PDA

View Full Version : Kimber Montana

JustBen
01-03-2016, 11:43 PM
I'm going to go look at a used Kimber Montana in 270 WSM tomorrow. Anyone have any experience with kimber and any particular quirks to look for?

Drache
01-03-2016, 11:51 PM
Heard nothing but good things about them. So just check for the normal things like wear and tear.

Haywire1
01-03-2016, 11:53 PM
Being a wsm I would also suggest you bring a borescope and try and check the chamber. Other than the normal wear amd tear I cant think of anything. They seem to be really nice shooters.

kennymo
01-05-2016, 08:23 AM
Well.....did you buy it? I haven't heard anything particularly bad about them....

JustBen
01-05-2016, 10:20 AM
I did buy it... Stock has a few scratches, but the finish on the stock isn't terribly strong. It will get a fresh coat of paint to match my Kuiu Vias camo. Thing has only seen a box or two of cartridges total. Great shape - I think the guy needed money more than anything - I got a smoking deal on it.

I need to sell my old 270 wsm remington now to make room in the safe.

Haywire1
01-05-2016, 03:32 PM
I suspect that here will soon be a large amount of boom stocks coming up for grabs as the e.I. runs out, and the credit card bills come in thanks to Nutley

JustBen
01-05-2016, 03:45 PM
I suspect that here will soon be a large amount of boom stocks coming up for grabs as the e.I. runs out, and the credit card bills come in thanks to Nutley

Xmas wasn't cheap to keep appearances up.

gtr
02-10-2016, 12:41 PM
I did buy it... Stock has a few scratches, but the finish on the stock isn't terribly strong. It will get a fresh coat of paint to match my Kuiu Vias camo. Thing has only seen a box or two of cartridges total. Great shape - I think the guy needed money more than anything - I got a smoking deal on it.

I need to sell my old 270 wsm remington now to make room in the safe.

Does it fit you like your Remington.

JustBen
02-10-2016, 07:35 PM
Fits better than my remington did. Nice and light too.