :) Happy 2016!

Marner
01-01-2016, 12:23 PM
^^^^^ I haven't been here long but sure do enjoy the civility and the often well thought out and articulated comments by some, including by this guy.

Petamocto
01-01-2016, 12:54 PM
Thank you for the work you do to keep this going. I really get a lot out of this place.

hercster
01-01-2016, 01:15 PM
Ditto, ditto, ditto There are a lot of gun forums and some are very good, well run and civil. But this one is different in a few ways that appeal to me. I like visualizing what some of you folk look like and I've been to quite a number of cities and towns where you live. While I'm in Texas now and will be until late April, checking in here reminds me that I'm Canadian and blessed. IMHO we are not second class Americans by a long shot and this forum doesn't take a back seat to any of the others for the fellowship and tone. A special thanks to the mods as they are almost invisible and that's a credit both to them and the members.

mtlgun
01-01-2016, 06:27 PM
Happy New Year to you to Jwire and all the mods and behind the scenes people who keep the show running. Here's hoping 2016 is a good one for us all.

Kenwp
01-01-2016, 06:46 PM
Is the banner for Backwoods Gunsmithing a mistake or am I stupid. Comes up asking if I own the website or something like that.

Prairie Dog
01-01-2016, 06:59 PM
Is the banner for Backwoods Gunsmithing a mistake or am I stupid. Comes up asking if I own the website or something like that.

It links to their FB page.

lone-wolf
01-01-2016, 07:01 PM
Finally, someone has built an EMP Rifle. For shooting down police helicopters I assume.

It's a banner.

Foxer
01-01-2016, 07:41 PM
Finally, someone has built an EMP Rifle. For shooting down police helicopters I assume.

It's a banner.

Yeah i saw that but the website is down. Which is mildly amusing - misfire in the server room?

jwirecom109
01-01-2016, 07:43 PM
Emp's website isn't complete.
It's the same owner as Zombie supply canada

Coke
01-01-2016, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the great site, and the giveaways you run...

This is a great site, I just wish the EE would have a little more stuff on it. But I'd rather be here than there...

Hornychief
01-01-2016, 08:47 PM
Thanks again guys. Good bunch on here and a nice place to hang out. Happy 2016!!

speedloader
01-01-2016, 10:01 PM
ALL The best to you and yours in the new year Jwire

FALover
01-02-2016, 08:40 AM
2016! Going to be an interesting year around my place! Looking forward to better health and more bacon!

R&R Rancher
01-02-2016, 10:56 AM
Happy New Year everyone !

For my 2016 I hope to shoot a few more clays and spend a bit more time with my son. He'll be enrolled in the WTSC junior program again this spring. If the weather is cooperative I'll replace more of the damaged fence at the farm and I'm sure there will be some home improvement projects to tackle. Dropping my leftover farm debt will remain an on going task.

On the fun side there may be a driving vacation to the west cost this summer :D

All in all 2016 should be a good year.

DanN
01-02-2016, 11:32 AM
Happy New Year guys! Cheers!

canthitathing
01-02-2016, 01:10 PM
Best wishes to everyone for 2016.

I hope to start coyote hunting this spring, partake of CQB and/or Cowboy Action this summer, pick up a few accessories along the way, and generally have a reasonable number of outings just to punch paper. So many activities, so little time.

FlyingHigh
01-02-2016, 04:34 PM
I've been here from the very beginning of GOC, in fact I'm registered user number 2. It's been an absolute pleasure to be a part of this site, watch it grow and get to know the members.

I'm looking forward to seeing where 2016 takes us. :)

Petamocto
01-02-2016, 05:42 PM
Personally I've always thought giveaways were counter-productive, and this is proven in the marketing industry where companies that rely on them always get bitten.

This forum is awesome all on its own, and the couple thousand core members who post regularly will do more than enough to spread the good word on your behalf.

