PDA

View Full Version : Liberals War on Women - Right to Self Defence EH

Right Edition
01-29-2016, 05:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFGkPz_nsgU

Why are women in Canada denied even pepper or bear spray to defend themselves against attack?

The violent attack on Julie Paskall of British Columbia, police suspect robbery to be the motive, caused me to revisit an issue which has long been disturbing.

Women in Canada (men too, but let me focus on our wives, mothers, sisters and daughters) are denied by criminal law the right to carry something as fundamentally protecting as pepper or bear spray.

Why do we tolerate this? Why do we permit federal politicians to sell us the dangerous nonsense that for a woman to carry pepper or bear spray is more dangerous to the woman than carrying, nothing? Forget the self-serving argument that an attacker may wrestle the pepper or bear spray from your mother, sister, wife or daughter. If the most important women in your life were carrying such basic protection they would have an opportunity to disable an attacker temporarily and escape.

Amanda Collins is a young American Mom. Amanda is a rape survivor. As a student at the University of Nevada-Reno, she was attacked and raped at gunpoint and within feet of the campus police station.

Amanda had a concealed carry permit for her handgun, but the campus is a gun-free zone and Amanda respected that rule. Today Amanda argues that had she been carrying her gun she may have had the opportunity to protect herself, as well as the two other women raped and a third killed by her attacker later.

http://roygreenshow.com/why-are-women...

Rules confusing around bear, pepper spray

So can that little can of dog spray dangling on your keychain be illegal? Or that cannister of bear spray you bought?

"It might be, depending on how strong it is," said Solomon Friedman, Ottawa criminal defence lawyer and firearms law expert.

"I've certainly seen people charged with carrying a concealed weapon."

The murky area can also surround how it's carried and the intent of the person carrying it.

If you are intending to hurt someone with it, or actually do, that is illegal.

Carrying bear spray is legal for use against bears. Carrying bear spray in the city where you're unlikely to see a bear?

You could be charged with carrying a concealed or restricted weapon. And actually using it as a weapon can mean a host of other charges, including assault with a weapon and administering a noxious thing.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/02/05/r...

Ed Burlew
Edward L. Burlew, LL.B., Barrister and Solicitor, is a Canadian lawyer and gun rights advocate. He is one of only three lawyers in Canada[1] who specializes in the byzantine labyrinth of contradictions that is Canadian gun law, being widely recognized as possibly the foremost expert on the subject in that country

https://youtu.be/mt9bzP3krBE

blacksmithden
01-29-2016, 08:57 PM
Another great piece Brian. Thank you. Just remember.....my name is xxxxxxx. My date of birth is xxxxxxx. My address is xxxxxx. I was in fear of my life. I have nothing further to say until I've spoken to my lawyer......AND SHUT THE HELL UP !!!!

tdod101
01-29-2016, 11:33 PM
Simple, the government has a monopoly on force. Ive never understood why the feminists can't get behind this idea of being able to defend your self.

firemachine69
01-30-2016, 06:05 AM
Simple, the government has a monopoly on force. Ive never understood why the feminists can't get behind this idea of being able to defend your self.

Because they are constantly trying to hijack the monopoly for themselves...

Waterloomike
01-30-2016, 06:55 AM
They, liberals, hate everybody that obeys the law, but they never met a criminal they didn't love.

Amanda, being within feet of the campus cops, is all the proof one needs to realise that the cops are not there to protect you. They take down the info after the fact. That's all they can do.

Pizzed
01-30-2016, 07:03 AM
JMO, I think using "Liberals War on Women" is rhetoric that is over the top if you're trying to appeal to a broader audience. Considering the women JT just put into cabinet, it would hardly seem that there is a 'war' being waged here. I would just stick to "Right to Self Defense" or something along those lines.

Or is this about preaching to the choir?

Waterloomike
01-30-2016, 07:11 AM
The road to war is paved with good intentions.

speedloader
01-30-2016, 07:48 AM
Dog spray is legal to carry cost ten bucks
wife has some I got her because she goes into the dog parks and thats all anybody needs to know
bear spray is not in the city or any other defense item period if used for defense

I mean with so many police who needs self defense items right?
we are all safe here under the rainbow...........

tdod101
01-30-2016, 11:22 AM
I mean with so many police who needs self defense items right?
we are all safe here under the rainbow...........

Sunny ways my friend, sunny ways....

Right Edition
01-30-2016, 02:08 PM
JMO, I think using "Liberals War on Women" is rhetoric that is over the top if you're trying to appeal to a broader audience. Considering the women JT just put into cabinet, it would hardly seem that there is a 'war' being waged here. I would just stick to "Right to Self Defense" or something along those lines.

Or is this about preaching to the choir?

The war on women has been waged for years through the media and education system . Women are constantly told they are victims, victims of white man privilege victims of unequal pay, victims when someone says anything negative about abortion on demand and paid for by the public. When someone looks at them or compliments them that is harassment . The list goes on and on, the war is for the minds of women

Pizzed
01-30-2016, 03:53 PM
^If you say so.

Candychikita
01-30-2016, 06:45 PM
Dog spray is legal to carry cost ten bucks
wife has some I got her because she goes into the dog parks and thats all anybody needs to know

I carry dog spray, same thing.

They started recording the name of the person who purchased it at Wholesale, so I started buying it at Canadian Tire where they have it at at the front with the chocolate bars. Canadian Tire treats it like any other convenience item...I likey.

conger
01-30-2016, 07:22 PM
My wife and daughters all carry dog spray. Especially on public transit.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

speedloader
01-30-2016, 09:40 PM
well its the only thing I could think of that gives her some peace of mind
they sell it at my range no questions asked its legal to carry & yes my daughters will have one as well
when need be I agree especially with this pick a bathroom BS the NDP has shoved down our throats
at the schools.
the wife can shoot very well but lets not get into the stupidness of why she
cannot carry a nice under 4"long 9mm to defend herself if need be
we've been over that too many times and still the same old story remains
even though the need is greater now more than ever I think
for personal defense for ladies