PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Equipment Operator\Supervisor looking for work

SIR VEYOR
01-10-2016, 02:09 PM
Hi All,

I've got a friend who just got laid off. He's a very good loader\excavator\skidsteer\long haul\etc operator. With lots of experience moving\setting rig mats and snow removal in tight spots. I'm sure he does a lot more, just what I've seen him do. I suspect he is good with a grader as well, but I haven't asked or seen him on one.

He's also been supervisor and other levels as well. But he's always easy-going and work is the main thing. He's near Rocky\Red Deer area, but is very used to camp style work.

If anybody knows of an opening, please let me know. I know good operators are hard to find.

Thank you.

blacksmithden
01-10-2016, 02:24 PM
I'll keep an eye and an ear out around the Edmonton area, but it's been pretty slim pickings for quite a while now. Most places have a stack of resumes already backed up for operators. The only thing I heard through the grape vine is they are (at least, were) looking for ticketed boiler makers for the new tank farm that's going in up in Redwater. Other than that...man....it's a tough market right now.

If anyone knows of any places that are looking for a really good ticketed welder with his own rig...rig required or not...please sound off. I've been trying to find him something as well.

SIR VEYOR
01-10-2016, 04:12 PM
I'll keep an eye and an ear out around the Edmonton area, but it's been pretty slim pickings for quite a while now. Most places have a stack of resumes already backed up for operators. The only thing I heard through the grape vine is they are (at least, were) looking for ticketed boiler makers for the new tank farm that's going in up in Redwater. Other than that...man....it's a tough market right now.

If anyone knows of any places that are looking for a really good ticketed welder with his own rig...rig required or not...please sound off. I've been trying to find him something as well.

Is he B pressure or red seal? I know place where they actually look at the red seal, which seems to be ignored in a lot of areas I'm around. And it's no FH is it? lol

Yeah, that's the problem with all the deadwood getting the jump. The better guys don't get cut loose until their companies are really getting into the red. Then it's really hard to stand out because skills and years of experience are also on the deadwood resume. And everyone is so used to seeing almost the same thing. And if they're long term guys, they're even harder up because they just don't try to keep a list of people to call should things go sideways.

If you're good, job security is a given until the company is almost under...

FlyingHigh
01-10-2016, 04:19 PM
Is he B pressure or red seal? I know place where they actually look at the red seal, which seems to be ignored in a lot of areas I'm around. And it's no FH is it? lol

Nope, it's not me. I thank my lucky stars I'm one of the few people who still have a job pulling 40 hours a week. :) I think I'll be one of the ones who rides the company all the way down, however the place I work keeps on managing to pull contracts out of thin air.

If the worst did come to it, I have contacts in one or two other shops but if they're not hiring I'd likely leave Alberta or hop on the student loan train and go back to school.

I'm pretty sure I know the welder BSD is talking about. He's no slouch and I'm surprised he's out of work. It's gotten to the point that even the best are getting laid off. I really feel for those out of work. It's rough out there.

FALover
01-10-2016, 04:28 PM
My neighbour works up north (way up north). He is a heavy equipment operator, makes decent money.8 weeks in and 8 weeks out. If anyone is interested in work then check out this site. http://www.nasittuq.com/candidate-relief-pool-opportunities-alert-nu/