PDA

View Full Version : Fishing vests

TheHydrant
02-17-2016, 12:42 PM
I could use some tips/advice from the more experienced/adept anglers on board.
My mother-in-law gave me a fishing vest the other day. I like to fish but in no way consider myself a "fisherman". I own a couple of modest rods and a tackle box with a mish-mash of aging lures etc. that were given to me or found. I know nothing about fishing vests but it's quite nice looking and was very happy to receive it. It is a Bushline with some 2 dozen pockets, loops, and mesh bits. Is there a proper or particular way of loading it? The pamphlet attached lists off all the pockets but doesn't indicate which pocket is which so I have no idea if there is a particular way of rigging it up or if it doesn't matter at all....just stuff it and go?

Billythreefeathers
02-17-2016, 04:34 PM
I keep my lures and such in small cases that fit into the pockets,, spools of line in other pockets,, after having a vest for several years things usually end up where they are the most convenient to retrieve.
I use some of the loops to tie a small set of fingernail clippers to and a pair of forceps to. I don't use a tackle box, my vest is my tackle box, keeps the hands free.

FlyingHigh
02-17-2016, 05:30 PM
There's not really a set way to organize a vest. Everyone kind of sticks stuff where it works best with their fishing style and system. Figure out what fits where, and what you need most frequently and organize appropriately.

TheHydrant
02-18-2016, 06:12 AM
experiment as I go and make changes as needed. got it.
Thanks

TheHydrant
02-18-2016, 06:12 AM
experiment as I go and make changes as needed. got it.
Thanks