PDA

View Full Version : Huntshield Scopes at CT

lone-wolf
01-28-2016, 09:43 PM
Never checked them out in person, but they have a 1.5x-6x32 with a 30mm tube if the description is right. $200.
Thinking that maybe, since their huntshield rifle cases are rebranded planos, maybe their scopes are a rebranded half decent scope.

Anyone have an idea of who the manufacturer is?

kennymo
01-28-2016, 10:56 PM
Not a clue. The small shops here seem to be dealing with Scorpion Optics though....prices are fair and the warranty is killer (100% in store exchange). I have a couple buddies using their stuff, I've yet to form an opinion on them....

Gunexpert007
01-29-2016, 01:21 AM
Tagged for interest...

RobertMcC
01-29-2016, 08:28 AM
Look at the 1.5-4.5x32 Bushnell Banner, wide angle. I bought one for my Mauser and like it and was 100$ cheaper than the huntshield.

kennymo
01-29-2016, 08:35 AM
Can't really seem to dig up anything on these other than made in China. Which doesn't really mean all that much since a ton of lower to mid range scopes come out of there now. No idea if these are similar to Bushnell, Cabela's or NC Star....

kennymo
01-29-2016, 10:27 AM
Canadian Tire's not talking either.....

http://answers.canadiantire.ca/answers/9045/product/1752448P/huntshield-huntshield-scope-3-9x40-questions-answers/questions.htm

Run 'n' Gun
01-29-2016, 11:35 AM
I tried my Google-fu as well, this is as close as I came...it's from a crossbow forum...

Re: Huntshield scope any good??

HuntShield is a "store branded" name that Crappy Tire started carrying this year.

There is two different scopes and two different pairs of binoculars.

They are all made in China, but maybe that doesn't mean much since most entry pricepoint scopes and bino's from pretty much all the name brands are now Chinese made.

We have given these the good once over trying to figure out if it's something that TriLeaf (the procurement end of CTC that actually contracts the making of a product) had these built or if they are just a "debranded" product from Bushnell or Tasco etc and simply can't tell. I did ask the hunting buyer (I am an inventory manager at a Crappy Tire) and he didn't know "who" had the contract for the optics - totally different end of things.

The quality looks "fine" compared to the price point, but I just find them "over priced" for a "generic" scope. They are certainly of no better quality than the Bushnell Trophy despite being priced almost exactly the same.

But the difference would be if you ever tried to sell it later. Everyone has heard of Bushnell and they have been around for years. If this product doesn't meet certain thresholds it will be off the market in a year or two and the name long forgotten.

And as far as the reviews go - just remember, this wasn't on the market a year and a half ago. I'm not saying it's a bad product or you should avoid it, but it just doesn't have much of a "track record".Graham

lone-wolf
01-29-2016, 08:50 PM
Considering it's CT, if anything breaks, you might get a no questions asked exchange?

Going to have a look at one... probably next week. Even with cheaper options, just curious at the moment.

RobertMcC
01-29-2016, 08:58 PM
Considering it's CT, if anything breaks, you might get a no questions asked exchange?

Going to have a look at one... probably next week. Even with cheaper options, just curious at the moment.

Thats only really mastercraft tools.

LB303
07-15-2018, 04:22 PM
Well holy necro threads. They are clearing out those scopes at CT. I'm looking for something like that 6x for my BLR, so for half price it seemed worth a look. Only the kid working the counter (when he was finally located) didn't know about the clearance and wasn't going to let me buy the display model which was the only one in stock. Then couldn't get the keys to work in the cabinet lock. Can I come back tomorrow? I don't know if I should, honestly. Perhaps the universe is telling me to wait until a Nikon sale happens somewhere.

Drache
07-15-2018, 05:27 PM
I thought I read somewhere that they were just rebranded Tasco Scopes. Tried to find where I read that but can't find it anymore.

LB303
07-15-2018, 10:17 PM
Sounds totally plausible. So worth it at $100, maybe.... I think I'm going to listen to that little voice.

Stew
07-15-2018, 10:51 PM
Cabelas has a decent sale on

Will57
09-19-2018, 10:50 AM
I have a 4-12X44 Huntshield Scope on my BCL102 308 calibre and it has nice clarity. It's holding zero. I picked it for half price and to this point I have been happy with the scope.

SIR VEYOR
09-19-2018, 12:03 PM
For ones made near you, three brands listed...

Armament Technology
3045 Robie Street
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada
(902) 454-6384

And a $300 rebate on at least some models.