The CCFR doesn't need to give things away to increase membership, you don't need to give things away to draw people in, and Daniel Defense doesn't have to have promotions to sell rifles. In all cases it is detrimental to long-term brand quality.

jwirecom109
01-02-2016, 05:46 PM
The CCFR doesn't need to give things away to increase membership, you don't need to give things away to draw people in, and Daniel Defense doesn't have to have promotions to sell rifles. In all cases it is detrimental to long-term brand quality.

I must be confused by this then: https://firearmrights.ca/en/remington-783-awarded/

And one of the founding ideas was to give back to the community, this is partly a way to do that.

stevesummit
01-02-2016, 05:55 PM
I have always enjoyed spreading and promoting my product on this forum and seeing the membership enjoy what is given .

Battle Beaver
01-02-2016, 06:09 PM
I must be confused by this then: https://firearmrights.ca/en/remington-783-awarded/

And one of the founding ideas was to give back to the community, this is partly a way to do that.

Yeah, was about to point out the same thing. :) CCFR certainly did do a give-away to attract more members. Nothing wrong with that, but surprised one of their own representatives didn't know that.

Petamocto
01-02-2016, 06:30 PM
Yeah, was about to point out the same thing. :) CCFR certainly did do a give-away to attract more members. Nothing wrong with that, but surprised one of their own representatives didn't know that.

Dude, I'm well aware of the give away, I specifically named three sources who gave things away but don't have to.

This forum does but does not have to.

CCFR does but does not have to.

Daniel Defense does but does not have to.

I thought I was being blatantly obvious with that, my apologies.

JWire, I merely meant to brought up a well-known truth in the marketing industry, which is that giveaways are short term gain at the expense of long-term prestige. There are an extremely small amount of companies that have managed to make it part of an effective strategy, but they go against the tide.

I'm trying to give you a compliment by saying that this forum is so great that you don't need to. Yes you want to give back and that's great, but you do that by giving us an outstanding forum that we love. Ferrari doesn't need gimicks, and Jaguar doesn't need gimicks. The CCFR doesn't need gimicks, and you don't need gimicks.

Here's a simple azimuth check:
Out of all the people who have won the contests, how many have won but don't really contribute to your forum? Of those who contribute regularly and have won, how many of them would have stopped contributing if they hadn't won anything?

I commend your efforts to give back, but creating the best forum in Canada is a better gift to the community than guns or ammo.

hercster
01-02-2016, 06:30 PM
I don't care either way and don't even register for stuff. My only regret is that I can't use the stickers as I'm "under cover" where I live in Ontario. I live next trailer to a raving maniac that has already caused me serious problems. So I don't weare any gun stuff and move my guns and ammo around very quietly. Being a gun guy gives me a taste of what people who face discrimination feel like. Up to a short time ago, I didn't express my views gun wise or politically on Facebook either based on a bad experience. I'm just happy to have a place to relax a little more than other sites without being reviled or flamed.

lone-wolf
01-02-2016, 08:16 PM
I won a freakin rifle, so giveaways :Beer time:

GunsNotPuns
01-03-2016, 02:41 PM
Happy New Year and thanks for the hang-out for Canadian gun owners!

road kill
01-03-2016, 03:10 PM
Happy new years from me and the dog. Hope things go better than last year.

snipezilla
01-04-2016, 03:58 PM
Happy New Year to all members of GOC! Thanks to all the mods for keeping this site up and running, and for all the incredible giveaways. I am not on here often, but it's a great atmosphere and crowd of gun owners. It's nice to have a safe place to post with my lack of fire arms knowledge, and know that I will be looked after. Looking forward to what 2016 brings for this site. Cheers!

bramptonmike
01-08-2016, 05:19 AM
Got my prize upon my return from our vacation this week..thanks and may 2016 be a Healthy Happy & Prosperous New Year to all!

GR0M
01-30-2016, 07:05 PM
Deleted

jwirecom109
01-30-2016, 07:07 PM
What happened to the FOC giveaway if you bought calendars?

http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/showthread.php?27540-FIREARMS-OUTLET-CANADA-GIVEAWAY